China’s economy ‘imploding’ as experts issue warning of chaos around the globe China'

th

Haw, haw..........................haw.

[h=1][/h][h=3]China's economy is in chaos after the property market plunged into crisis, leaving President Xi Jinping with tough choices to make.[/h]
https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1887451/china-economy-world-global-turbulence-xi-jinping

Western leaders grew up in societies that were trying to avoid the instability of the Great Depression and WWII. Xi grew up being told the chaos of the Cultural Revolution was great. What western leaders would see as existential problems, Xi sees as road bumps.

I think Xi is underestimating the danger he has put himself in, but I also think Xi disagrees with me.

As we have been told by the "experts" in broken record form for like a decade and a half....yet it never happens and they massively out produce America with high quality goods.

My grapevine has been talking about how the Party has reorganized the economy to remove investment in construction and reaim it towards industrial upgrades, in part to automate and thus get ready for their demographics problem. Another thing is that the Chinese have been doing so much high end manufacturing for so long that they now think that they know how to do it better than what they learned in the West....they now will do things that the West does not know how to do.

My grapevine has been talking about how the Party has reorganized the economy to remove investment in construction and reaim it towards industrial upgrades, in part to automate and thus get ready for their demographics problem. Another thing is that the Chinese have been doing so much high end manufacturing for so long that they now think that they know how to do it better than what they learned in the West....they now will do things that the West does not know how to do.

Middle class Chinese people spent their life savers to buy an apartment that was not finished yet. Now their investment is being "removed" and put towards other industries? This is very destructive to tens of millions of people.... But I doubt Xi cares.

China has been able to do a few amazing high tech things, but they are not beating America in any technology. America is beating them in some technology. China is beating America in some manufacturing, but even there it is far from universal.

Middle class Chinese people spent their life savers to buy an apartment that was not finished yet. Now their investment is being "removed" and put towards other industries? This is very destructive to tens of millions of people.... But I doubt Xi cares.

China has been able to do a few amazing high tech things, but they are not beating America in any technology. America is beating them in some technology. China is beating America in some manufacturing, but even there it is far from universal.

Death to the bourgeoise?

There is an argument to be made for draining China of everything they are willing to produce at a loss.

no there isn't.

the loss is only for the slaves in China, and all other workers around the world.

you used to say smart things occasionally, but now you're stuck on stupid.

and you cant fix stupid.

no there isn't.

the loss is only for the slaves in China, and all other workers around the world.

you used to say smart things occasionally, but now you're stuck on stupid.

and you cant fix stupid.

Economist are still debating all this. It obviously benefits the consumers of goods to get them cheaper. If the consumers are also manufacturers(so the Chinese goods are components to American goods) then the manufacturers benefit.

The argument against it being a net good is that there is a barrier to entry. If Chinese goods drive out of business American manufacturers, then it is difficult for the American manufacturers to get back in when Chinese goods go back up in price.

This ends up being an interesting argument against any form of pure capitalism.

I, like most people, emotionally default to setting up barriers. But I am looking at the sudden transition in manufacturing that is coming up, and wondering why preserve things we are going to be throwing away.

should the banks have been bailed out in 2008?

do you believe in 'too big to fail' doctrine?

I believe we should strive to either not have banks that are too big to fail, or have those banks that are too big to fail have enough capital they will never fail. I do not understand why anyone would disagree with those simple points, but for some reason they do.

If we could just move on from debating what we all should agree on, we could move on to the tough issues with how to implement the simple points we should all agree on. The devil is in the detail here, and we will be endlessly debating the details and implementation... if we can just start debating them.

As for what was done in 2008, most of it was necessary to save America. What we did in 2020 is not as looked at, but in many ways was far crazier. I am more interested in what we did to get into the holes, not the desperate actions we did to get out of the holes.

Economist are still debating all this. It obviously benefits the consumers of goods to get them cheaper. If the consumers are also manufacturers(so the Chinese goods are components to American goods) then the manufacturers benefit.

The argument against it being a net good is that there is a barrier to entry. If Chinese goods drive out of business American manufacturers, then it is difficult for the American manufacturers to get back in when Chinese goods go back up in price.

This ends up being an interesting argument against any form of pure capitalism.

I, like most people, emotionally default to setting up barriers. But I am looking at the sudden transition in manufacturing that is coming up, and wondering why preserve things we are going to be throwing away.

but it doesn't benefit anyone but the most rich and detached to send all the jobs away.

self reliance is important, and is actually a national security concern.

professional economists are liars and you're a fucking idiot.

:truestory:

Last edited:
I believe we should strive to either not have banks that are too big to fail, or have those banks that are too big to fail have enough capital they will never fail. I do not understand why anyone would disagree with those simple points, but for some reason they do.

If we could just move on from debating what we all should agree on, we could move on to the tough issues with how to implement the simple points we should all agree on. The devil is in the detail here, and we will be endlessly debating the details and implementation... if we can just start debating them.

As for what was done in 2008, most of it was necessary to save America. What we did in 2020 is not as looked at, but in many ways was far crazier. I am more interested in what we did to get into the holes, not the desperate actions we did to get out of the holes.

so you failed to learn the relevant lesson... like usual.

we got into the mess because of Keynesian fake money fascism and how corrupting it is.

Share Feedback

Mussolini on Keynes's economics - Stephen Hicks, Ph.D.
https://www.stephenhicks.org › 2015 › 07 › 12 › mussolini-on-keyness-economics
Mussolini on Keynes's economics. The fascist Benito Mussolini had high praise for the economic theories of John Maynard Keynes: "Fascism entirely agrees with Mr. Maynard Keynes, despite the latter's prominent position as a Liberal. In fact, Mr. Keynes' excellent

Last edited:
Back