Chickenhawk Wayne

WWII veterans did nothing to ensure your freedom, either. Really, no war since the war of 1812 (or the Civil War, in a sense) had anything to do with protecting American freedom.

It just doesn't matter. Once you take the ground, it is your problem. You either clean it up, or leave it for the next President. Yes, Bush is leaving a mess for the next President to clean up. Hopefully the next President will finish the job in a way that still honors our troops, and leaves a stable Iraq behind. My crystal ball is kind of merky, so I'll have to wait and see what happens.

And what is bush's current stand of the Kosovo thing vs when he was running ?

WWII veterans did nothing to ensure your freedom, either. Really, no war since the war of 1812 (or the Civil War, in a sense) had anything to do with protecting American freedom.

Well, since Japan did bomb us, and Germany did declare war on us, I feel that is debatable, however…if we had really wanted to stay out, none of those things might have happened, so there’s an argument there.

Regardless, I feel that most who go do believe that they are protecting our freedom, and I wish I could go along with it to make them feel good. But that comes at the price of perpetuating the war mythology this country is enthralled to. And I can’t do that.

Hitler had no intention of conquering the planet, and making such childish claims not only makes him a mustache-twirling villian characticture that obscures the rhetoric and situations that allowed him to gain power, it also shows the American arrogance in that America cannot envision Hitler as evil unless Hitler was intent on conquering America. Clearly he had to have an ultimate goal of conquering North America, because North America is the center of the universe.

I'm curious Darla, who do you blame for the thousands of teenagers that are killed or seriously wounded in alcohol and drug related automobile accidents every year? They truly die for nothing short of a "good time". To me, that is the greater tragedy.

You are not the only American that doesn't value the sacrifices of military men and women that sustain our "military machine", but I am glad that you are in the minority.

I conceed that America has grown tired of war, but most Americans do support our troops. Most troops do support the war. Most vets support the war and most retirees support the war. I've been over there as a soldier. My son will be there soon. I am honored that he serves.

I'm curious Darla, who do you blame for the thousands of teenagers that are killed or seriously wounded in alcohol and drug related automobile accidents every year? They truly die for nothing short of a "good time". To me, that is the greater tragedy.
They don't claim to be dying for anything, but that was a nice stretch.

You are not the only American that doesn't value the sacrifices of military men and women that sustain our "military machine", but I am glad that you are in the minority.
Maybe we value actual sacrifices. Instead I see more and more of my friends going overseas so that they can be universally reviled rather than praised.

I conceed that America has grown tired of war, but most Americans do support our troops.
I would be willing to guess that Darla supports our troops--- supports them by trying to bring them home. It isn't like she is sending out mass letters that say "YOU ARE DYING IN VAIN!". That would be rude. Instead she is trying to change the situation at home in order to do what she thinks is best for the troops. Which, by the way, is a hell of a lot better than buying a bumper sticker.

Most troops do support the war.
I bet, it keeps them in a job.
Most vets support the war and most retirees support the war.
You have some statistics to go along with that?

I've been over there as a soldier. My son will be there soon. I am honored that he serves.
We are all honored that he serves. I would just rather he served while doing something that mattered.

I conceed that America has grown tired of war, but most Americans do support our troops. Most troops do support the war. Most vets support the war and most retirees support the war. I've been over there as a soldier. My son will be there soon. I am honored that he serves.

Well, I hope he returns to you.

As far as drunk driving goes, I don’t see one tragedy as dwarfing another one you know? I don’t remember Americans yelling “what about the people killed by drunk drivers!” on 9/12, do you? Of course not. One thing has nothing to do with the other. There will always be deaths. But to say that that makes it alright to kill indiscriminately, is wrong of course.

As for supporting the troops, let me tell you, I fully support the legislation that John McCain, with full support of this white house, refuses to back, which would give our returning troops a real GI bill and send them to college. And I have called my own congressperson and Senator about that.

I do not support their continued deaths, maimings, and the death and maimings of Iraqis.

Darla, on this issue we clearly can only agree to disagree. Thank you for wishing for the safe return of my son. If you have friends serving, I hope that you can also have a happy homecoming with them.

Sure she does........!

They don't claim to be dying for anything, but that was a nice stretch.

Maybe we value actual sacrifices. Instead I see more and more of my friends going overseas so that they can be universally reviled rather than praised.

I would be willing to guess that Darla supports our troops--- supports them by trying to bring them home. It isn't like she is sending out mass letters that say "YOU ARE DYING IN VAIN!". That would be rude. Instead she is trying to change the situation at home in order to do what she thinks is best for the troops. Which, by the way, is a hell of a lot better than buying a bumper sticker.

I bet, it keeps them in a job.

You have some statistics to go along with that?

We are all honored that he serves. I would just rather he served while doing something that mattered.

:rolleyes: >>>> www.indybay.org/newsitems/2005/09/25/17702721.php?show_comments=1

More along the lines of disrespect!

Really.....................!

Protesting a (I do not use this word lightly) stupid war does not constitute disrespect. Disrespect is lying to the American people in order to push an unpopular agenda.

Disrespect is an imperial presidency.

I was being polite and posted softer pictures of this protest/disrespect...continue with this diatribe and I will post some real ugly...'Code Pink' protests!

I was being polite and posted softer pictures of this protest/disrespect...continue with this diatribe and I will post some real ugly...'Code Pink' protests!

Go ahead. In an ugly picture fight, I would dare to guess that images of war would trump protest signs. But maybe you have a different definition of "ugly" than I do.

Ungly pictures of the Iraq war seem strangely hard to find for most people. Unlike druing the vietnam war. Bush learned how to control the "liberal" media it seems.

Out of sight out of mind for most people.

Ungly pictures of the Iraq war seem strangely hard to find for most people. Unlike druing the vietnam war. Bush learned how to control the "liberal" media it seems.

Out of sight out of mind for most people.

Not if you know how to do a Google search they're not.

Your wish is my command!

Go ahead. In an ugly picture fight, I would dare to guess that images of war would trump protest signs. But maybe you have a different definition of "ugly" than I do.

Here is the real darla et al...regardless of the cutsey image she tries to snow you with...she has us cit on a leash like a little doggie going for a nice walk in the park! She hates me because she can't lead me around like a puppy!

Here you go:
www.blackfive.net/main/2005/08/update_code_pin.html

www.moveamericaforward.org/index.php/DailyFile/berkeley_report_protest_of_the_city_council
www.redding.com/news/2008/feb/15/vets-code-pink-square-off

I could post many more...but this should get you started in the right direction!

Here is the real darla et al...regardless of the cutsey image she tries to snow you with...she has us cit on a leash like a little doggie going for a nice walk in the park! She hates me because she can't lead me around like a puppy!

Here you go:
www.blackfive.net/main/2005/08/update_code_pin.html

www.moveamericaforward.org/index.php/DailyFile/berkeley_report_protest_of_the_city_council
www.redding.com/news/2008/feb/15/vets-code-pink-square-off

I could post many more...but this should get you started in the right direction!

You are right! How dare they use their first amendment rights!

Back