Clinton's not qualified to be president

Legion Troll

A fine upstanding poster
Hillary Clinton is not qualified to be president, Bernie Sanders told a crowd of supporters, delivering his fiercest jab yet to the struggling Democratic front-runner.

"Now the other day, I think, Secretary Clinton appeared to be getting a little bit nervous," he began. "We have won, we have won seven out of eight of the recent primaries and caucuses. And she has been saying lately that she thinks that I am, quote unquote, not qualified to be president.

"Well let me, let me just say in response to Secretary Clinton: I don't believe that she is qualified. If she is, if she is, through her super PAC, taking tens of millions of dollars in special interest funds," he said. "I don't think you are qualified if you get $15 million from Wall Street through your super PAC."

Sanders then pivoted to her record on foreign policy, saying, "I don't think you are qualified if you have voted for the disastrous war in Iraq. I don't think you are qualified if you've supported virtually every disastrous trade agreement, which has cost us millions of decent paying jobs. I don't think you are qualified if you supported the Panama free trade agreement, something I very strongly opposed and which, as all of you know, has allowed corporations and wealthy people all over the world to avoid paying their taxes to their countries."

Stay on topic, or this thread will be moved to the war zone, where you will find all threads that devolve to back and forth insults.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/04/sanders-clinton-not-qualified-to-be-president-221666#ixzz459ZCU41x

^ a lot of truth here...Clinton is a policy wonk, but her judgement is awful..

Still if I were sanders I'd stay above the fray, nobody wins when they get down in the gutter against the Clintons

^ a lot of truth here...Clinton is a policy wonk, but her judgement is awful..

Still if I were sanders I'd stay above the fray, nobody wins when they get down in the gutter against the Clintons

They own that particular territory, don't they?

Can you name the two Senate bills that Hillary sponsored that became law during her terms in the US Senate?

They own that particular territory, don't they?

Can you name the two Senate bills that Hillary sponsored that became law during her terms in the US Senate?
ROFL..gawd no-who cares?
yes indeed the Clintonistas will destroy their opponents

ROFL..gawd no-who cares? yes indeed the Clintonistas will destroy their opponents

I keep hearing that Hillary is the most qualified candidate we have had in modern times.

Since she infested the US Senate for 2 terms, I wondered what she accomplished there, exactly.

In that case, would you agree that people who claim that she's the most qualified candidate we have had in modern times are misguided?
her paper resume' is impressive, but her performance
( chief advocate and architect of Libya 2011 /Friends of Syria -Russian reset) are awful. She couldn't have screwed up more if she tried.
Then there are her big donors,Clinton arrogance of power ( even setting up the Email like she did). She's terrible

her paper resume' is impressive, but her performance
( chief advocate and architect of Libya 2011 /Friends of Syria -Russian reset) are awful. She couldn't have screwed up more if she tried.
Then there are her big donors,Clinton arrogance of power ( even setting up the Email like she did). She's terrible

Would you agree that people who say that she's the most qualified candidate we have had in modern times are misguided?

I had to laugh.....this morning a spokesman for Hillary say Bernie is burning his bridges by saying Hillary is unqualified......but they didn't seem to think she was burning anything when she said earlier this week that he was unqualified.......

I cant find the old list of accomplishments of HRC, I guess they were lost when the server went down a few months ago.. I was able to get a few of them together for you by visiting a few web cites.

Among HRC's accomplishments qualifications and professional experiences that qualify her to be president are...

She graduated in the top five percent of her High School class of 1965.

Worked on the campaign for Republican candidate Barry Goldwater in the U.S. presidential election of 1964.

During her freshman year in college, she served as president of the Wellesley Young Republicans.

In early 1968, she was elected president of the Wellesley College Government Association and served through early 1969.

HRC interned at the House Republican Conference, and she attended the "Wellesley in Washington" summer program.

She attended the 1968 Republican National Convention in Miami

Summer of 1969 she worked her way across Alaska, washing dishes in Mount McKinley National Park and sliming salmon in a fish processing cannery in Valdez.

Hillary Rodham graduated from Wellesley College in 1969, where she became the first student commencement speaker.

Hillary Clinton Earned a J.D. from Yale.

Served as editor of the Yale Law Review.

In the summer of 1970 she was awarded a grant to work at Marian Wright Edelman's Washington Research Project, where she was assigned to Senator Walter Mondale's Subcommittee on Migratory Labor.

Rodham was recruited by political advisor Anne Wexler to work on the 1970 campaign of Connecticut U.S. Senate candidate Joseph Duffey.

1972, Rodham campaigned in Texas for unsuccessful 1972 Democratic presidential candidate George McGovern.

Rodham completed a year of postgraduate study on children and medicine at the Yale Child Study Center.

In 1973 Rodham served as staff attorney for Edelman's newly founded Children's Defense Fund in Cambridge, Massachusetts

In 1974 she was a member of the impeachment inquiry staff in Washington, D.C., advising the House Committee on the Judiciary during the Watergate scandal.

In August 1974, Rodham moved to Fayetteville, Arkansas, and became one of only two female faculty members in the School of Law at the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville.

Married Bill Clinton in October of 1975. (Not a qualification for president, but I put it in to show her accomplishments prior to her marriage.)

HRC co-founded Arkansas Advocates for Children and Families in 1977.

Rodham published the scholarly articles "Children's Policies: Abandonment and Neglect" in 1977[78] and "Children's Rights: A Legal Perspective" in 1979.

In 1977 President Jimmy Carter (for whom Rodham had been the 1976 campaign director of field operations in Indiana) appointed her to the board of directors of the Legal Services Corporation.

She became the first female chair of the Legal Services Corporation in 1978

Rodham became First Lady of Arkansas in January 1979

She was a partner in a large law firm.

She served as the chair of the Rural Health Advisory Committee in 1979

1980, Rodham gave birth to their daughter Chelsea. (Being mother to a happy healthy child is one of her biggest accomplishments in my opinion.)

She was named chair of the Arkansas Educational Standards Committee in 1983, where she sought to reform the state's court-sanctioned public education system where she was successful in the battle against the Arkansas Education Association to establish mandatory teacher testing and state standards for curriculum and classroom size.

While First Lady of Arkansas from 1979 to 1981, and 1983 to 1992, she led a task force that reformed Arkansas' public school system

She was named Arkansas Woman of the Year in 1983 and Arkansas Mother of the Year in 1984.

From 1987 to 1991, she was the first chair of the American Bar Association's Commission on Women in the Profession, created to address gender bias in the legal profession and induce the association to adopt measures to combat it.

Served as the first woman on the board of directors of Wal-Mart.

Twice named by The National Law Journal as one of the 100 most influential lawyers in America: in 1988 and in 1991

Clinton served on the boards of the Arkansas Children's Hospital Legal Services (1988–1992) and the Children's Defense Fund (as chair, 1986–1992).

She was the first first lady to hold a postgraduate degree and to have her own professional career up to the time of entering the White House.[

In 1997 and 1999, she played a leading role in advocating the creation of the State Children's Health Insurance Program, the Adoption and Safe Families Act and the Foster Care Independence Act.

Along with Senators Ted Kennedy and Orrin Hatch, she was a force behind the passage of the State Children's Health Insurance Program in 1997, a federal effort that provided state support for children whose parents could not provide them with health coverage, and conducted outreach efforts on behalf of enrolling children in the program once it became law.

Together with Attorney General Janet Reno, Clinton helped create the Office on Violence Against Women at the Department of Justice.

In 1995 after being asked by the U.S. State Department traveled to India and Pakistan in an effort to improve relations.

In 1997, she initiated and shepherded the Adoption and Safe Families Act, which she regarded as her greatest accomplishment as first lady

1999, she was instrumental in the passage of the Foster Care Independence Act, which doubled federal monies for teenagers aging out of foster care.

Clinton was elected in 2000 as the first female senator from the state of New York.

She demonstrated her ability to work across the isle by forging alliances with religiously inclined senators by becoming a regular participant in the Senate Prayer Breakfast.

She served on five Senate committees: Committee on Budget (2001–2002), Committee on Armed Services (2003–2009), Committee on Environment and Public Works (2001–2009), Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions (2001–2009) and Special Committee on Aging. She was also a member of the Commission on Security and Cooperation in Europe (2001–2009).

Clinton was re-elected to the Senate in 2006.

Working with New York's senior senator, Charles Schumer, she was instrumental in securing $21 billion in funding for the World Trade Center site's redevelopment.

Senator Clinton voted against President Bush's two major tax cut packages, the Economic Growth and Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2001 and the Jobs and Growth Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2003.

Clinton is the only woman to win a national party primary for president of the United States.

Instrumental in the decision making process that led to the capture of Osama Bin Laden. (Many Conservatives claim she made the decision.)

Clinton implemented, the Quadrennial Diplomacy and Development Review, a major reform at the State Department which established specific objectives for the State Department's diplomatic missions abroad; it was modeled after a similar process in the Defense Department that she was familiar with from her time on the Senate Armed Services Committee.

In March 2009, Clinton prevailed over Vice President Joe Biden on an internal debate to send an additional 21,000 troops to the war in Afghanistan and supported Obama's plan to tie the surge to a timetable for eventual withdrawal.

In October 2009, on a trip to Switzerland, Clinton's intervention overcame last-minute snags and saved the signing of an historic Turkish–Armenian accord that established diplomatic relations and opened the border between the two long-hostile nations.

Beginning in 2010, she helped organize a diplomatic isolation and international sanctions regime against Iran, in an effort to force curtailment of that country's nuclear program; this would eventually lead to the multinational Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action being agreed to in 2015.

As our secretary of state, Clinton visited 112 countries, helping to repair a badly damaged U.S. reputation.

Hillary Clinton was instrumental in the passage of the Children’s Health Insurance Program. CHIP cut the uninsured rate of American children by half, and today it provides health care to more than 8 million kids.

As Secretary of State negotiated a lasting cease fire between Israel and Hamas.

GRAMMY Award Winner

Hillary Clinton introduced the Heroes at Home Act in 2006 and 2007 to help family members care for those with Traumatic Brain Injury.

She worked to increase the military survivor benefit from $12,000 to $100,000, and cosponsored the Support for Injured Service members Act to extend benefits provided under the Family and Medical Leave Act.

These are just a few... and while none alone qualify her to be president added together they present more qualifications than any other candidate for president.

I cant find the old list of accomplishments of HRC, I guess they were lost when the server went down a few months ago.. I was able to get a few of them together for you by visiting a few web cites.

Those aren't presidential-level accomplishments, Counselor.

Only 2 of the bills she sponsored while she was in the Senate became law.

Can you name them?

I'll understand if you can't.

Hillary's only claim to fame is that she married a political star.

Surely you know that.

Bernie does.

Those aren't presidential-level accomplishments, Counselor.

Only 2 of the bills she sponsored while she was in the Senate became law.

Can you name them?

I'll understand if you can't.

Hillary's only claim to fame is that she married a political star.

Surely you know that.

Bernie does.

How many Bills did Ronald Reagan Sponsor? How many became law?
How many Bills did Bill Clinton Sponsor? How many became law?

How many Bills did Abraham Lincoln sponsor?

You are a fool.

How many Bills did Ronald Reagan Sponsor? How many became law? How many Bills did Bill Clinton Sponsor? How many became law?
How many Bills did Abraham Lincoln sponsor? You are a fool.

So you cannot, in fact, substantiate any accomplishments Hillary has achieved during her decades of infesting the corridors of power as a hanger-on to her husband, can you, Counselor?

So you cannot, in fact, substantiate any accomplishments Hillary has achieved during her decades of infesting the corridors of power as a hanger-on to her husband, can you, Counselor?

I can...

Among HRC's accomplishments qualifications and professional experiences that qualify her to be president are...

She graduated in the top five percent of her High School class of 1965.

Worked on the campaign for Republican candidate Barry Goldwater in the U.S. presidential election of 1964.

During her freshman year in college, she served as president of the Wellesley Young Republicans.

In early 1968, she was elected president of the Wellesley College Government Association and served through early 1969.

HRC interned at the House Republican Conference, and she attended the "Wellesley in Washington" summer program.

She attended the 1968 Republican National Convention in Miami

Summer of 1969 she worked her way across Alaska, washing dishes in Mount McKinley National Park and sliming salmon in a fish processing cannery in Valdez.

Hillary Rodham graduated from Wellesley College in 1969, where she became the first student commencement speaker.

Hillary Clinton Earned a J.D. from Yale.

Served as editor of the Yale Law Review.

In the summer of 1970 she was awarded a grant to work at Marian Wright Edelman's Washington Research Project, where she was assigned to Senator Walter Mondale's Subcommittee on Migratory Labor.

Rodham was recruited by political advisor Anne Wexler to work on the 1970 campaign of Connecticut U.S. Senate candidate Joseph Duffey.

1972, Rodham campaigned in Texas for unsuccessful 1972 Democratic presidential candidate George McGovern.

Rodham completed a year of postgraduate study on children and medicine at the Yale Child Study Center.

In 1973 Rodham served as staff attorney for Edelman's newly founded Children's Defense Fund in Cambridge, Massachusetts

In 1974 she was a member of the impeachment inquiry staff in Washington, D.C., advising the House Committee on the Judiciary during the Watergate scandal.

In August 1974, Rodham moved to Fayetteville, Arkansas, and became one of only two female faculty members in the School of Law at the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville.

Married Bill Clinton in October of 1975. (Not a qualification for president, but I put it in to show her accomplishments prior to her marriage.)

HRC co-founded Arkansas Advocates for Children and Families in 1977.

Rodham published the scholarly articles "Children's Policies: Abandonment and Neglect" in 1977[78] and "Children's Rights: A Legal Perspective" in 1979.

In 1977 President Jimmy Carter (for whom Rodham had been the 1976 campaign director of field operations in Indiana) appointed her to the board of directors of the Legal Services Corporation.

She became the first female chair of the Legal Services Corporation in 1978

Rodham became First Lady of Arkansas in January 1979

She was a partner in a large law firm.

She served as the chair of the Rural Health Advisory Committee in 1979

1980, Rodham gave birth to their daughter Chelsea. (Being mother to a happy healthy child is one of her biggest accomplishments in my opinion.)

She was named chair of the Arkansas Educational Standards Committee in 1983, where she sought to reform the state's court-sanctioned public education system where she was successful in the battle against the Arkansas Education Association to establish mandatory teacher testing and state standards for curriculum and classroom size.

While First Lady of Arkansas from 1979 to 1981, and 1983 to 1992, she led a task force that reformed Arkansas' public school system

She was named Arkansas Woman of the Year in 1983 and Arkansas Mother of the Year in 1984.

From 1987 to 1991, she was the first chair of the American Bar Association's Commission on Women in the Profession, created to address gender bias in the legal profession and induce the association to adopt measures to combat it.

Served as the first woman on the board of directors of Wal-Mart.

Twice named by The National Law Journal as one of the 100 most influential lawyers in America: in 1988 and in 1991

Clinton served on the boards of the Arkansas Children's Hospital Legal Services (1988–1992) and the Children's Defense Fund (as chair, 1986–1992).

She was the first first lady to hold a postgraduate degree and to have her own professional career up to the time of entering the White House.[

In 1997 and 1999, she played a leading role in advocating the creation of the State Children's Health Insurance Program, the Adoption and Safe Families Act and the Foster Care Independence Act.

Along with Senators Ted Kennedy and Orrin Hatch, she was a force behind the passage of the State Children's Health Insurance Program in 1997, a federal effort that provided state support for children whose parents could not provide them with health coverage, and conducted outreach efforts on behalf of enrolling children in the program once it became law.

Together with Attorney General Janet Reno, Clinton helped create the Office on Violence Against Women at the Department of Justice.

In 1995 after being asked by the U.S. State Department traveled to India and Pakistan in an effort to improve relations.

In 1997, she initiated and shepherded the Adoption and Safe Families Act, which she regarded as her greatest accomplishment as first lady

1999, she was instrumental in the passage of the Foster Care Independence Act, which doubled federal monies for teenagers aging out of foster care.

Clinton was elected in 2000 as the first female senator from the state of New York.

She demonstrated her ability to work across the isle by forging alliances with religiously inclined senators by becoming a regular participant in the Senate Prayer Breakfast.

She served on five Senate committees: Committee on Budget (2001–2002), Committee on Armed Services (2003–2009), Committee on Environment and Public Works (2001–2009), Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions (2001–2009) and Special Committee on Aging. She was also a member of the Commission on Security and Cooperation in Europe (2001–2009).

Clinton was re-elected to the Senate in 2006.

Working with New York's senior senator, Charles Schumer, she was instrumental in securing $21 billion in funding for the World Trade Center site's redevelopment.

Senator Clinton voted against President Bush's two major tax cut packages, the Economic Growth and Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2001 and the Jobs and Growth Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2003.

Clinton is the only woman to win a national party primary for president of the United States.

Instrumental in the decision making process that led to the capture of Osama Bin Laden. (Many Conservatives claim she made the decision.)

Clinton implemented, the Quadrennial Diplomacy and Development Review, a major reform at the State Department which established specific objectives for the State Department's diplomatic missions abroad; it was modeled after a similar process in the Defense Department that she was familiar with from her time on the Senate Armed Services Committee.

In March 2009, Clinton prevailed over Vice President Joe Biden on an internal debate to send an additional 21,000 troops to the war in Afghanistan and supported Obama's plan to tie the surge to a timetable for eventual withdrawal.

In October 2009, on a trip to Switzerland, Clinton's intervention overcame last-minute snags and saved the signing of an historic Turkish–Armenian accord that established diplomatic relations and opened the border between the two long-hostile nations.

Beginning in 2010, she helped organize a diplomatic isolation and international sanctions regime against Iran, in an effort to force curtailment of that country's nuclear program; this would eventually lead to the multinational Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action being agreed to in 2015.

As our secretary of state, Clinton visited 112 countries, helping to repair a badly damaged U.S. reputation.

Hillary Clinton was instrumental in the passage of the Children’s Health Insurance Program. CHIP cut the uninsured rate of American children by half, and today it provides health care to more than 8 million kids.

As Secretary of State negotiated a lasting cease fire between Israel and Hamas.

GRAMMY Award Winner

Hillary Clinton introduced the Heroes at Home Act in 2006 and 2007 to help family members care for those with Traumatic Brain Injury.

She worked to increase the military survivor benefit from $12,000 to $100,000, and cosponsored the Support for Injured Service members Act to extend benefits provided under the Family and Medical Leave Act.

These are just a few... and while none alone qualify her to be president added together they present more qualifications than any other candidate for president.

The copy and paste laundry list again? :palm:

None of that measures up to the hype Y O U promoted, does it, Counselor?

May I just remind you that you said she's "the most qualified candidate we have had in modern times"?

Really?

Who is more qualified? What are their accomplishments?

Did I claim that anyone else is "the most qualified candidate we have had in modern times", Counselor?

Can you introduce any evidence that a reasonable person would accept as factual substantiation of that statement, or not?

Did I claim that anyone else is "the most qualified candidate we have had in modern times", Counselor?

Can you introduce any evidence that a reasonable person would accept as factual substantiation of that statement, or not?

If she's not the most qualified, who is more qualified?

Back