Classic O'Reilly

Onceler

Addressing his current obsession with Edwards many, many lies that exaggerate the plight of homeless veterans (while issuing not a peep on the 900+ lies Bush used to get us into a war), he just told his TV audience that they've been putting the message out - on TV - to all of the homeless vets to get in touch with his show if they really aren't getting help, and they only heard from 1.

Just to repeat: they've been talking and talking about it on TELEVISION, and asking HOMELESS (that's homeless) vets to call in, and they have only gotten one response.

Therefore, Edwards is exaggerating the problem.

Why would anyone like Edwards? Wwwhyyyy (In a whiney little Edwards voice)

Whhhyyyy? Whhhhyyy?

He is just anothr one with absolutly no specifics.

Addressing his current obsession with Edwards many, many lies that exaggerate the plight of homeless veterans (while issuing not a peep on the 900+ lies Bush used to get us into a war), he just told his TV audience that they've been putting the message out - on TV - to all of the homeless vets to get in touch with his show if they really aren't getting help, and they only heard from 1.

Just to repeat: they've been talking and talking about it on TELEVISION, and asking HOMELESS (that's homeless) vets to call in, and they have only gotten one response.

I wonder, is his main audience also this stupid? Do they think homeless people are lugging around plasmas and iphones? This is really incredible.

On the other hand, Dano knew a homeless guy once who he used to stop and talk to on the way to work, and he had a cell phone.

As I recall they have been asking for six months, not just a few days. Surely more than one of these 200,000 homelsss vets has a family or knows someone who has cable TV and a phone. :)

As I recall they have been asking for six months, not just a few days. Surely more than one of these 200,000 homelsss vets has a family or knows someone who has cable TV and a phone. :)

I used to volunteer part time with a homeless advocacy group, and I'm quite sure none of them were watching "The O'Reilly Factor!", let alone Fox News.

Out of context, and a strawman Lorax/Onceler.

The reality is that Homeless Advocacy groups could contact the show with evidence. And many different places have televisions that even homeless people watch. He was speaking to Edward's insistence that his show was receiving "all sorts of calls" from vets. That is an inaccuracy, according to O'Reilly.

(One of the few times I listen.... )

O'Reilly's position isn't that they don't exist, it is that most of them have additional problems with addiction and mental illness and until they wish to be helped will continue to remain in their current state.

He, O'Reilly, advocates a more direct action that some of them should be forced into treatment. (I do not hold that same position, only if you are a direct danger to yourself or others should you be forced into such treatment.)

You can believe O'Reilly if you want.

I'll believe the Veteran's Administration and the National Coalition for the Homeless, over a sexual harasser and falafel-fan.
The number is not the issue. Edwards claims there is no money to help these guys out, and being a Liberal, wants more federal funding, higher taxes on the rich, yada yada. O'Reilly proved that this is a lie, and that the VA is adequately funded. The issue is that these guys are mentally unstable and have to be forced off the streets. Edwards ignores this, of course, because it would not be a popular position.

Plus Edwards is a faggot.

The reality is that Homeless Advocacy groups could contact the show with evidence. And many different places have televisions that even homeless people watch. He was speaking to Edward's insistence that his show was receiving "all sorts of calls" from vets. That is an inaccuracy, according to O'Reilly.

O'Reilly's position isn't that they don't exist, it is that most of them have additional problems with addiction and mental illness and until they wish to be helped will continue to remain in their current state.

He, O'Reilly, advocates a more direct action that some of them should be forced into treatment. (I do not hold that same position, only if you are a direct danger to yourself or others should you be forced into such treatment.)

Oh, bull. I love how you see fit to continue to defend this moron. He was talking about homeless PEOPLE, not advocacy groups, and said he had only received ONE call from a homeless VET, and even discredited that because a liberal group had arranged for him to call in.

He is so over-the-top on this issue it's not even debatable. He is completely blinded by Edwards hate. He had the regular from the military that he always has on & usually agrees with to talk about it, and he didn't want to hear ANYTHING that disagreed with his absurd, hate-driven position on the issue.

I'm sure homeless vets & their advocacy groups are thrilled that O'Reilly's biggest issue right now is how much John Edwards is exaggerating the problem. As I said in the 1st post...doesn't anyone find it strange that he cares not a whit about the 900+ lies Bush told to get us into Iraq? Not a peep on that one, but if someone uses a VA REPORTED NUMBER to bring attention to the plight of homeless vets, well, he's all over that one...

Fuck him, and to hell with your lame attempts to defend his madness.

Why would anyone believe this lying hunk of shit about him only recieving one phone call about it?

Oliely is a fucking liar and will lie any time it helps him. He probably had to change his office numbers to stop the calls.

"Out of context, and a strawman Lorax/Onceler. The reality is that Homeless Advocacy groups could contact the show with evidence."

They have:

O’Reilly Admits There Are 200K Homeless Vets, Still Says Edwards ‘Is A Liar’ Who Owes ‘An Apology’

Recently, Fox News host Bill O’Reilly attacked former senator John Edwards for noting the 200,000 homeless veterans who “go to sleep under bridges and on grates” every night. “The only thing sleeping under a bridge is that guy’s brain,” quipped O’Reilly. O’Reilly continued his attack earlier this week, claiming “They may be out there, but there’s not many of them out there.”

Last night, however, O’Reilly pulled an about-face, acknowledging to National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse President Joseph Califano that there are upwards of 200,000 homeless vets in America:

-CALIFANO: We have 200,000 veterans who are homeless.

-O’REILLY: Right.

Watch it:

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/01/18/oreilly-admits-homeless-vets/

Oh, bull. I love how you see fit to continue to defend this moron. He was talking about homeless PEOPLE, not advocacy groups, and said he had only received ONE call from a homeless VET, and even discredited that because a liberal group had arranged for him to call in.

Yet was asked about that on the show and mentioned that advocacy groups are welcome to call for the vets in their area.

He is so over-the-top on this issue it's not even debatable. He is completely blinded by Edwards hate. He had the regular from the military that he always has on & usually agrees with to talk about it, and he didn't want to hear ANYTHING that disagreed with his absurd, hate-driven position on the issue.

I'm sure homeless vets & their advocacy groups are thrilled that O'Reilly's biggest issue right now is how much John Edwards is exaggerating the problem. As I said in the 1st post...doesn't anyone find it strange that he cares not a whit about the 900+ lies Bush told to get us into Iraq? Not a peep on that one, but if someone uses a VA REPORTED NUMBER to bring attention to the plight of homeless vets, well, he's all over that one...

Fuck him, and to hell with your lame attempts to defend his madness.

And on this particular show he, (I will note that this is the one show I have listened to so I don't know about the whole supposed battle) mentioned that "900 lies" story, and who paid for the "study" that was published. It seems that both of the issues were covered on the show. Even your issue with "they don't have TVs!"...

I'm not defending him I am only reporting what I heard on the show, as I stated his position to force these people into drug and alcohol rehab as well as psychological counseling is way too far for me. I don't like it. But his position isn't that the people don't exist, it is that they largely don't want the help that is being promoted to "fix" the problem because of the overlying addictions and mental problems in 90% of them.

"Out of context, and a strawman Lorax/Onceler. The reality is that Homeless Advocacy groups could contact the show with evidence."

They have:
That was my point you dink. O'Reilly didn't say that they didn't exist, only that their problems are different than the "fix" advocated by Edwards would solve.

This is more indicative of O'Reilly's hyper-inflated ego. It's all about him. Why won't they call him? If they don't call him than they don't exist.

Listen O'Reilly, life does not stop and start at your convenience you miserable piece of shit.

Back