Cops caught on dash cam planting Meth

Blackflag

Nice, they let the dogs attack him then plant meth

http://www.wkrn.com/nashville/news/...t-for-alleged-police-brutality/136297.htm#top

"The community of Cookeville, in Putnam County, is facing a $10 million lawsuit amid the release of shocking police dash cam video.

The video, from a Cookeville police cruiser, shows the arrest of a Putnam County man.

A Cookeville officer is seen allegedly placing drugs on the man, Carlos Ferrell, before arresting him.

Ferrell is now suing the city of Cookeville, the police department, Putnam County, and the sheriff's office for $10 million.

During the arrest, Ferrell was also bitten by a police K9.

Chris Melton, one of the officers involved, is now on leave, and his police force is facing statewide scrutiny.

Cookeville Police have turned the investigation over to the TBI.

Melton is one of seven Cookeville police officers named in a lawsuit following the arrest.

Melton did not want to speak about the case when contacted by News 2.

“I don’t have a comment without my lawyer present,” he said when approached by News 2 reporter Scott Fralick.

Ferrell’s attorney Blair Durham said his client was the victim of violent police work and attacked by a K9 unit.

Durham said by the end of the ordeal, his client feared for his life and was simply agreeing with anything officers said.

““The crux of lawsuit really centers around the fact that he was treated subhuman,” he said. “The constitution was just laughed at, as far as the treatment for him; drugs were planted upon him, the physical abuse and abuse from dogs.”

Durham said the case could go before the Federal Department of Justice.

There were so many officers at the stop because, police said, they were serving a warrant."

You're right BF, nothing makes me angrier than a crooked cop or judge.

Nothing makes me angrier than a crook. Of course crooks in positions of trust should get a hammering when it comes to a sentence, for sure. Judge, politician, cop, lawyer, teacher etc., yep, they should get harshly punished.

Don't be stupid and calm down. The law will deal with them appropriately. Jeez you want crooked cops to kill people to stop them reporting them?

Haha you beat me to it.

I was about to say we'd just see a rise in mysterious killings.

Mencken quote again...

What is needed is a system (a) that does not depend for its execution upon the good-will of fellow jobholders, and (b) that provides swift, certain and unpedantic punishments, each fitted neatly to its crime.

...any [citizen]...having looked into the acts of a jobholder and found him delinquent, may punish him instantly and on the spot, and in any manner that seems appropriate and convenient – and that, in case this punishment involves physical damage to the jobholder, the ensuing inquiry by the grand jury or coroner shall confine itself strictly to the question whether the jobholder deserved what he got. In other words, I propose that it shall no longer be malum in se for a citizen to pummel, cowhide, kick, gouge, cut, wound, bruise, maim, burn, club, bastinado, flay, or even lynch a jobholder, and that it shall be malum prohibitum only to the extent that the punishment exceeds the jobholder's desserts. The amount of this excess, if any, may be determined very conveniently by a petit jury, as other questions of guilt are now determined.... If it decides that the jobholder deserves the punishment inflicted upon him, the citizen who inflicted it is acquitted with honor. If, on the contrary, it decides that the punishment was excessive, then the citizen is adjudged guilty of assault, mayhem, murder, or whatever it is, in a degree apportioned to the difference between what the jobholder deserved and what he got, and punishment for that excess follows in the usual course...

Mencken highlights the problem. We depend on other "jobholders" (i.e., government agents) to punish the "jobholders."

Carlos Ferrell?

I wonder how often this happens to a white guy, in a three piece suit, with the name Thurston Howell the III

Mencken quote again...

What is needed is a system (a) that does not depend for its execution upon the good-will of fellow jobholders, and (b) that provides swift, certain and unpedantic punishments, each fitted neatly to its crime.

...any [citizen]...having looked into the acts of a jobholder and found him delinquent, may punish him instantly and on the spot, and in any manner that seems appropriate and convenient – and that, in case this punishment involves physical damage to the jobholder, the ensuing inquiry by the grand jury or coroner shall confine itself strictly to the question whether the jobholder deserved what he got. In other words, I propose that it shall no longer be malum in se for a citizen to pummel, cowhide, kick, gouge, cut, wound, bruise, maim, burn, club, bastinado, flay, or even lynch a jobholder, and that it shall be malum prohibitum only to the extent that the punishment exceeds the jobholder's desserts. The amount of this excess, if any, may be determined very conveniently by a petit jury, as other questions of guilt are now determined.... If it decides that the jobholder deserves the punishment inflicted upon him, the citizen who inflicted it is acquitted with honor. If, on the contrary, it decides that the punishment was excessive, then the citizen is adjudged guilty of assault, mayhem, murder, or whatever it is, in a degree apportioned to the difference between what the jobholder deserved and what he got, and punishment for that excess follows in the usual course...

Back to wer-geld and blood-fued. That's really very, very nutty :D

I don't really think they should be executed. I don't beleive in capital punishment. I was just using rhetoric lol.

I don't really think they should be executed. I don't beleive in capital punishment. I was just using rhetoric lol.

well if one could make a case for execution of certain criminals corrupt cops are right up there at the top of the list perhaps along with child rapists.

well if one could make a case for execution of certain criminals corrupt cops are right up there at the top of the list perhaps along with child rapists.

The drawback is, there are so many dirty cops, you'd be running like one of W's mass execution chambers down in Texas. And think of all the staff you'd need.

National average approximately 1%

The drawback is, there are so many dirty cops, you'd be running like one of W's mass execution chambers down in Texas. And think of all the staff you'd need.

Lower than teachers/attorneys/entertainment Ind. that sexually abuse children...at least be fair duhla!

Back