Chicago, Obama, Politics

I could go either way with Obama and McCain.

Currently I'm inclined to go toward neither of them and vote Libertarian unless one strikes me as particularly better or worse than the other.

Can you give some examples of someone "running the country" who is "drooling" and says "stupid things all the time"?

Ummm.... Hello, have you perchance had an opportunity to check out the current occupant of the Oval Office? 'nuff said.

Let me get this straight .. your point is that Obama must be somehow suspect because he's from Chicago?

Yes. Look! He's from Chicago! They have had some corrupt politicians!

Not only should he be tainted by what his pastor said, but also taint him with the entire state of Illinois.

Yes.

That's your point?

Yes.

Thank you for playing another exciting round of simple answers to simple questions.

Let me get this straight .. your point is that Obama must be somehow suspect because he's from Chicago?

Not only should he be tainted by what his pastor said, but also taint him with the entire state of Illinois.

That's your point?

I'll tell you what's legit. Those who have followed politics know Chicago has a long history of corrupt politics. You can look at the 1960 election for example many know the phrase 'vote early vote often' comes from Chicago. Now that is not to implicate Obama because he's from there. But as one who speaks about change and doing politics different and being post-partisan etc. one can reasonably wonder how Obama dealt with Chicago's rough and tough politics.

Especially since he has been on the national scene for such a short time looking back at his time in Illinois is proper due diligence. And I'm not trying to say this as in only looking for negatives. One can do that search and possibly find examples of excellent leadership Obama showed while he was there that can solidfy in their mind why they want to vote for him.

They call politics in San Francisco a blood sport. I'm not sure what the technical term is for Chicago but they even take it to another level.

I'll tell you what's legit. Those who have followed politics know Chicago has a long history of corrupt politics. You can look at the 1960 election for example many know the phrase 'vote early vote often' comes from Chicago. Now that is not to implicate Obama because he's from there. But as one who speaks about change and doing politics different and being post-partisan etc. one can reasonably wonder how Obama dealt with Chicago's rough and tough politics.

Especially since he has been on the national scene for such a short time looking back at his time in Illinois is proper due diligence. And I'm not trying to say this as in only looking for negatives. One can do that search and possibly find examples of excellent leadership Obama showed while he was there that can solidfy in their mind why they want to vote for him.

They call politics in San Francisco a blood sport. I'm not sure what the technical term is for Chicago but they even take it to another level.
On point. The issue of the article is one, no matter how well meaning, can rise in Chicago, nay, Illinois politics without corruption rubbing off. The fact that the Chicago papers are for the most part, trying to leave Obama clean, doesn't mean they don't know where the skeletons lie.

Good points and I'd have no problem with an objective look at how he dealt with politics at every level.

I've already researched how he dealt with politics in Chicago and that's part of why I support him.

Back