Damo, the site...

Yeah, but I seek something that reminds people of politics immediately. There aren't too many symbols that do that. And I think the UN was already taken...

;)

something that reminds them of politics ? How about a picture of a pile of money ?
Maybe behind jail bars ?

you may want to avoid the american flag though if you want to encompass international politics and the politics of other countries. I suggest using some stock photo of an ancient greeck forum, or the palladium or something.

And what's wrong with the parthenon?

We're making copies of plaster of marble of wood! Every new material has it's place and should be treated differently.

Read "The Fountainhead" to understand the above.

I have the "old style" as my default. I think that's much better than the black & grey as a standard. But I agree with WM, the one thing the other site has going is the simplicity of the layout.

You have options here in your profile to view the site in many different ways.

No, check your options. You have choices on how threads are shown, how many will show on each screen, etc. You have many options.

I think he's referring to the backgrounds. Frankly, I don't give two shits, but some of these yougsters, they don't see the big picture for what it is you know?

Is there anything we could do to make it look prettier? Honestly, the only real advantage FP has over this site is that it looks a lot better. This board just looks so very standard and clutterd by comparison. I mean, maybe we could change the colors or something? I'm usually very good with aesthetic design. ;)

Any suggestions?

Please boy, leave the smiley's and tender vaginal yearnings at home. I do realize that this site is somewhat below a person of my caliber, but I'm not going to whine like some silly little bitch over it.

Oh, excuse my language, please.

Is there anything we could do to make it look prettier? Honestly, the only real advantage FP has over this site is that it looks a lot better. This board just looks so very standard and clutterd by comparison. I mean, maybe we could change the colors or something? I'm usually very good with aesthetic design. ;)

Any suggestions?

I suggest that he begin by limiting the size of signatures.

Back