Chris Hedges: Israel’s Final Solution for the Palestinians | Scheerpost

Scott

Verified User
An article from an author I've come to admire over the years. Constructive feedback welcome. Quoting the introduction of the article below:

November 5, 2023

When Jewish extremists, fanatic Zionists, religious zealots, ultranationalists and crypto-fascists in the apartheid state of Israel say they want to wipe Gaza off the face of the earth, believe them.

I covered the birth of Jewish fascism in Israel. I reported on the extremist Meir Kahane, who was barred from running for office and whose Kach Party was outlawed in 1994 and declared a terrorist organization by Israel and the United States. I attended political rallies held by Benjamin Netanyahu, who received lavish funding from rightwing Americans, when he ran against Yitzhak Rabin, who was negotiating a peace settlement with the Palestinians. Netanyahu’s supporters chanted “Death to Rabin.” They burned an effigy of Rabin dressed in a Nazi uniform. Netanyahu marched in front of a mock funeral for Rabin.

Prime Minister Rabin was assassinated on Nov. 4, 1995 by a Jewish fanatic. Rabin’s widow, Lehea, blamed Netanyahu and his supporters for her husband’s murder.

Netanyahu, who first became prime minister in 1996, has spent his political career nurturing Jewish extremists, including Avigdor Lieberman, Gideon Sa’ar, Naftali Bennett, and Ayelet Shaked. His father, Benzion — who worked as an assistant to the Zionist pioneer Vladimir Jabotinsky, who Benito Mussolini referred to as “a good fascist” — was a leader in the Herut Party that called on the Jewish state to seize all the land of historic Palestine. Many of those who formed the Herut Party carried out terrorist attacks during the 1948 war that established the state of Israel. Albert Einstein, Hannah Arendt, Sidney Hook and other Jewish intellectuals, described the Herut Party in a statement published in The New York Times as a “political party closely akin in its organization, methods, political philosophy and social appeal to Nazi and Fascist parties.”

There has always been a strain of Jewish fascism within the Zionist project. Now it has taken control of the Israeli state.

“The left is no longer capable of overcoming the toxic ultra-nationalism that has evolved here,” Zeev Sternhell, a Holocaust survivor and Israel’s foremost authority on fascism, warned in 2018, “the kind whose European strain almost wiped out a majority of the Jewish people.” Sternhell added, “[W]e see not just a growing Israeli fascism but racism akin to Nazism in its early stages.”

Full article:

An article from an author I've come to admire over the years. Constructive feedback welcome. Quoting the introduction of the article below:

November 5, 2023

When Jewish extremists, fanatic Zionists, religious zealots, ultranationalists and crypto-fascists in the apartheid state of Israel say they want to wipe Gaza off the face of the earth, believe them.

I covered the birth of Jewish fascism in Israel. I reported on the extremist Meir Kahane, who was barred from running for office and whose Kach Party was outlawed in 1994 and declared a terrorist organization by Israel and the United States. I attended political rallies held by Benjamin Netanyahu, who received lavish funding from rightwing Americans, when he ran against Yitzhak Rabin, who was negotiating a peace settlement with the Palestinians. Netanyahu’s supporters chanted “Death to Rabin.” They burned an effigy of Rabin dressed in a Nazi uniform. Netanyahu marched in front of a mock funeral for Rabin.

Prime Minister Rabin was assassinated on Nov. 4, 1995 by a Jewish fanatic. Rabin’s widow, Lehea, blamed Netanyahu and his supporters for her husband’s murder.

Netanyahu, who first became prime minister in 1996, has spent his political career nurturing Jewish extremists, including Avigdor Lieberman, Gideon Sa’ar, Naftali Bennett, and Ayelet Shaked. His father, Benzion — who worked as an assistant to the Zionist pioneer Vladimir Jabotinsky, who Benito Mussolini referred to as “a good fascist” — was a leader in the Herut Party that called on the Jewish state to seize all the land of historic Palestine. Many of those who formed the Herut Party carried out terrorist attacks during the 1948 war that established the state of Israel. Albert Einstein, Hannah Arendt, Sidney Hook and other Jewish intellectuals, described the Herut Party in a statement published in The New York Times as a “political party closely akin in its organization, methods, political philosophy and social appeal to Nazi and Fascist parties.”

There has always been a strain of Jewish fascism within the Zionist project. Now it has taken control of the Israeli state.

“The left is no longer capable of overcoming the toxic ultra-nationalism that has evolved here,” Zeev Sternhell, a Holocaust survivor and Israel’s foremost authority on fascism, warned in 2018, “the kind whose European strain almost wiped out a majority of the Jewish people.” Sternhell added, “[W]e see not just a growing Israeli fascism but racism akin to Nazism in its early stages.”

Full article:

How many Palestinians live in Israel? How many Arabs are there in the Israeli government? How many Jews in Hamas?

how many israelis are fake jews from europe with blue eyes?

No idea but I do know that as of 2023 over 2 million arabs live in Israel and 10 arabs presently sit on the Knesset. I suspect it's not quite so amicable in the other direction

is there a palestinian legislature of some kind?

Well Hamas has been the "ruling" authority of Gaza since 2005. Have they worked with Israel to try and make life better for the average Palestinians? It doesnt appear to be the case.

ends

Israelis who cheer on the Palestinian nightmare will soon endure a nightmare of their own.

An interesting conclusion. I hadn't actually read to the end of the article, so I read the text preceding it to get the context. Apparently, Chris is referring to what appears to be a resurrection of Israel's Hannibal directive. I'll quote the relevant portion for those who'd like to get the gist of it all:

“Several new testimonies by Israeli witnesses to the October 7 Hamas surprise attack on southern Israel adds to growing evidence that the Israeli military killed its own citizens as they fought to neutralize Palestinian gunmen,” Max Blumenthal writes in The Grayzone.

Tuval Escapa, a member of the security team for Kibbutz Be’eri, Blumenthal notes, set up a hotline to coordinate between kibbutz residents and the Israeli army.

Escapa told the Israeli newspaper Haaretz that as desperation began to set in, “the commanders in the field made difficult decisions – including shelling houses on their occupants in order to eliminate the terrorists along with the hostages.”

The newspaper reported that Israeli commanders were “compelled to request an aerial strike” against its own facility inside the Erez Crossing to Gaza “in order to repulse the terrorists” who had seized control. That base housed Israeli Civil Administration officers and soldiers.

Israel, in 1986, instituted a military policy called the Hannibal Directive, apparently named for the Carthaginian general who poisoned himself rather than be captured by the Romans, following the capture of two Israeli soldiers by Hezbollah. The directive is designed to prevent Israeli troops from falling into enemy hands through the maximum use of force, even at the cost of killing the captured soldiers and civilians.

The directive was executed during the 2014 Israeli assault on Gaza known as Operation Protective Edge. Hamas fighters on Aug. 1, 2014 captured an Israeli officer, Lt. Hadar Goldin. In response, Israel dropped more than 2,000 bombs, missiles and shells on the area where he was being held. Goldin was killed along with over 100 Palestinian civilians. The directive was supposedly rescinded in 2016.

Gaza is the start. The West Bank is next.

Israelis who cheer on the Palestinian nightmare will soon endure a nightmare of their own.

Full article:

How many Palestinians live in Israel? How many Arabs are there in the Israeli government? How many Jews in Hamas?

I don't know the answer to your first question. Even Chat GPT doesn't seem to know. Here's what it said when I asked it:
As of my last knowledge update in January 2022, it's estimated that there were approximately 1.9 million Arab citizens of Israel, which includes both Muslim and Christian Palestinians, among other groups.

I see you've answered the second one (for anyone reading this, it's 10 out of 120 members as of January 2022). As to your last, Chat GPT informs me that it's highly unlikely that there are any. Based on what you said in a subsequent post, my guess is that you're trying to suggest that Israel is more tolerant of Islam than Hamas is of Judaism. Is that the point you're trying to make?

Last edited:
I don't know the answers to your questions. Do you? And why are you asking these questions?

Yes I do know the answers. Maybe it would help you think more clearly if you knew the answers. I'm asking them becomes they show which party of this conflict is more reasonable and willing to work with people with who they disagree. It's used to be called tolerance but leftists like to rape the meaning of words up the ass.

How many Americans are fake Christians from Europe with Blue Eyes?

Judaism is a religion.

We all know about the Ashkenaz Jews.

they say its a race.

they say if your mother is jewish, you are jewish.

matrilineal they call it.

converts are not welcome.

you can be satisfied with being a noahide slave citizen.

its kind of like being palestinian.

I don't know the answer to your first question. I see you've answered the second one (for anyone reading this, it's 10 out of 120 members as of January 2022). As to your last, Chat GPT informs me that it's highly unlikely that there are any. Based on what you said in a subsequent post, my guess is that you're trying to suggest that Israel is more tolerant of Islam than Hamas is of Judaism. Is that the point you're trying to make?

That's the nice version. Heres what I meant to say Hamas is s lack of rabid dogs trying to bite decent people. What's the best course of action for dealing with rabid dogs who have no interest in anything but biting decent people?

they say its a race.

Adolf Hitler? Yes, but he's dead and a bit disgraced.

they say if your mother is jewish, you are jewish.

You may also convert.

matrilineal they call it.

converts are not welcome.

That is a blatant lie.

you can be satisfied with being a noahide slave citizen.

its kind of like being palestinian.

Moronic Antisemitism belongs on the left.

I take it you claim Dubya and DA JOOOOZZZZ were behind 9-11 too?

Adolf Hitler? Yes, but he's dead and a bit disgraced.

You may also convert.

That is a blatant lie.

Moronic Antisemitism belongs on the left.

I take it you claim Dubya and DA JOOOOZZZZ were behind 9-11 too?

you're very uneducated on judaism.

Why Is Jewishness Matrilineal? - Maternal Descent In Judaism
https://www.chabad.org › library › article_cdo › aid › 601092 › jewish › Why-Is-Jewishness-Matrilineal.htm
The Code of Jewish Law clearly states that a child of a Jewish mother is Jewish, regardless of the father's lineage (or whatever else may show up in a DNA test), while the child of a non-Jewish mother is not Jewish. 1 Matrilineal descent has been a fundamental principle of Torah since the Jewish people came into existence.

you're very uneducated on judaism.

Why Is Jewishness Matrilineal? - Maternal Descent In Judaism
https://www.chabad.org › library › article_cdo › aid › 601092 › jewish › Why-Is-Jewishness-Matrilineal.htm
The Code of Jewish Law clearly states that a child of a Jewish mother is Jewish, regardless of the father's lineage (or whatever else may show up in a DNA test), while the child of a non-Jewish mother is not Jewish. 1 Matrilineal descent has been a fundamental principle of Torah since the Jewish people came into existence.

You cannot test "Jewishness" with a DNA test.

No one disputes that a child born to a Jewish mother is considered Jewish by birth.

People can and do convert to Judaism.

How to Convert to Judaism - What to Expect at a Conversion - Chabad.org

You cannot test "Jewishness" with a DNA test.

chabad says otherwise.

is chabad two faced or something?
janus.jpg

chabad says otherwise.

is chabad two faced or something?

You are reading like a democrat.

regardless of the father's lineage (or whatever else may show up in a DNA test)

The father doesn't matter, if the mother is an observant Jew, the child is Jewish by birth.

Back