Conservatives

Well that seems reasonable enough...

One of the biggest reasons I stopped associating with the libertarian party, is that whenever ed clark left it really just became a big taling piece for radical conservatives. The claim of being different from liberalism and conservatism now rings on dead ears because it's goddamn clear who they associate most closely with. They've abandoned the thoughts of our liberal founding fathers and now just howl anarcho-capitalism to the moon.

Stop stealing my phase.

You and Cypress both do it. I officially coined "howl anarcho-capitalism at the moon".

Ha I let the first time go, but given your literary background I doubted it was a random mistake. I'm flattered that you like it. It's very noticeable though, I believe this is your second or third time to use it.

Ha I let the first time go, but given your literary background I doubted it was a random mistake. I'm flattered that you like it. It's very noticeable though, I believe this is your second or third time to use it.

It was really good. You should use it at your next party convention to try and get people to go back to being practical. Although, well, I'll bet you'll pull it in a conservative direction. With legalizing pot and all.

I dropped it on our state LP chair. He didn't like it too much. It did get the point across to the other people in the room though. I'd like to think that someone in the state leadership went home and thought hard and long about moderating their rhetoric, but I doubt it very seriously.

I dropped it on our state LP chair. He didn't like it too much. It did get the point across to the other people in the room though. I'd like to think that someone in the state leadership went home and thought hard and long about moderating their rhetoric, but I doubt it very seriously.

Man, it's great to know that you're Warren. I had thought you'd left us.

Notice how jumpy I've been at you the last few weeks?

It's very hard for me to introduce college kids to libertarianism and justify the state LP's ramblings all at the same time. My job would be 100% easier if certain individuals in the party would stfu.

Warren, if you want to run for office, I know you may love the party, but just get into the Republican or Democratic primaries. Reforming the LP just isn't worth it. And people already have a negative perception of libertarians. A smart, charismatic person like RS was only able to get 17% in a two way election. Think if he had had a D behind his name?

I don't have any absurd partisan love for the LP, but I'd have to walk a tightrope running as a D or R. I think my state is fairly fertile ground for a candidate with libertarian ideas, if he/she can decide which positions to play up or down.

It's very hard for me to introduce college kids to libertarianism and justify the state LP's ramblings all at the same time. My job would be 100% easier if certain individuals in the party would stfu.

There are a bunch of liberal-libertarians and conservative-libertarians who are scared the hell away by that shit. A lot of college kids join it thinking its moderate, and then the older state LP chairs drop in and start saying crazy shit...

There are a bunch of liberal-libertarians and conservative-libertarians who are scared the hell away by that shit. A lot of college kids join it thinking its moderate, and then the older state LP chairs drop in and start saying crazy shit...

Yeah that's pretty much a perfect summary of what happened.

Now 1/2 my job is keeping my new young libertarians from even knowing about the state party.

I don't have any absurd partisan love for the LP, but I'd have to walk a tightrope running as a D or R.

You'd have to walk a tightrope running in the south, at all, unless some state randomly decided to introduce proportional representation. Then again, politicians are known for walking tight ropes. Just try to change what you think you can and whenever anyone asks you about anything else don't say anything.

Yeah that's pretty much a perfect summary of what happened.

Now 1/2 my job is keeping my new young libertarians from even knowing about the state party.

The college organizations are just like completely different creatures than the actual party. They're also always much, much larger. Maybe you should just try to tell people that it's OK to ignore the state party, and that the real base is right there around them.

Man you really hate the South.

There are good elements of political culture here. Opposition (sometimes almost irrational opposition) to taxes, few/no restrictions on gun control, tiny welfare states. All of these are positives in my eyes.

Back