College Football is back!

Tough for BC to recruit, too many standards, and college football in New England has remained regional, of which BC doesn’t have any real rivals

If we had a league with Army, Navy, Penn State, Pittsburgh, Syracuse, Rutgers, Maryland, Temple, and Connecticut, for example, it might have flown.

Nobody wants a steady diet of Virginia, Virginia Tech, North Carolina, Duke, NC State, Wake Forest, Clemson, Georgia Tech, Florida State and Miami.
because we're a very provincial, geography-bigoted [Earl's description] area.
The ACC package draws crickets for TV ratings. They'd do better showing Little Rascals or Three Stooges shorts instead.

In the Flutie era, we had had some great games with Clemson, Miami, and Alabama, but they were like dessert, not the main course.
College football is dead here, now, and nobody seems to care. Even Harvard, which used to average about 25,000 when I was a kid, draws flies now.

The Brady-less Pats don't exactly give me the vapors either.

I'm happy if just the freakin' Red Sox get their act together.

More likely other schools now have the luxury of buying players as Sabin has done for years, as he accused Fisher of doing

Last year he accused Deion Sanders of paying a player $1M when sanders was at Jax State.
He seems to be losing his mind.

Penn State QB looked like a 3rd stringer for a Div. II team today.
Phew!
Not a quality game.
Hope Tenn. - Alabama is better.

Who is watching Ohio State/MIchigan? I’m listening to it as we are driving home from Kentucky. Who do I want to win? Guess I’ll have to root for Harbaugh’s team since no one likes him.

Back