Caroline Kennedy: A President Like My Father

If it is a lie, then no, I would not repeat it. But the shots of Obama saying "Clinton is more of the same" or Hillary saying "Obama is too inexperienced".... the OPINION parts... without question I would throw those back at them.

Yeah, but that stuff is pretty tame. I'm not too worried,

You're right Darla he shouldn't get out. He should stay in the race and keep the decision up in the air until Denver so that the Dems can look disorganized and have lots of infighting so that they can insure another Republican in office for four more years. In the new Lewis Black stand up he asks the democrats how it was they could choose someone in 2004 that couldn't beat Bush. Now the new question will be why the Dems could not get unified enough to beat the republicans in general.

Soc, I'm still not buying the mainstream media narrative that a vigorous primary is tearing the Dems apart. I think that crap amounts to naught more than navel-gazing by cable news pundits.

The Dems are energized. Turnout in Democratic primaries are blowing away republican turnout. Young people are getting engaged at a level not seen in decades. I've yet to see evidence of a discouraged and downtrodden democratic electorate. I'll be the first to admit it, when I see it. But, I ain't seeing it.

As for having vigorous, nasty, hard fought primaries, I think I was laughed at for saying that the hardball politics and attacks on Obama (or any other candidate) is a neccessary process for them to go through. It's pre-season training for what they'll face from the GOP. And Obama agrees with me:

Asked what he made of the "bloody" back and forth with the Clintons, Obama said, "I don't feel the candidates are being bloodied up. This is good practice for me for me so, you know, when I take on these Republicans I'll be accustomed to it."

Hey, I don't plan on giving up the idea of voting for somebody rather than against them. I would support Darla even if it was my party in that endeavor.

There is nothing like forcing yourself to vote against the actual taste of bile in my throat.

He isn't dividing anyone in the Democratic party, that's right.

And the only people he would "divide" in a general, are conservatives. We don't want them.

Weren't you arguing that Nadar didn't lose the election for Gore, and what did Gore think, that he was "entitled" to those votes?

Why are Obama, or Hillary, "entitled" to Edwards' votes? He got 18% of the Democratic turnout in S Carolina.

Why on earth should he drop out?

Because he got 18% of the Dem turnout in his home state. Personally, I want him to stay in. I think he hurts Hillary more than Obama..... and you know quite well that I want anyone but Hillary.

You know what Soc...I watched a documentary yesterday about Iraq. From the Gulf war through today. I saw footage of the dying skeletal children from our sanctions, and it made me remember what Madeline albright said about them. They really didn't care.

Maybe Obama, as much as he is a DLC'er on economic policies, would be better on foreign policy. I don't know.

But when I consider what US foreign policy has been under both parties, and the fact that we are headed for an economic disaster that I really don't think can be avoided no matter who is President, I think maybe wht this country needs is four more years of this shit anyway.

I just don't care that much right now. I will probably care more soon. But I can tell you that I will never care enough to give up my vote for John Edwards.

And this idea that the democrats need to unify because the republicans will use the democratic attacks against each other blah blah blah, I heard it all in 04, and I fell for it. We unified, we nominated a freaking war hero, to go up against a draft dodger by the way.

What did it get us? The same thing calculation always gets you Soc, and so this time, I go with my heart. AT least if I lose I can look at myself in the mirror.

Hmmm..... careful.... Dems are not supposed to mention that the sanctions were starving Iraqi children. It tends to lend support to my position that war was inevitable given that we were not going to lift sanctions without compliance and Saddam was not going to comply without force.

*thread hijack attempt in progress.... do not disturb*

Hey, I don't plan on giving up the idea of voting for somebody rather than against them. I would support Darla even if it was my party in that endeavor.
There is nothing like forcing yourself to vote against the actual taste of bile in my throat.

Top, is that you?

Damo, seriously, I am having trouble understanding you tonight. So either you are drunk, or I am very tired.

Hmmm..... careful.... Dems are not supposed to mention that the sanctions were starving Iraqi children. It tends to lend support to my position that war was inevitable given that we were not going to lift sanctions without compliance and Saddam was not going to comply without force.

I have never advocted nor endorsed sanctions directed at any country's people, by any party, and I never will. This does not mean that I believe we should bomb their civilians to death, instead of starving them to death.

I think that there is a third way, and that as a Christian people, we can find it.

I know my history. I know that when Kennedy was shot in November of 1963 there was only about 16,000 MAC-V troops in Vietnam and that earlie in the fall Kennedy had signed an order for the withdrawl of 1000 advisors and that in the Spring of 1963 a plan was on the table for the complete withdrawl of troops from Vietnam. I know that your trying to say that her endorsement of Obama as a "President Like my Dad" is an endorsement of another undeclared war in Asia. Which is a strawman. I know that ultimately what scares you Damo is a Dem back in the WHitehouse so you will paint with as broad a STRAW brush as you can. But it was not until Johnson that we had a real full blown undeclared war in Vietnam.

Top, is that you?

Damo, seriously, I am having trouble understanding you tonight. So either you are drunk, or I am very tired.
Then you must be very tired. In this thread I mentioned the fact that "Just like Kennedy" would be somebody who would start an undeclared war in Asia. It is a fact that one was started on his watch.

Later I supported you in your argument with Soc that Edwards shouldn't drop out and you intended to for FOR somebody rather than hold your nose.

I am sorry you are so tired, but really my posts do make sense.

what part of that was hard to understand :mad::mad::mad:

;)

This part:

"I would support Darla even if it was my party in that endeavor."

Do you know what he is supporting me in? And how would i be an endeavor of his party? The sentence is senseless! The empire has no clothes! Don't try and pretend you understand it and that Damo is wearing clothes just to get moderator brownie points SF.

I know my history. I know that when Kennedy was shot in November of 1963 there was only about 16,000 MAC-V troops in Vietnam and that earlie in the fall Kennedy had signed an order for the withdrawl of 1000 advisors and that in the Spring of 1963 a plan was on the table for the complete withdrawl of troops from Vietnam. I know that your trying to say that her endorsement of Obama as a "President Like my Dad" is an endorsement of another undeclared war in Asia. Which is a strawman. I know that ultimately what scares you Damo is a Dem back in the WHitehouse so you will paint with as broad a STRAW brush as you can. But it was not until Johnson that we had a real full blown undeclared war in Vietnam.
No, I am saying that her dad was one that started an undeclared war in Asia, regardless of an order to withdrawal 1000 at his death.

The reality is, he did start an undeclared war in Asia. Really. I don't want another President like that.

This part:

"I would support Darla even if it was my party in that endeavor."

Do you know what he is supporting me in? And how would i be an endeavor of his party? The sentence is senseless! The empire has no clothes! Don't try and pretend you understand it and that Damo is wearing clothes just to get moderator brownie points SF.
Read the post Darla. Read it. I was supporting your in your argument to want to vote for Edwards regardless of Socrtease's unverifiable claim it would make the Democrats lose.

And if you were in my party supporting a moron like Huckabee and really wanted to vote FOR him, even though he won't win, I would support your wish to vote FOR somebody rather than holding your nose to vote for another you don't really support.

Then you must be very tired. In this thread I mentioned the fact that "Just like Kennedy" would be somebody who would start an undeclared war in Asia. It is a fact that one was started on his watch.

Later I supported you in your argument with Soc that Edwards shouldn't drop out and you intended to for FOR somebody rather than hold your nose.

I am sorry you are so tired, but really my posts do make sense.

Oh you are talking about my voting for Edwards! Ok, I get it now, but you were unclear.

Oh you are talking about my voting for Edwards! Ok, I get it now, but you were unclear.
I was very clear. I even started with the fact that I will quite likely vote for somebody, as I have in the past, that stands no chance of winning but seems to be creating a "problem" for my own party.

You just chose not to "understand" because you prefer to believe that people cannot support one another if they fall on differing sides of the political spectrum.

No, I am saying that her dad was one that started an undeclared war in Asia, regardless of an order to withdrawal 1000 at his death.

The reality is, he did start an undeclared war in Asia. Really. I don't want another President like that.

Okay, we get it Damo. You don't want a president who supports unneccessary wars in foreign lands. That's why, in November 2008, you'll be pulling the lever for John McCain. :rolleyes:

:pke:

Now, stop hijacking! :)

Okay, we get it Damo. You don't want a president who supports unneccessary wars in foreign lands. That's why, in November 2008, you'll be pulling the lever for John McCain. :rolleyes:

:pke:

Now, stop hijacking! :)
It is not hijacking to speak on the original subject. I'm sorry that you don't like some things that a "President like Kennedy" might do as well.

I prefer a President who wouldn't start us on a Keynesian Path to Hell, or continue us on one. You presume that come November I'll be pulling a lever for McCain.... However I have expressed no support for him. But I presume you'll be pulling one for somebody who most certainly supports that idiotic "War Powers Act" and will continue Keynesian Hell.

Back