Chambliss blocks regulatory pick over animal lawsuits

meme

WTF..is the Obama on drugs again..not only another CZAR, but a fricken loony tooner...

-----------------------------------------

By Alexander Bolton
Posted: 06/28/09 07:57 PM [ET]
Sen. Saxby Chambliss (R-Ga.) has blocked President Obama’s candidate for regulation czar, Harvard law professor Cass Sunstein, because Sunstein has argued that animals should have the right to sue humans in court.

Obama has picked Sunstein, his adviser and longtime friend, to head the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, an office that has power to review and assess all draft regulations proposed within the administration.

But Chambliss worries that Sunstein’s innovative legal views may someday lead to a farmer having to defend himself in court against a lawsuit filed on behalf of his chickens or pigs.

Chambliss told The Hill that he has blocked Sunstein’s nomination because the law professor “has said that animals ought to have the right to sue folks.”

Indeed, in his 2004 book, Animal Rights: Current Debates and New Directions, Sunstein wrote: “I will suggest that animals should be permitted to bring suit, with human beings as their representatives, to prevent violations of current law.”

More specifically, he wrote: “Laws designed to protect animals against cruelty and abuse should be amended or interpreted to give a private cause of action against those who violate them, so as to allow private people to supplement the efforts of public prosecutors.”

Chambliss said he is also concerned about Sunstein’s potential impact on “a number of other issues relative to agriculture.”

A White House spokesman did not respond to a request for comment.

read the whole thing here..
http://thehill.com/leading-the-news...-nominee-over-animal-lawsuits-2009-06-28.html

WTF..is the Obama on drugs again..not only another CZAR, but a fricken loony tooner...

-----------------------------------------

By Alexander Bolton
Posted: 06/28/09 07:57 PM [ET]
Sen. Saxby Chambliss (R-Ga.) has blocked President Obama’s candidate for regulation czar, Harvard law professor Cass Sunstein, because Sunstein has argued that animals should have the right to sue humans in court.

Obama has picked Sunstein, his adviser and longtime friend, to head the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, an office that has power to review and assess all draft regulations proposed within the administration.

But Chambliss worries that Sunstein’s innovative legal views may someday lead to a farmer having to defend himself in court against a lawsuit filed on behalf of his chickens or pigs.

Chambliss told The Hill that he has blocked Sunstein’s nomination because the law professor “has said that animals ought to have the right to sue folks.”

Indeed, in his 2004 book, Animal Rights: Current Debates and New Directions, Sunstein wrote: “I will suggest that animals should be permitted to bring suit, with human beings as their representatives, to prevent violations of current law.”

More specifically, he wrote: “Laws designed to protect animals against cruelty and abuse should be amended or interpreted to give a private cause of action against those who violate them, so as to allow private people to supplement the efforts of public prosecutors.”

Chambliss said he is also concerned about Sunstein’s potential impact on “a number of other issues relative to agriculture.”

A White House spokesman did not respond to a request for comment.

read the whole thing here..
http://thehill.com/leading-the-news...-nominee-over-animal-lawsuits-2009-06-28.html

The office has been around since 1980. That would be the raygun era. Under bush, the "czarina" was Susan Dudley.

As usual, radical righties misinterpreted the man's comments.

"But we think LaPierre has twisted Sunstein's words. Sunstein wasn't saying you — the meat eater — could be sued by Porky Pig for eating bacon. But he was saying that if the pig that winds up on your breakfast plate was raised or killed in a way that violates existing animal cruelty laws, then someone ought to be able to sue the processor on the pig's behalf. That's all, folks."

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2009/may/05/wayne-lapierre/sunstein-has-said-people-ought-be-able-sue-behalf-/

Distortion and fear are the "rights" toolz of the trade.

LOL... you say this after you started a thread distorting the truth about Reagan's tax cuts? You are a fool citizen. No wonder you post under so many names.

LOL... you say this after you started a thread distorting the truth about Reagan's tax cuts? You are a fool citizen. No wonder you post under so many names.

I was posting about Reagan signing into law large tax increases. That is a fact jack.
Call it an educational thread for those that were unaware and had only heard the myth.

you told me THREE usernames....this makes 4

man you can't even count. This is one of the three.
Which ones do you think I am?
If Demwit is not one of the three you are wrong.

I don't think I told you which ones either. But there are only 3.
Counting uscitizen.

Why does someone need more than one name??

I had to laugh at this one though...at first glance I thought it said......DIMWIT...and thought, how fitting...:cof1:

I actually started that one years ago in response to Dicksee talking about dimwits when referring to dems.

but for someone who talked of another Obama Czar when it was a Reagan era position.....
Now that is a dimwit.

I actually started that one years ago in response to Dicksee talking about dimwits when referring to dems.

but for someone who talked of another Obama Czar when it was a Reagan era position.....
Now that is a dimwit.

the whole point of the thread was about the loony tooner that he appointed..but of course you Obamabots spun this thread into something else again..gotta cover your Dear Leaders ass..

so now who is the DIMWIT..

The office has been around since 1980. That would be the raygun era. Under bush, the "czarina" was Susan Dudley.

"But we think LaPierre has twisted Sunstein's words. Sunstein wasn't saying you — the meat eater — could be sued by Porky Pig for eating bacon. But he was saying that if the pig that winds up on your breakfast plate was raised or killed in a way that violates existing animal cruelty laws, then someone ought to be able to sue the processor on the pig's behalf. That's all, folks."

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2009/may/05/wayne-lapierre/sunstein-has-said-people-ought-be-able-sue-behalf-/

that was sum spinning....are you dizzy?

the whole point of the thread was about the loony tooner that he appointed..but of course you Obamabots spun this thread into something else again..gotta cover your Dear Leaders ass..

so now who is the DIMWIT..

Still you sweetie pie, still you.
*shrug*

Uh, 1980 was Carter time. Raygun didn't take office until '81. And Carter was notorious for creating new departments, such as Energy and Education.

man you can't even count. This is one of the three.
Which ones do you think I am?
If Demwit is not one of the three you are wrong.

I don't think I told you which ones either. But there are only 3.
Counting uscitizen.

usshitizen.... are you saying that is not you?

hey it was posted by mini-meme so I'd say, YEAH, the man's words have been misinterpreted.

Naturally he was referring to places like tht slaughterhouse that got caught on camera using a forklift to get sick and diseased cows into the factory, being sued for animal cruelty, but to expect mini-meme to speak honestly about that point? Fergit it...

Naturally he was referring to places like tht slaughterhouse that got caught on camera using a forklift to get sick and diseased cows into the factory, being sued for animal cruelty

this is what he said in his book...
ndeed, in his 2004 book, Animal Rights: Current Debates and New Directions, Sunstein wrote: “I will suggest that animals should be permitted to bring suit, with human beings as their representatives, to prevent violations of current law.”

and we are suppose to take your alls word on this, when christafan posted the wrong info on who started Czars...
if that is what he meant, than prove it...and not with some unknown website like politifact, that is probably just as bad as mediamatters you all are so fond of......I want to see where HE explains just what he meant....I'll wait..

Last edited:
Back