Charoite's mineral collecting chat.

African Bloodstone sphere 50mm.

s-l1600.jpg

I've been a rock collector since I was in maybe the 5th grade. I'm a Michigander and had an eagle eye for the state stone, the Petoskey Stone. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petoskey_stone Mom still has a jar of the ones I picked up. I don't have access to search mines, etc, so I end up bidding on specimens online.

Have you ever traveled to the Southwest? Petrified Forest, Rockies, Grand Canyon? Not a hobbiest like you but I've picked up a few things. Lots of fossils in several places near me in north Texas. Except for a chunk of iron meteorite, most of my rock odds and ends are outside in a rock garden.

Have you ever traveled to the Southwest? Petrified Forest, Rockies, Grand Canyon? Not a hobbiest like you but I've picked up a few things. Lots of fossils in several places near me in north Texas. Except for a chunk of iron meteorite, most of my rock odds and ends are outside in a rock garden.

I've been all over the west and it's parks. South portion in 2009 and North/Canada in 2018. I talked Mom into 2018 because I was worried we wouldn't be able to down the road. I didn't mention to her that I thought that because I was worried Trump would screw something up.

Back