Christian History Has Been Corrected!

But...didn't Jesus have a case of the ass with the jews? I'm not a bible scholar but....
I really don't think there is any such thing as a Bible scholar. There are certainly Bible readers. I think any Bible reader can read what is in the Bible. Unless your definition of "scholar" is "reader" then I would have to assert that you can be a Bible scholar as well.

In my experience, the word "scholar" and is used exclusively to denote one who "reveres" the material of study e.g. one is an engineering student but another is a Q'ran scholar. In that sense, many Christians are Bible scholars because they revere the Bible. I am simply a Bible reader.

The answer to your question is that, according to the Bible, Jesus did not have a case of the ass with anyone except for the money lenders who turned the temple into a den of thieves. That's when He became one of the world's first action heroes and laid down the hurt in Rambo fashion. There were, however, many Jews who had a case of the ass with Jesus, e.g. Pharisees, Sadducees, Herodians, etc.

I really don't think there is any such thing as a Bible scholar. There are certainly Bible readers. I think any Bible reader can read what is in the Bible. Unless your definition of "scholar" is "reader" then I would have to assert that you can be a Bible scholar as well.

In my experience, the word "scholar" and is used exclusively to denote one who "reveres" the material of study e.g. one is an engineering student but another is a Q'ran scholar. In that sense, many Christians are Bible scholars because they revere the Bible. I am simply a Bible reader.

The answer to your question is that, according to the Bible, Jesus did not have a case of the ass with anyone except for the money lenders who turned the temple into a den of thieves. That's when He became one of the world's first action heroes and laid down the hurt in Rambo fashion. There were, however, many Jews who had a case of the ass with Jesus, e.g. Pharisees, Sadducees, Herodians, etc.

Once again...not a bible scholar but I don't think that's true.

I realize that politically you take sides with the Palestinians against Israel, so you are inclined to refer to what I wrote as not being "true" ... but can you find anything inaccurate about what I wrote?

We can certainly ask gfm7175 when he is present; he's my go-to authority on Christianity. In the meantime, you should avail yourself of the various Christians on JPP. Ask what they think.

I realize that politically you take sides with the Palestinians against Israel, so you are inclined to refer to what I wrote as not being "true" ... but can you find anything inaccurate about what I wrote?

We can certainly ask gfm7175 when he is present; he's my go-to authority on Christianity. In the meantime, you should avail yourself of the various Christians on JPP. Ask what they think.

Not the same thing, you are being dishonest.

And, have you ever bothered to ask yourself why I think what I think?

Not the same thing, you are being dishonest.
Nope. You had only one job, i.e. point out something inaccurate in what I wrote. Until you do, you are the one being dishonest.

And, have you ever bothered to ask yourself why I think what I think?
No, I never have, because you don't need to justify to me why you think what you think. I just take you on your word that what you claim to think is what you think.

If you'd like me to perform a peer review on you reasoning, I'm here for you.

It's an atheist who is lampooning him. You aren't very bright. We've been over this.

b06e74c7aaa5e782620d1d57f01b7976.png

Akshually...you aren't very bright.

I think I need a "case of the ass" scholar.......I assumed the term referred to someone who viewed the other negatively.........I also think that would include everyone who thought they could attain righteousness by following the minutes rules of behavior fantasied up by the the Pharisees.....he did, after all preach the Sermon on the Mount which specifically addressed that topic......

If you want war all you have to do is declare it...imbecile.
Is that like being able to declare that someone else doesn't know something, if that's the way you want it to be?

So let's test your theory. I officially declare war. Now what happens?

Many of us atheists actually know the Bible pretty well. In some ways better than the thumpers themselves.
As one of the "thumpers", I'll say that I've unfortunately found this to be quite true (to a certain degree).

Atheists tend to be very logical and otherwise very smart and studied people, even more-so than plenty of "thumpers" and more-so than pretty much all of the "never-thumpers".

The "by grace alone through faith alone" pathway for being saved is a bit odd when isolated by itself. It's fine in stressing the biblical truth that humans have no access to heaven without Jesus's perfect life and his subsequent innocent suffering and death on the cross in order to pay for all of our sins (past, present, and future), but there's still something missing in the sense that all of our good works here on Earth are then ultimately meaningless because we're "going to heaven either way". But, with careful study of scripture, our works here on Earth DO come into play when the Bema Seat Judgement occurs (a judgement only for believers). At the Bema Seat Judgement, believers in Jesus will receive heavenly rewards in accordance with how well their Earthly works built upon the foundation of Christ according to the talents that each believer was blessed with.

The problem with a number of Christians today (and this includes all Christians every now and then) is that they are rather unfruitful. This issue stems from the lukewarmness of many of today's churches themselves. IOW, people label themselves as Christians, they go to church on Sunday, but then during the rest of the week they live their lives much like "the heathens" do, not bearing much, if any, fruit for the kingdom of God. They go about their lives doing works for publicity, for self gain, for earthly things, etc (IOW, "wood, hay, stubble"; combustible things) instead of for bringing people to Christ, for charity, for heavenly things (IOW, "gold, silver, precious stones; non-combustible things). One group of works will survive the coming test of fire while the other group of works will not. Something for me and my fellow Christians to reflect upon.

Last edited:
Actually, [the earth is] roughly six thousand years old.
That would make earth only about 1,200 years older than a tree in the California white mountains named Methuselah that claims to be roughly 4,800 years old. Of course, there's always a chance that something got lost in the translation, especially when the language is bristlecone pine. We should probably call in another druid for a second opinion.

Back