Damo

Not really the point. Sober you are as dumb as any other USC rock/alum. The alcohol actually makes USC grads more intelligent.... or at least a tad funnier.

Damo, please ban this gentleman from posting anymore. His brain is obviously deteriorating and his doctor recommends he give it a rest.

IB1, as soon as you load the page, that image should be stored in your computers cache, and whenever it calls on it again after the first time it should load it back from your hard drive instead of downloading it again.

Do you, by any chance, have your browsers cache turned off?

No to both questions. Java is on and cache works fine. The problem is the way the image is programmed - it sounds like it's java and it cycles through multiple images instead of being just one big-ass image. That would explain why some of them are 1.5 mb and some are 3.5 when I download them.

No to both questions. Java is on and cache works fine. The problem is the way the image is programmed - it sounds like it's java and it cycles through multiple images instead of being just one big-ass image. That would explain why some of them are 1.5 mb and some are 3.5 when I download them.
The image is not java. It is a gif, and absolutely does not effect anybody but you. I don't think it is the image and know it isn't the server. I'm telling you something else is going on. Believe me, if the server was as slow as you describe I wouldn't have the membership I have, nor would I be free of all complaint but yours. When I had the crappy server company I had constant complaints. Yours is the first real complaint since doniston...

Hmm.

Sometimes it's like that for me, sometimes it's not. That's why I think it's a server problem.

Could be on my end, but it doesn't happen anywhere but this site and with that image.

It's working just fine now. For about the last two weeks it's been off and on. My modem died today and it was replaced. I wonder if that explains the improvement.

Is broadband a female musical group ?

The image of the site is a little funky on my Commodore 64 40 char display though.

Back