College Football is just around the corner. Who will be on top?

Here is a scenario that could happen and could cause chaos.

Right now, I have the rankings as follows:
#1 - Alabama
#2 - Clemson
#3 - Michigan (I think OSU lost too many starters)

If that were to hold true until the end of the season, we could also have the following teams with the following records:
LSU 11-1 (lost to Alabama)
Florida State 11-1 (lost to Clemson)
Ohio State 11-1 (lost to Michigan)

If neither the Big 12 or the Pac 12 have a team with a better record (I think the PAC12 will have a 10-2 Champion), who gets the 4th slot in the playoffs?

I'm hoping my Crimson Tide runs it!
They have a favorable schedule. Ole Miss and Miss St are in rebuild bode. Tenn and Arkansas don't look like they'll be winning the SEC West anytime soon. Your road schedule is extremely favorable as you only be playing one game on the road against LSWho. That'll be a big game. But it is the SEC West and what looks like you might play 3-4 ranked opponents by the end of the season could turn into 7. Someone unexpected will probably raise their ugly head. You also only play 4 road games and only 8 conference games. I wouldn't insult you by saying they have an easy schedule. They don't...but they've had harder.

Freaken Buckeyes schedule is a bitch. We play Oklahoma, Wisc, Penn St and Mich St on the road and all four are MF's to play on the road. Particularly the one at PSU. That has me worried. If PSU was smart they would play all their games at night. They also appear to be on the upswing. The Bucks also play Mich and Nebraska at home. I doubt the Bucks can run that schedule. To many games against quality opponents on the road. However, if the Bucks win the division with 1 loss and wins the Conf champ game then the Bucks would be in the playoff.

No. Just plain English.

#1 - Alabama
#2 - Clemson

If that were to hold true until the end of the season, we could also have the following teams with the following records:

If neither the Big 12 or the Pac 12 have a team with a better record (I think the PAC12 will have a 10-2 Champion), who gets the 4th slot in the playoffs?
Trust me. You will not see a drop off in talent t

#1 - Alabama
#2 - Clemson

A lot of people are saying that about the Bckeyes. Wishful thinking. We've probably had the four best years of recruiting in OSU history. Trust me. We haven't lost too many starters. We're scary deep. Talent is not going to be a problem at OSU. In fact I think you'll see a considerably improved offense this year.

Bama's defense should look better than last year. The offense will be good, as soon as we settle the QB question. New RBs and a few new faces on the coaching staff, but Saban will do what Saban does.

I'm SO ready for the season to start!!!

Bama's defense should look better than last year. The offense will be good, as soon as we settle the QB question. New RBs and a few new faces on the coaching staff, but Saban will do what Saban does.

I'm SO ready for the season to start!!!

I didn't realize you were involved in settling the QB question. Good to know.

Just to clarify, there is only one person that decides who the starting QB will be. In our case that will be Nick Saban.

Back