Criminal Investigation into Trump’s Finances

Trump said several times when he was running that he would release his taxes since every other candidate did for the last 50 years. Them when the time came to put up, he seized the old audit trick. Nixon released his when they were under audit. There was nothing stopping him from releasing them except, what was in them. So of coi\ourse, he lied about them and kept on lying. His taxes would have settled all the questions.
Trump was bragging about avoiding taxes. He has bent and broken rules and regs his whole life. How anyone could have expected honesty from such a man is a mystery or a case of self-delusion Trump used the power of big lawyers on small people to cheat them. He is not much of a human being. Right-wing standards are so low.

Yep by the state of New York and the IRS perpetually, among others. If they had something on him I know he'd be charged in nanosecond, so it's pretty obvious that to date they don't have anything on him not for want of trying.

He had the protection of the presidency you lying sack of shit

The article you link to:

https://www.propublica.org/article/...-tower-tax-records-reveal-new-inconsistencies
https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-tower-financial-fraud-lenders-propublica-2019-11

Says no such thing. There is no mention within it of Trump keeping two sets of books. They only say that in various tax and financial filings during the year(s) they have documents for there were "discrepancies" in the stated occupancy rate of Trump Tower. That isn't "two sets of books," regardless of what the persons writing those articles might think.

Today, 10:51 AM #35 | Top T. A. Gardner's Avatar T. A. Gardner T. A. Gardner is online now
Thread Killer
Thanks
Thanked 6,293 Times in 4,522 PostsGroans2Groaned 237 Times in 216 Posts
Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bus...-2019-11?amp

New documents show Trump kept 2 sets of books for his biggest property in Manhattan, pointing to potential financial fraud

Sonam Sheth and Tom Porter Nov 27, 2019, 10:33 AM
The article you link to:

https://www.propublica.org/article/t...nconsistencies
https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...ublica-2019-11

Says no such thing. There is no mention within it of Trump keeping two sets of books. They only say that in various tax and financial filings during the year(s) they have documents for there were "discrepancies" in the stated occupancy rate of Trump Tower. That isn't "two sets of books," regardless of what the persons writing those articles might think.

Your a fucking liar

The link I posted said exactly what I posted after it

Your without a doubt a Russian lump of shit

Anyone who has any doubt need only perform a quick internet search using the following search words:

"trump 2 sets of books"

That will turn up stories by CNBC, NBC, Business Insider, CBS, Washington Post...

Credible Main Stream News.

I posted a link

And copied what was said in the link

You quoted my link and then lied and said the link and material were fake

You lied you evil fucking Russian cock sucker

The article you link to:

https://www.propublica.org/article/...-tower-tax-records-reveal-new-inconsistencies
https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-tower-financial-fraud-lenders-propublica-2019-11

Oh and btw

Your two links say two sets of books idiot

Anyone who has any doubt need only perform a quick internet search using the following search words:

"trump 2 sets of books"

That will turn up stories by CNBC, NBC, Business Insider, CBS, Washington Post...

Credible Main Stream News.

The indictment of the Trump Corporation and Allen Weisselberg details the 2 sets of books.
https://fingfx.thomsonreuters.com/gfx/legaldocs/dgkplrlezpb/00206BBA0B5A210701124202.pdf

Paragraph 7 gives the details of how the payments to Weisselberg were kept not recorded on the general ledger but were kept in a spread sheet to make sure he was not overpaid based on his contract.

Hello Poor Richard Saunders,

The indictment of the Trump Corporation and Allen Weisselberg details the 2 sets of books.
https://fingfx.thomsonreuters.com/gfx/legaldocs/dgkplrlezpb/00206BBA0B5A210701124202.pdf

Paragraph 7 gives the details of how the payments to Weisselberg were kept not recorded on the general ledger but were kept in a spread sheet to make sure he was not overpaid based on his contract.

I bet they are having continuing 'discussions' with Weisselberg and others. I bet there are more people in the organization who are sweating it right now, wondering when the knock will come on their own doors.

I bet they are having continuing 'discussions' with Weisselberg and others. I bet there are more people in the organization who are sweating it right now, wondering when the knock will come on their own doors.

The question is whether Trump was aware of the accounting fraud that was going on. Trump can deny he knew anything about it. Of course, he would have to admit he isn't the smartest man in the room at that point. Weisselberg is the key witness that can say Trump knew and point to other people that can testify that Trump knew.

The question is whether Trump was aware of the accounting fraud that was going on. Trump can deny he knew anything about it. Of course, he would have to admit he isn't the smartest man in the room at that point. Weisselberg is the key witness that can say Trump knew and point to other people that can testify that Trump knew.

It would not faze Trump to plead stupidity.

He would do it in a heartbeat.

Click the link in my post folks

It says this

New documents show Trump kept 2 sets of books for his biggest property in Manhattan, pointing to potential financial fraud

Sonam Sheth and Tom Porter Nov 27, 2019, 10:33 AM

This poster is outright fucking lying

That's the title of the article evince linked. There is nothing within it from any of the sources that are linked to it (mostly ProPublica), that state factually Trump kept two sets of books. An article title is not proof of anything.

That would be one route. Another would be that occupancy changed and the numbers reflect that, as the documents were prepared on different dates with the data available at the time they were prepared.

Hello T. A. Gardner,

That's the title of the article evince linked. There is nothing within it from any of the sources that are linked to it (mostly ProPublica), that state factually Trump kept two sets of books. An article title is not proof of anything.

The indictment charges that two sets of books were kept.

MANY articles have told the story.

Prove that you lying Russian turd pile

Oh and btw
Your two links say two sets of books idiot

Here's one of the articles I linked--from your google source that was cited in that article. While I normally would not post the entire article, I will this time because it proves there is no citation within it to "two sets of books."

Donald Trump’s business reported conflicting information about a key metric to New York City property tax officials and a lender who arranged financing for his signature building, Trump Tower in Manhattan, according to tax and loan documents obtained by ProPublica. The findings add a third major Trump property to two for which ProPublica revealed similar discrepancies last month.

In the latest case, the occupancy rate of the Trump Tower’s commercial space was listed, over three consecutive years, as 11, 16 and 16 percentage points higher in filings to a lender than in reports to city tax officials, records show.

For example, as of December 2011 and June 2012, respectively, Trump’s business told the lender that 99% and 98.7% of the tower’s commercial space was occupied, according to a prospectus for the loan. The figures were taken from “borrower financials,” the prospectus stated.

In tax filings, however, Trump’s business said the building’s occupancy was 83% in January 2012 and the same a year later. The 16 percentage point gap between the loan and tax filings is a “very significant difference,” said Susan Mancuso, an attorney who specializes in New York property tax.

A spokesperson for the Trump Organization said that “comparing the various reports is comparing apples to oranges” because reporting requirements differ.

Trump had much to gain by showing a high occupancy rate to lenders in 2012: He refinanced his share of Trump Tower that year and obtained a $100 million loan on favorable terms.

The vast majority of the gap between occupancy figures could be explained by diverging reports on how much space the Trump Organization used in Trump Tower. In loan documents, the company said it and its affiliates occupied 74,900 square feet in mid-2012, or 31% of the building. But tax reports from the January before and after listed the company and related parties as occupying 41,600 square feet — or about 18% of the tower.

“I cannot give you an explanation,” said Kevin Riordan, a financing expert, former accountant and real estate professor at Montclair State University who reviewed the tax and loan records for Trump Tower at ProPublica’s request.

More than a dozen tax and finance experts, presented with ProPublica’s earlier findings, also said they could not decipher a reason for the differences. As with Trump Tower, the discrepancies made the two properties — a skyscraper located at 40 Wall Street and the Trump International Hotel and Tower near Columbus Circle — appear more profitable to the lender and less so to property tax officials.

Those discrepancies were “versions of fraud,” according to Nancy Wallace, a professor of finance and real estate at the Haas School of Business at the University of California-Berkeley. The penalties for false filings can include fines or criminal charges.

Back