China’s economy ‘imploding’ as experts issue warning of chaos around the globe China'

Western leaders grew up in societies that were trying to avoid the instability of the Great Depression and WWII. Xi grew up being told the chaos of the Cultural Revolution was great. What western leaders would see as existential problems, Xi sees as road bumps.

I think Xi is underestimating the danger he has put himself in, but I also think Xi disagrees with me.

Apparently not, since there have been two depressions, both caused by Democrats, since 2008, and the federal government is broke, due to overwhelming debt.
Europe is economically is basket case...caused by tyrannic leaders.

Russia is involved in a war that it is having a heavy cost, so it's economy is facing many shortages.

What Xi did he did to himself. He has only himself to blame for his financial problems.

Economist are still debating all this. It obviously benefits the consumers of goods to get them cheaper. If the consumers are also manufacturers(so the Chinese goods are components to American goods) then the manufacturers benefit.

The argument against it being a net good is that there is a barrier to entry. If Chinese goods drive out of business American manufacturers, then it is difficult for the American manufacturers to get back in when Chinese goods go back up in price.

This ends up being an interesting argument against any form of pure capitalism.

I, like most people, emotionally default to setting up barriers. But I am looking at the sudden transition in manufacturing that is coming up, and wondering why preserve things we are going to be throwing away.

There is no such thing as 'impure capitalism'. Capitalism is an economic system. It is the voluntary production of goods and services for voluntary sale at the agreed upon price.
Fascism is not capitalism. Redefinition fallacy.
Communism is not capitalism. Redefinition fallacy.

Economist are still debating all this. It obviously benefits the consumers of goods to get them cheaper. If the consumers are also manufacturers(so the Chinese goods are components to American goods) then the manufacturers benefit.

The argument against it being a net good is that there is a barrier to entry. If Chinese goods drive out of business American manufacturers, then it is difficult for the American manufacturers to get back in when Chinese goods go back up in price.

This ends up being an interesting argument against any form of pure capitalism.

I, like most people, emotionally default to setting up barriers. But I am looking at the sudden transition in manufacturing that is coming up, and wondering why preserve things we are going to be throwing away.

who's throwing away manufacturing?

wtf are you talking about?

do you think you sound smart?

Last edited:
Back