Darla?

Sehr gutt! I wish I were. Actually, we're having our own little one here, which is good enough.

Thanks, 'wack.

I'm still a bit nervous about Prop.8, but we've got another bottle o' bubbly on ice, just in case.

No way does that pass. It will get crushed in the end.

Sehr gutt! I wish I were. Actually, we're having our own little one here, which is good enough.

Thanks, 'wack.

I'm still a bit nervous about Prop.8, but we've got another bottle o' bubbly on ice, just in case.

It's at 57%!

Then I look at the abortion thing, which is at 54%...

The preliminary results are hopefully far off. It would be a great day for America if Prop 8 failed.

You 'round anywhere? Your long-lost-not-so-secret admirer pings.

:)

I missed you.

And yes, I finally allowed myself to believe. i will never forget, as long as I live, the moment they called Ohio for Obama. I had crashed because that Maddow and Todd were trash talking about VA, and Todd said the map was looking more and more like 2000 and 04, and I was just like, oh shit...and then not five minutes later, they broke in and called Ohio and I knew that was it. A beautiful night. From 1968 to 2008, a true arc of history.

So glad you are here.

I missed you.

And yes, I finally allowed myself to believe. i will never forget, as long as I live, the moment they called Ohio for Obama. I had crashed because that Maddow and Todd were trash talking about VA, and Todd said the map was looking more and more like 2000 and 04, and I was just like, oh shit...and then not five minutes later, they broke in and called Ohio and I knew that was it. A beautiful night. From 1968 to 2008, a true arc of history.

So glad you are here.

Same here! I overheard Gergen saying something like "we can't say President McCain yet, but...", and then some other guy comparing the exit polls to the fiasco of '04, then Todd talking about VA, and my whole mood just sank. Then, within what seemed like minutes, they called OH and I knew it was done.

How was the party? Was there any smoke for that shoulder pain?

Same here! I overheard Gergen saying something like "we can't say President McCain yet, but...", and then some other guy comparing the exit polls to the fiasco of '04, then Todd talking about VA, and my whole mood just sank. Then, within what seemed like minutes, they called OH and I knew it was done.

How was the party? Was there any smoke for that shoulder pain?

No, no one brought it, I couldn't believe it. But I drank a lot of champagne and it feels a lot better right now, so it's ok.

I didn't hear Gergen say that Onceler, that would have really put me over the edge. What a night though.

"What a night though. "

Incredible. Much moreso than I thought it might be. The whole history of the moment thing really hit me tonight, particulary what this must mean for African Americans, but also for America in general. It's like the greatest comeback ever (not election-wise, but nation-wise). I can only imagine what the rest of the world is feeling right now, and it's really cool to feel proud about one of our elections.

Great speech, too...

Tiana's boyfriend Olberman said this was man on the moon history and he is right. I actually lived at the time when America overcame it's history and elected a good man who happens to be black.

I missed you.

So glad you are here.
Woo hoo! There you are!

Hey, I like the avatar. Very Jerry Garcia. :p

I'm plotzed: I make no bones about it. A couple bottles of Mumms NV Blanc de Noir will do that to you. Yep, even me. Well, okay, there was the cider before hand.

*hic*

I know it doesn't resonate so much out there on the right coast, but think good thoughts about Cali prop. 8 turning the corner. If we win this one -- that is, if the proposition loses -- then the f*ckwads will have a MAJOR setback to set atop the Obama parade float.

We can still hope.

Miss you much, doll. Yeah, I shouldn't call you "doll" but, like I say, I'm plotzed. Gimme a break. The last few months have been a small slice of hell yet, paradoxically, very satisfying too. It's more than slightly serendipitous that we're coming out of it just when our long national nightmare is at an end.

:cof1:

Enjoy! These moments don't come often enough. We'll talk tomorrow.

Back