Damo or SF what have you heard?

Darla/Lorax - do you guys see a lot of the nasty ads that Damo is talking about? I can't think of any offhand that I haven't seen on youtube or that I went looking for or that was featured in an online article.

no. but i live in ny and no one is spending money here for political ads.

I have seen several reports that say that McCain is writing off Colorado. Supposedly a campaign source says McCain can't win in Colorado anymore? I want to know more.

I really don't think it matters at this point. The election will be over before CO gets done voting. IA and VA are all Obama needs and he is way ahead in both states.

That said, we are getting hammered with ads. Obama is clearly outspending McCain here, but both are advertising fairly hard.

yes. they are pretty funny. At first sunnunu was being pretty positive but now hes fighting back.

I think my favorite so far was the U.S. Chamber of Commerce "Shaheen spending spree" ad. Also, I find it hilarious that Sunnunu, the Republican, is attacking Shaheen for supporting Bush on the Iraq War.

Darla/Lorax - do you guys see a lot of the nasty ads that Damo is talking about? I can't think of any offhand that I haven't seen on youtube or that I went looking for or that was featured in an online article.

For me, I think most of the nasty ads are those local to CO. Obama and McCain have been clean lil saints compared to some of the local attack ads.

i get them all the time as i am a registered independent mostly about the questions however. question #1 is to eliminate state taxes and I get messages that say its reckless and my property tax will go up if its passed which is bullshit because it was passed in 2002 by a 75% or so margin and the legislature ignored it.

Question 1: Abolish State Income Tax (5.3% flat tax)

Question 2: Decriminalize Marijuana Possession
This would replace criminal penalties for possession of one ounce or less of the drug with civil penalties, making it comparable to a parking ticket.

Question 3: Ban Greyhound Racing
Would place a permanent ban on greyhound racing in Massachusetts. This has been tried twice before and was defeated both times.

Last edited:
For me, I think most of the nasty ads are those local to CO. Obama and McCain have been clean lil saints compared to some of the local attack ads.

wow, really?

so which candidate in colorado is calling their opponent a guy/girl who pals around with terrorists?

i get them all the time as i am a registered independent mostly about the questions however. question #1 is to eliminate state taxes and I get messages that say its reckless and my property tax will go up if its passed which is bullshit because it was passed in 2002 by a 75% or so margin and the legislature ignored it.

Question 1: Abolish State Income Tax (5.3% flat tax)

Question 2: Decriminalize Marijuana Possession
This would replace criminal penalties for possession of one ounce or less of the drug with civil penalties, making it comparable to a parking ticket.

Question 3: Ban Greyhound Racing
Would place a permanent ban on greyhound racing in Massachusetts. This has been tried twice before and was defeated both times.

How are you voting on those? I'm going no, yes, not sure. I'm torn on the last one.

However, as I stated. This was a rumor that is clearly incorrect. McCain is planning more trips to CO, Friday is the latest announced visit. I think this may have been one of those attempts to make it psychologically "apparent" that Obama is "inevitable".

However, as I stated. This was a rumor that is clearly incorrect. McCain is planning more trips to CO, Friday is the latest announced visit. I think this may have been one of those attempts to make it psychologically "apparent" that Obama is "inevitable".

Right on the money.

Right on the money.

I suppose it is inaccurate to say that McCain is writing off Colorado given that he is making campaign trips there, but he is certaily scaling back his budget for the state:

Despite assertions that it was not cutting back on resources in the state, John McCain's presidential campaign has drastically slashed television advertising at Colorado's big three stations.

At the same time, national Republicans have canceled $600,000 worth of ads supporting incumbent GOP Rep. Marilyn Musgrave's re-election bid. And the campaign arm of Senate Democrats pulled out of the Mark Udall-Bob Schaffer race, where recent polls show Udall, a Democrat, with a wide lead. Colorado's days as a battleground state for the Nov. 4 election may be waning.

McCain, who trails Barack Obama by an average of 5 percentage points in Colorado polls, this week bought a total of $305,550 worth of ads at KUSA-Channel 9, KCNC-Channel 4 and KMGH-Channel 7, according to records. That is a 46 percent decrease from the week before and a 56 percent slide from two weeks ago.

By the way, Damo and SF, is Musgrave either of your Reps?

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_10788843

Back