College Football season is almost here!

Only team that looked impressive this week.

Oklahoma certainly didn't look like a #2 team.

Georgia's defense looked good. But their offense wasn't great.

Clemson just lost to the only ranked team they play all season. Had they won it would have been a cake walk to the playoffs. Now they may already be eliminated.

Ohio State struggled with Minnesota. But there is not any real threat in the Big 10 to knock them off. I sort of thought the Wisconsin Badgers might be good enough. But not from what I saw today.

I predict Alabama wins the SEC and goes to the playoffs to win another National Championship. Who else can lose 10 players to the NFL draft, including 6 first round picks, and still have so much talent?

Clemson just lost to the only ranked team they play all season. Had they won it would have been a cake walk to the playoffs. Now they may already be eliminated.

Ohio State struggled with Minnesota. But there is not any real threat in the Big 10 to knock them off. I sort of thought the Wisconsin Badgers might be good enough. But not from what I saw today.

I predict Alabama wins the SEC and goes to the playoffs to win another National Championship. Who else can lose 10 players to the NFL draft, including 6 first round picks, and still have so much talent?
Yes Alabama is amazing. No let down yr after yr. even after winning a NC. I wrote off last yr to LSU having a hangover after one of the greatest seasons ever in 2019. Looks like another mediocre season for them.
I suffered through the UCLA game at a bar in Las Vegas, my bartender went to Nebraska and said watching them is like watching his wife cheat on him.
lol
Still early but Bama looks like they’re in a league of their own.

Yes Alabama is amazing. No let down yr after yr. even after winning a NC. I wrote off last yr to LSU having a hangover after one of the greatest seasons ever in 2019. Looks like another mediocre season for them.
I suffered through the UCLA game at a bar in Las Vegas, my bartender went to Nebraska and said watching them is like watching his wife cheat on him.
lol
Still early but Bama looks like they’re in a league of their own.

Nebraska is just in sad shape. They are the Tennessee of the Big10.

For those saying that OU didn’t look like a #2 team ….

You’re absolutely right. Escaped with a win and we’ll see if improvements can be made.

That’s why I don’t care for pre-season hype. Kids start believing in the hype tend to think teams will just lay down because they are who they are.

Boston College hammered the "FCS" Patriot League's Colgate 51-0.
Very brave of them.
I'm disgusted and won't be surprised if they seriously struggle when they get to ACC competition.

If they're 7-0 going into the game with former and traditional Big East rival Syracuse, I may watch it.
Which means that I won't be seeing the Syracuse game this year.

If the Harvard-Yale game is on TV this year, maybe I'll watch that.

For those saying that OU didn’t look like a #2 team ….

You’re absolutely right. Escaped with a win and we’ll see if improvements can be made.

That’s why I don’t care for pre-season hype. Kids start believing in the hype tend to think teams will just lay down because they are who they are.

The first game of the season is always a questionable one. Have to work the kinks out.

And playing a lower rated team is always dangerous. Let's face it, Tulane went in knowing they would lose. So there is no pressure. They can do anything or try anything. Pull out all the stops.

I was watching some commentary on college football this week and I have changed my mind about Clemson. Yes, they lost their season opener to Georgia. Georgia's defense handled them. But other than a Pick 6, the teams were tied. Georgia's offense couldn't do anything against Clemson.

The rest of Clemson's schedule looks relatively easy. I can only see 2 teams with the defensive firepower to completely stop Clemson. That would be Alabama and Georgia. And they will only face them in the Playoffs.

I was watching some commentary on college football this week and I have changed my mind about Clemson. Yes, they lost their season opener to Georgia. Georgia's defense handled them. But other than a Pick 6, the teams were tied. Georgia's offense couldn't do anything against Clemson.

The rest of Clemson's schedule looks relatively easy. I can only see 2 teams with the defensive firepower to completely stop Clemson. That would be Alabama and Georgia. And they will only face them in the Playoffs.

You see my post in Off-Topic about Sam 'Bam' Cunningham? I don't know how old you are but being an Alabama guy do you have any recollection of that game?

You see my post in Off-Topic about Sam 'Bam' Cunningham? I don't know how old you are but being an Alabama guy do you have any recollection of that game?

I remember that game, and the fallout afterwards. If I recall, Bear Bryant had tried to recruit Cunningham.

I remember so many idiots complaining about John Mitchell and Wilbur Jackson being on the team (the first black players). Until Bama started winning because of them. Suddenly segregation didn't matter as much.

As a footnote, Bear tried to integrate the team just a few years after he took over as head coach. But George Wallace and his cronies kept saying 'No'.

Here in New England, we got good people from both of those two teams--Sam Cunningham and John Hannah.

Alabama wasn't at the top of their game and Boston College was when Doug Flutie beat Bama twice in the 80s.
Still, both games were televised and we enjoyed them.

Here in New England, we got good people from both of those two teams--Sam Cunningham and John Hannah.

Alabama wasn't at the top of their game and Boston College was when Doug Flutie beat Bama twice in the 80s.

Like any college team, Alabama has had good years and bad.

John Hannah is one of the best to ever play offensive line. And a super nice guy. Well, unless you were lined up against him.

You know who New England ain't got? Tom Brady. :tongout:

Florida State is really hitting bottom. Losing to Notre Dame in OT was tough. But then the next week you lose to an FCS team?

Jacksonville State is not even a top FCS school. How the mighty have fallen.

Oh, and UAB, the team that Georgia beat 56-7 yesterday? Last week UAB beat Jacksonville State 31-0.

Last edited:
Florida State is really hitting bottom. Losing to Notre Dame in OT was tough. But then the next week you lose to an FCS team?

Jacksonville State is not even a top FCS school. How the mighty have fallen.

Oh, and UAB, the team that Georgia beat 56-7 yesterday? Last week UAB beat Jacksonville State 31-0.
That doesn’t say much for ND.

Back