Damo or SF what have you heard?

Socrtease

Verified User
I have seen several reports that say that McCain is writing off Colorado. Supposedly a campaign source says McCain can't win in Colorado anymore? I want to know more.

I have seen several reports that say that McCain is writing off Colorado. Supposedly a campaign source says McCain can't win in Colorado anymore? I want to know more.
I've heard they are still pumping the ads but are going to try to make more appearances in other places. Believe me we are getting the ads, fo' sure...

I've heard they are still pumping the ads but are going to try to make more appearances in other places. Believe me we are getting the ads, fo' sure...
In the world of campaign ads they can't match Obama ad for ad. They have got to keep sending at the very least A list surrogates to keep Colorado in the running.

In the world of campaign ads they can't match Obama ad for ad. They have got to keep sending at the very least A list surrogates to keep Colorado in the running.
I just think we'll get a bit of Romney, as we did before CO became such an important state this time.

I just think we'll get a bit of Romney, as we did before CO became such an important state this time.

Colorado will become an important state as it will fortell forthcoming Democratic landslides in the mountain states. As a state John McCain has a snowball's chance in hell of winning, not so much.

can mc write off any battleground states

i know that bo is outspending mc 2 - 1 in non-battleground states and 3 - 1 in battleground states

will the anti-black independents decide this election

it seems that if the polls are correct, bo and the dems will win almost enough of the senate, but are they correct

i still wish that hil had won, but will cast my vote at bo...sigh

gaia help whoever does win, this nation needs some really competent leadership

Writing off Colorado and going all out in Pennsylvania.

If this isn't suicide...

yeah. seems that way. or, you can look at the polling in Colorado, compare it to polling in PA, and ask yourself, what do they know that we don't know?

Because either something is very wrong with that decision, or they made it based on information we don't have.

Making me wonder if PA is going to be the new Florida, the new Ohio.

What's interesting is that depending on where you are in the country, your experience with this election can be drastically different. I was reading an article about Jersey the other day which essentially said that if you live near North Jersey (New York Metro Area) you can go most of the day without seeing any of these viscious ads that the pundits are talking about. In south Jersey (Philly Metro Area) you may see more, but in battle ground states, where the candidates have to fight for your attention, are just flooded with them.

I don't know if its because I'm trash TV queen or what, but I can honestly say I don't think I've seen any of the ads that picked apart in the media.

yeah. seems that way. or, you can look at the polling in Colorado, compare it to polling in PA, and ask yourself, what do they know that we don't know?

Because either something is very wrong with that decision, or they made it based on information we don't have.

Making me wonder if PA is going to be the new Florida, the new Ohio.

Yep; they may be dumb, but they're not stupid. They're seeing something on their internal polling - thin support, wavering Reagan Dems, something along those line. Combined with Murtha's recent comments, they probably think they can parlay Ayers/Wright/"bitter clingers" into something; Rendell is begging Obama to come back for a last visit, so he may know something, too...

Yep; they may be dumb, but they're not stupid. They're seeing something on their internal polling - thin support, wavering Reagan Dems, something along those line. Combined with Murtha's recent comments, they probably think they can parlay Ayers/Wright/"bitter clingers" into something; Rendell is begging Obama to come back for a last visit, so he may know something, too...

Well, when it actually comes to policy and doing their jobs, I'd say they are pretty stupid. One thing they are great at is winning elections though.

What's interesting is that depending on where you are in the country, your experience with this election can be drastically different. I was reading an article about Jersey the other day which essentially said that if you live near North Jersey (New York Metro Area) you can go most of the day without seeing any of these viscious ads that the pundits are talking about. In south Jersey (Philly Metro Area) you may see more, but in battle ground states, where the candidates have to fight for your attention, are just flooded with them.

I don't know if its because I'm trash TV queen or what, but I can honestly say I don't think I've seen any of the ads that picked apart in the media.
I will tell you who the ads effect the most. The kids. You'll find them repeating the most vicious crap. Musgrave and Markey (a Congressional battle) are the absolute worst. It doesn't matter whose ad shows up, it's always some sort of nasty attack.

I mean really. "Her 'fancy' coin investments..." really? There are many people who collect coins...

But the kids will be out playing and one of their friends will say something that you heard in one of those ads. Adults are way less effected as we have gotten used to advertising...

I will tell you who the ads effect the most. The kids. You'll find them repeating the most vicious crap. Musgrave and Markey (a Congressional battle) are the absolute worst. It doesn't matter whose ad shows up, it's always some sort of nasty attack.

I mean really. "Her 'fancy' coin investments..." really? There are many people who collect coins...

But the kids will be out playing and one of their friends will say something that you heard in one of those ads. Adults are way less effected as we have gotten used to advertising...

I never thought of that.

Darla/Lorax - do you guys see a lot of the nasty ads that Damo is talking about? I can't think of any offhand that I haven't seen on youtube or that I went looking for or that was featured in an online article.

Darla/Lorax - do you guys see a lot of the nasty ads that Damo is talking about? I can't think of any offhand that I haven't seen on youtube or that I went looking for or that was featured in an online article.

Nah; haven't read about it anywhere, either. I'd be interested to see some sort of link on that...

Back