Contradictions of Islam

Especially the Atheist who believes that he is saving the world trouble by converting people to his values. "Religion is violent and erroneous and causes most of the worlds problems" might be one of their ethical reasons for promoting their cause. As such they fit right into that definition easily and without even adjusting any of the meaning.

How can anyone get along with a ford Guy ?

Vehicular worship services ?

Autoeroticism ? the worship of vehicles ?

How can anyone get along with a ford Guy ?

Vehicular worship services ?

Autoeroticism ? the worship of vehicles ?
Imagine the guy who believed that because the safety tests for the fords were slightly less than the chevys' test results it was a matter of ethics that people buy chevy over ford...

He too would fit into that definition 6. It is a matter of "ethics" see? It is a reason that those who study Theravada Buddhism that makes no mention of a Deity are considered to be part of a religion.... One doesn't have to have a Deity to make something religious.

So free masonry is a religion ? Yes even I would consider freemasonry a religion, but why do none think of it that way ?

So free masonry is a religion ? Yes even I would consider freemasonry a religion, but why do none think of it that way ?
Some would take it to that level, yes.

In fact some members have even said to me that it is all the religion they'll ever need.

The vast majority don't use it that way, but some definitely do.

Most freemasons wouldn't see it that way because their belief in Deity is entirely outside of the fraternity. They are Christians and members of a fraternity. Also, with Freemasonry they do not seek to "convert" anybody, in fact it is against the rules.

You say they may not seek to convert, but they are not dying out as a religion like the Shakers are they ?
There are other ways of selling your organization to others, and obviously the freemasons methods work.

You say they may not seek to convert, but they are not dying out as a religion like the Shakers are they ?
There are other ways of selling your organization to others, and obviously the freemasons methods work.
It really isn't a religion to most. Any more than Phi Beta Cappa is a religion to the members of that Fraternity. As I said, almost anything can be taken to a religious level. Freemasonry is dying out. There are approx. 2 million in the US today, and getting less every year. Previously it was far more popular to belong to Fraternities, etc. than it is now. As the old WWII folks go, we simply do not have enough new guys to replace them.

Anyway, the rules of Freemasonry are that you don't ask people to join, they must ask you.

Back