Chelsea Clinton 'to marry at Martha's Vineyard'

RockX

Banned
Speculation is rife in the US that Miss Clinton, 29, and her investment banker fiancee Marc Mezvinsky, 31, are to marry at a service on the exclusive east coast island that will coincide with the arrival of US President Barack Obama and his family for their summer vacation.

The daughter of the US secretary of state, Hillary Clinton, and the former US president, Bill Clinton, is said to be planning the wedding on the estate owned by the actors Ted Danson and Mary Steenburgen, near where the Obamas are staying. Oprah Winfrey as well as other former US presidents are also rumoured to be among the wedding guests.

Mrs Clinton and US state department officials have denied the rumours but the Washington Post said that all involved had been ordered to keep quiet about the details of the wedding, which could be held as early as Sunday.

Locals on the island have claimed that the number of Secret Service agents has increased dramatically in the last few days, but that comes as little surprise given that Mr Obama, his wife Michelle and their daughters Sasha and Malia are due to arrive on Sunday to begin a 10-day vacation.

A little history on Chelsea's Father-In-Law To Be.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/2006/12/father_of_chels.html
Father of Chelsea’s Boyfriend in Prison for Fraud, Scams

December 08, 2006

Brian Ross and Joseph Rhee Report:

If reports are true that Chelsea Clinton and her boyfriend Marc Mezvinsky are considering marriage, the father of the groom won’t be able to attend the wedding until he is released from prison in November 2008.

Ed Mezvinsky, a former Democratic Congressman from Iowa, is serving a seven-year sentence for fraud after getting caught up in a series of Nigerian e-mail scams.

Initially, Mezvinsky became the victim of "just about every different kind of African-based scam we’ve ever seen," federal prosecutor Bob Zauzmer told 20/20 for a report to be broadcast this evening.

But then, says Zauzmer, Mezvinsky began to steal from clients and even his own mother-in-law to raise the money to try yet another scheme.

"He was always looking for the home run. He was always trying to find the business deal that would make him as wealthy as all the people in his social circle," said Zauzmer.

After leaving Congress, Mezvinsky moved to Philadelphia’s Main Line suburbs with his wife Marjorie Margolies, a former television reporter, who won a seat in Congress herself.

"They were seen as people of means; they were a legitimate power couple," said Gar Joseph, a political columnist for the Philadelphia Daily News.

The Mezvinkskys were also close to Bill and Hillary Clinton and were frequent guests at White House state dinners.

Prosecutors say Mezvinsky used his connections to the Clintons and his son’s social relationship with Chelsea to persuade people to give him money to participate in the scams.

Mezvinsky traveled to Nigeria numerous times and ultimately lost more than $3 million as a victim of the scammers.

Prosecutors say Mezvinsky fell particularly hard for what is known as the "black money" scam. Victims are told millions of dollars have been coated with black ink so the money could be smuggled out of Nigeria.

The scammers then offer to sell a special, expensive chemical to remove the black ink so the currency can be used.

Prosecutors say Mezvinsky fell for at least three separate "black money" schemes that he thought would bring him millions.

Mezvinsky declined requests sent to him in prison to speak with ABC News and also instructed his lawyer not to speak with ABC News. His wife, Marjorie Margolies, declined to comment "in the interest of the children."

LOL

Nothing like marring into a family of crooks, cheats and liars.
How fucking retarded do you have to be to get swindled from those scams in Nigeria.

maybe the Shrill and Billy Bob will give them the white house sliver they took when they left for a wedding gift...:cof1:

Yeah politicians kids can be that way. I hear the bastard palin childs grand momma just copped a plea on selling Oxycotin.

And I only used bastard for clarity.
The poor little child had no control over how it's parents or grandparents acted.

But who cares.

Yeah politicians kids can be that way. I hear the bastard palin childs grand momma just copped a plea on selling Oxycotin.

And I only used bastard for clarity.
The poor little child had no control over how it's parents or grandparents acted.

But who cares.

you are so cute when you're upset..Not.

I love it. Within 2 week of Obama's inauguration, any mention of Bush in a thread would be immediately met w/ some rightie here screaming, "Bush isn't President anymore!!!"

Yet here we are, almost a decade after Bill left office, and they're still obsessed with the Clintons - even the kids...

poor Chelsea inserted her self into the political arena so of course we all shouldn't make any comments about her, she is after all a Progressives daughter..:rolleyes:

Her Mother is suppose to be secretary of state, she did come out into the public's eye to campaign for her Mom, and furthermore her getting married why is there anything wrong with reporting that, the real question ought to be didn't the Obama family just get back from vacation? And yet they are heading out again, Did we forget about what a Jackass GW was cause he went to his compound in TX all the time? HMMM guess this is ok though

LOL

Look how defensive the righties are.

All I said was that you are still obsessed with the Clintons. And you are.

LOL

and look how you all are still obsessed with the Bush's or the Palins...we laugh at you all too.

Last edited:
LOL

Didn't mean to be defensive, sorry if it came off that way, just thought you may want to know why I thought it was a news story, As far as being obsessed with the Clintons personally I was smart enough just forget them when slick Willie left office, but then his beast of a wife decided to jump in

This doesn't even reflect on Chelsea's husband, much less Chelsea, much less her parents, and even less Obama.

While it is indeed newsworthy that anyone might fall for a Nigerian-get-rich-quick scheme nine times, this has nothing to do with the Clintons and would be better suited to Page Six.

I never knew Webbyway had such an interest in gossip columns.

I love it. Within 2 week of Obama's inauguration, any mention of Bush in a thread would be immediately met w/ some rightie here screaming, "Bush isn't President anymore!!!"

Yet here we are, almost a decade after Bill left office, and they're still obsessed with the Clintons - even the kids...

false analogy and mrs. clinton is secstate :pke:

though why this story is relevent i don't know...i surmise only for the humor

Speculation is rife in the US that Miss Clinton, 29, and her investment banker fiancee Marc Mezvinsky, 31, are to marry at a service on the exclusive east coast island that will coincide with the arrival of US President Barack Obama and his family for their summer vacation.

The daughter of the US secretary of state, Hillary Clinton, and the former US president, Bill Clinton, is said to be planning the wedding on the estate owned by the actors Ted Danson and Mary Steenburgen, near where the Obamas are staying. Oprah Winfrey as well as other former US presidents are also rumoured to be among the wedding guests.

Mrs Clinton and US state department officials have denied the rumours but the Washington Post said that all involved had been ordered to keep quiet about the details of the wedding, which could be held as early as Sunday.

Locals on the island have claimed that the number of Secret Service agents has increased dramatically in the last few days, but that comes as little surprise given that Mr Obama, his wife Michelle and their daughters Sasha and Malia are due to arrive on Sunday to begin a 10-day vacation.

A little history on Chelsea's Father-In-Law To Be.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/2006/12/father_of_chels.html
Father of Chelsea’s Boyfriend in Prison for Fraud, Scams

December 08, 2006

Brian Ross and Joseph Rhee Report:

If reports are true that Chelsea Clinton and her boyfriend Marc Mezvinsky are considering marriage, the father of the groom won’t be able to attend the wedding until he is released from prison in November 2008.

Ed Mezvinsky, a former Democratic Congressman from Iowa, is serving a seven-year sentence for fraud after getting caught up in a series of Nigerian e-mail scams.

Initially, Mezvinsky became the victim of "just about every different kind of African-based scam we’ve ever seen," federal prosecutor Bob Zauzmer told 20/20 for a report to be broadcast this evening.

But then, says Zauzmer, Mezvinsky began to steal from clients and even his own mother-in-law to raise the money to try yet another scheme.

"He was always looking for the home run. He was always trying to find the business deal that would make him as wealthy as all the people in his social circle," said Zauzmer.

After leaving Congress, Mezvinsky moved to Philadelphia’s Main Line suburbs with his wife Marjorie Margolies, a former television reporter, who won a seat in Congress herself.

"They were seen as people of means; they were a legitimate power couple," said Gar Joseph, a political columnist for the Philadelphia Daily News.

The Mezvinkskys were also close to Bill and Hillary Clinton and were frequent guests at White House state dinners.

Prosecutors say Mezvinsky used his connections to the Clintons and his son’s social relationship with Chelsea to persuade people to give him money to participate in the scams.

Mezvinsky traveled to Nigeria numerous times and ultimately lost more than $3 million as a victim of the scammers.

Prosecutors say Mezvinsky fell particularly hard for what is known as the "black money" scam. Victims are told millions of dollars have been coated with black ink so the money could be smuggled out of Nigeria.

The scammers then offer to sell a special, expensive chemical to remove the black ink so the currency can be used.

Prosecutors say Mezvinsky fell for at least three separate "black money" schemes that he thought would bring him millions.

Mezvinsky declined requests sent to him in prison to speak with ABC News and also instructed his lawyer not to speak with ABC News. His wife, Marjorie Margolies, declined to comment "in the interest of the children."

LOL

Nothing like marring into a family of crooks, cheats and liars.
How fucking retarded do you have to be to get swindled from those scams in Nigeria.
Are you Jewish, the sins of the father should be visited upon the children?

Looks to me like these two will find a lot of solace in each other because of who their fathers happen to be!

maybe the Shrill and Billy Bob will give them the white house sliver they took when they left for a wedding gift...:cof1:

Repeating lies, that there is my job, yuck yuck, says our little meme!

Shrill Bill who negotiated the release of the two reporters? that Shrill Bill?

poor Chelsea inserted her self into the political arena so of course we all shouldn't make any comments about her, she is after all a Progressives daughter..:rolleyes:

How so? I haven't seen her enter politics. Did she do interviews like the Palin clan?

LOL

It's a perfect analogy. And stop following me around.

bad analogy....one is blaming bush for things obama is responsible for....the other is still talking about a past politicians dishonesty....you know, like everyone talks about FDR, reagan, nixon....etc....no one says you can't do that....only stop blaming bush all the time and take some responsibility....

and following....oh lord....here we go again...i guess it is just a matter of time now before you have a melt down like you did last time

How so? I haven't seen her enter politics. Did she do interviews like the Palin clan?
Well, I guess she did campaign for her mother, since I didn't follow Hilary's campaign, I missed it, my apologies to the little lady, meme!

I also found this about her! quite impressive!

Chelsea is currently studying Health Policy and Management at Columbia University's Mailman School of Public Health. At Stanford University, where Chelsea did her undergraduate studies, she had declared a major in chemistry with an interest in medicine before switching to history after two years.[10] The 2004 film Chasing Liberty was said to be inspired by a photograph of Clinton at a Stanford basketball game, trying to blend in with other students.[11] In 2001, she graduated from Stanford; her undergraduate thesis topic was the 1998 Belfast Agreement in Northern Ireland.[12] She went on to earn a Master's degree at University College, Oxford, in international relations.[10][not in citation given]

Like father, like daughter!

bad analogy....one is blaming bush for things obama is responsible for....the other is still talking about a past politicians dishonesty....you know, like everyone talks about FDR, reagan, nixon....etc....no one says you can't do that....only stop blaming bush all the time and take some responsibility....

and following....oh lord....here we go again...i guess it is just a matter of time now before you have a melt down like you did last time

This thread isn't about a past politician's dishonesty.

It's about Chelsea Clinton.

Back