Could Germany have won the war?

I can be both. I did electrical contracting, then taught VT classes on how to do electrical work, and military history is a hobby that I've also made into something I want to share with others through writing.

Oh okay. History is a hobby.

To me a *published military historian* is someone with an advanced degree in history or works as a professional historical scholar.

You were a contractor. What did you contract?

Mostly commercial electrical work. I had an L-11 Arizona license back then. They call it a CR-11 today

Electrical (CR-11) – with the combination of the C-11 and R-11 licenses, it allows a contractor to work on any electrical system in a residential property, including the setup and maintenance works, and on the electrical systems, wiring, and equipment of a commercial property that have a load not exceeding 600 V. When working on commercial property, a contractor may work on the overhead wirings used in street decorations and signs that can be found on public right-of-ways, but he or she may not do work on public right-of ways themselves. As long as it does not exceed 600 V, the contractor can also do the necessary modifications, setups, and repairs on underground electrical systems that are connected to private property.

https://contractorquotes.us/arizona...actor ... 7 Specialty Commercial Contracting

I mostly worked with machine shops and research facilities, particularly in the area of advanced materials.

Oh okay. History is a hobby.

To me a *published military historian* is someone with an advanced degree in history or works as a professional historical scholar.

I have an MA in military history, but I really don't think it was worth the cost of doing it. My thesis was on a history of electronic warfare in WW 2. I mostly do technical topics like that. My current project is a history of surface-to-air missiles from 1935 to 1955 (and yes, surprisingly there were a few in the late 30's, with the Soviet Union--again a surprise to even me--showing some of the most advanced ones only to see them abandoned with Stalin's purge then WW 2).

Mostly commercial electrical work. I had an L-11 Arizona license back then. They call it a CR-11 today

Electrical (CR-11) – with the combination of the C-11 and R-11 licenses, it allows a contractor to work on any electrical system in a residential property, including the setup and maintenance works, and on the electrical systems, wiring, and equipment of a commercial property that have a load not exceeding 600 V. When working on commercial property, a contractor may work on the overhead wirings used in street decorations and signs that can be found on public right-of-ways, but he or she may not do work on public right-of ways themselves. As long as it does not exceed 600 V, the contractor can also do the necessary modifications, setups, and repairs on underground electrical systems that are connected to private property.

https://contractorquotes.us/arizona...actor ... 7 Specialty Commercial Contracting

I mostly worked with machine shops and research facilities, particularly in the area of advanced materials.

Good work. So when did you turn white supremacist fuckwit? Too many Mexicans competing with you?

I have an MA in military history, but I really don't think it was worth the cost of doing it. My thesis was on a history of electronic warfare in WW 2. I mostly do technical topics like that. My current project is a history of surface-to-air missiles from 1935 to 1955 (and yes, surprisingly there were a few in the late 30's, with the Soviet Union--again a surprise to even me--showing some of the most advanced ones only to see them abandoned with Stalin's purge then WW 2).

I have an MS in International Relations, but you and your WSE fuckwit Trumpers don't give a shit. Why Should anyone give a shit about your degree, Terry? Are you "special"?

Is that like you telling us you were a naval officer flying helicopters?

Yes, Terry. It's a matter of matching the logic and veracity of the person with their claims. My interest is in tracking how people become demented and whether they can see it coming or not.

What is your interest, Terry?

Germany could have won the war in Continental Europe-- west of Russia --
had they not invaded the USSR and decolored war on us.
That was pure megalomania.
Their Reich might have lasted about fifty years or so.

The mighty Soviet Union only lasted 75 years from beginning to end,
and Germany would not have access to as many natural resources as the USSR did.

The Germans are an intelligent people.
Hitler only succeeded in taking power because of the global depression
and the ability to blame it on Jews and their WWI adversaries.
He got them when they were already reeling.

Fifty years, tops, but they could have had a longer run than they actually did.
MIT and Cal Tech and the rest would have had the bomb and the missiles and the whole nine yards without the German engineers very soon.
They were nearly there anyway.

He was hardly the first person to do that. I wonder why?

Not possible. Russia is just too big. Hitler completely failed to realize what fighting Russia meant.

I have to agree with Night here. There was no realistic line that Hitler could have advanced to that he would have won in Russia. Russia would have just kept swallowing troops forever.

They had already made it to Moscow but Hitler made a decision that Stalingrad had to be taken and it became a pissing contest between him and Stalin costing Hitler he’s entire 6th army, the best he had

Hitler didn’t need Stalingrad and he had already bombed out their factories

Tinkerbell's chronology is all off. Germany attacked towards Moscow during 1941, but failed to make it by Winter. This gave the entire Winter for the USSR to regroup, and come Spring, Hitler could capture Moscow, even though he tried into the Summer. That is when Hitler turned south, and a year later in the Fall of 1942 tried to capture Stalingrad and the oil fields beyond it.

Stalingrad, even during the worst of the battle, was still producing a third of the USSR tanks.

Hitler always assumed Stalin would do anything to defend Moscow, Leningrad, and Stalingrad. Stalin was actually thinking more strategically. He did not try to win the Battle of Stalingrad in Stalingrad, but rather surrounded half a million German troops in Stalingrad, and then let them die slowly unsupported. Stalin saw the actual battle of the cities as a way to trap German troops.

Throughout 1943 into 1944, German troops retreated, or worse yet(for Germany) were encircled. By the Summer of 1944, when the D-Day Landings happened, a third of German occupied Europe had been liberated (I use that term loosely, and maybe should say captured by the USSR). Germany was losing the war, badly, before the D-Day Landings... And not because of the landings and slow advance in Italy.

The reality is had the D-Day Landings not have happened, the USSR would have still won the war, just without the Western Allies capturing Western Europe.

Stalin was hated. The resistance would have been only Stalin loyalists, what a lot of people lining up to fight them.

Hitler wanted to use the Slavs, especially the Russians, as slave labor to be exterminated. Most Russians would fight against that.

They had already made it to Moscow but Hitler made a decision that Stalingrad had to be taken and it became a pissing contest between him and Stalin costing Hitler he’s entire 6th army, the best he had

Hitler didn’t need Stalingrad and he had already bombed out their factories

Taking Moscow wouldn't have changed anything. Napoleon took Moscow, and the Russians just faded into the hinterland to fight another day.

Hitler needed to destroy Soviet Russia's ability and willingness to make war. Stalin moved the Soviet industrial capacity to beyond the Ural mountains, which Hitler had no prayer of ever reaching. The Soviets could win a war of attrition with Germany, given the size of the Soviet population. And Hitler only increased the motivation of East Slavic people to resist by committing blatant atrocities on Soviet citizens, and openly considering the Slavs to be subhuman and only worthy of slave labor or liquidation.

Taking Moscow wouldn't have changed anything. Napoleon took Moscow, and the Russians just faded into the hinterland to fight another day.

Hitler needed to destroy Soviet Russia's ability and willingness to make war. Stalin moved the Soviet industrial capacity to beyond the Ural mountains, which Hitler had no prayer of ever reaching. The Soviets could win a war of attrition with Germany, given the size of the Soviet population.

And Hitler only increased the motivation of East Slavic people to resist by committing blatant atrocities on Soviet citizens, and openly considering the Slavs to be subhuman and only worthy of slave labor or liquidation.
A mistake Russia is now making in Ukraine.

A second major mistake Russia is now making in Ukraine.

A mistake Russia is now making in Ukraine.

A second major mistake Russia is now making in Ukraine.

MAGAs keep suggesting that America is forcing Ukrainians to fight this war, but that type of comment comes from sheer
appalling ignorance of historical context.

MAGAs keep suggesting that America is forcing Ukrainians to fight this war, but that type of comment comes from sheer
appalling ignorance of historical context.

The JPP MAGAts commenting upon it are idiots and/or demented. It's certainly anti-American since they praise Putin's righteousness and condemn the actions of the United States to stop aggressive states.

The US has toyed with fascism before; notably in the 1930s when it was fashionable...mostly due to the Great Depression causing massive suffering. We didn't cross the line but came close with FDR. It's why the President is term limited.

I find it ironic that the Millennials may turn out to be this century's Greatest Generation and their parents, the Boomers and Gen Xers, to be the worst for embracing authoritarian leadership.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Twenty-second-Amendment
Twenty-second Amendment
United States Constitution

Twenty-second Amendment, amendment (1951) to the Constitution of the United States effectively limiting to two the number of terms a president of the United States may serve. It was one of 273 recommendations to the U.S. Congress by the Hoover Commission, created by Pres. Harry S. Truman, to reorganize and reform the federal government. It was formally proposed by the U.S. Congress on March 24, 1947, and was ratified on Feb. 27, 1951.

The JPP MAGAts commenting upon it are idiots and/or demented. It's certainly anti-American since they praise Putin's righteousness and condemn the actions of the United States to stop aggressive states.

The US has toyed with fascism before; notably in the 1930s when it was fashionable...mostly due to the Great Depression causing massive suffering. We didn't cross the line but came close with FDR. It's why the President is term limited.

I find it ironic that the Millennials may turn out to be this century's Greatest Generation and their parents, the Boomers and Gen Xers, to be the worst for embracing authoritarian leadership.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Twenty-second-Amendment
Twenty-second Amendment
United States Constitution

That's a good insight that Boomers and Gen X might be remembered by history as the Americans who openly flirted with fascism

That's a good insight that Boomers and Gen X might be remembered by history as the Americans who openly flirted with fascism

In the 1930s, the US also flirted with Communism. Both, of course, are authoritarian. A willingness by a large part of the population to let government run their lives.

IMO, it's a weakness on their part. It's harder to live in a democracy.

Notice how much these assholes look like Trumpers?:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/skokie-legacy-nazi-march-town-holocaust-survivors/story?id=56026742
Skokie: The legacy of the would-be Nazi march in a town of Holocaust survivors
Forty years ago, in the Chicago suburb of Skokie, a planned Nazi march through a town full of Holocaust survivors led to a years-long legal battle over religious liberties and the strength of the constitution. While hate groups were ultimately not allowed to march on Skokie, their message still resonates with white supremacists and members of the far-right today, according to Heidi Beirich, the director of the Intelligence Project at the Southern Poverty Law Center.

"Skokie was a planned decision by Nazis basically to pick a place to come together in public force and assert their First Amendment rights ... but also to assert that they are a powerful force in American politics, and Charlottesville was exactly the same thing," Beirich told ABC News.

Although the message behind both marches was similar, there was one major difference: the neo-Nazis never ended up taking to the streets in Skokie.

R.7be7f7615e46952e6f0a3f35b4680cab

https://skokieheritagemuseum.omeka.net/exhibits/show/skokie-history-faqs/attempted-nazi-march-skokie

Last edited:
Back