Commentary: Democracy and the Path to Non-Partisan Reform in America

No, Biden has not.
Yep, Biden has, and is, labeling "Make America Great Again" Americans as the threat to the United States. It would appear that Global Warming has been replaced by Make America Great Again Americans as the top threat. I'm re-watching the video right now. Biden is not claiming that only Trump is the "threat" but that Make America Great Again Americans are the enemy as well. Please deny all you wish. I'm listening to Biden's speech in parallel with reading your denial. It's quite enlightening.

Biden is not Congress, Sock. He had no authority to get Obamacare passed.

As VP, Biden did get a tie breaking vote in the Senate, and was considered the President of the Senate. It is an odd role that is not a member of Congress, but in some ways is a member of Congress.

Anyway, anyone can shepherd a bill through Congress. Many times a President will assign the VP, who is already working in Congress, to shepherd important bills, but not always. In this case, Obama had Biden, a VP with a huge amount of experience with Congress, shepherd Obamacare through Congress.

It was a miracle it got passed. Whether you agree or disagree with the bill, you have to admit that it was a huge success for Biden's competency that he got it through.

Since nobody cared to comment,
I'll share my view again.

A call for unrealistic bipartisanship

is a failure to recognize the very real and sincere difference in values
held by the two major factions.

My values as a straight-ticket-voting Democrat
have virtually no overlap
with those of a hardcore Republican.

I'm sincere, and they're presumably sincere.

America's fate is to exist as a nation
where at least 49.5% of the electorate is perpetually in a state of rage.

My desire for MORE people to feel content
is my reason for being a partitionist.

As VP, Biden did get a tie breaking vote in the Senate, and was considered the President of the Senate. It is an odd role that is not a member of Congress, but in some ways is a member of Congress.

Anyway, anyone can shepherd a bill through Congress. Many times a President will assign the VP, who is already working in Congress, to shepherd important bills, but not always. In this case, Obama had Biden, a VP with a huge amount of experience with Congress, shepherd Obamacare through Congress.

It was a miracle it got passed. Whether you agree or disagree with the bill, you have to admit that it was a huge success for Biden's competency that he got it through.

Biden is not Congress, Sybil.

Back