Day of reckoning in stock market.

Chapdog

Abreast of the situations
With all these banks going bust the sentiment is pretty bad right now. Hold on to your hats.

Dont shoot yourself or throw self off a building. Money is not that important.

My neighbor plans to start doing his banking at First State Bank of Sealy Posturpedic.

But then, he doesn't even have a GED.

One thing i know for sure.. Fidelity is very safe right now. I worked there for 8+years and am getting tons of calls right now to come back. You see they are a private company and have a HUGE fund they accumulated for Opportune times in the market.

My bet is they buy some of these assets.

I have been with Bank of America for years now. I see them buying these companies. At least they have the money to spend.

But I haven't looked at my 401k in a month or so.

I have all investment accounts at fidelity. Stock options at USB and then for checking and small savings under 10k at Bank Of A and Sovereign.

I just bought 700 Shares of WaMu last week when it went under $2.00. I'm betting they get bought out or they whether the storm. They have plenty of capital. The stock price is just based on fear. Play money might make me rich? Ehhh, doubt it, but it might at least pay for my honeymoon.

I just bought 700 Shares of WaMu last week when it went under $2.00. I'm betting they get bought out or they whether the storm. They have plenty of capital. The stock price is just based on fear. Play money might make me rich? Ehhh, doubt it, but it might at least pay for my honeymoon.

Indybank had plenty of capital as well...

WaMu is likely to go down and file Chapter 11.

WaMu owns a ton of bad debt that still hasn't come to the fore in the guise of loans you could "choose your payment" on, those ones begin coming due near the end of this year.

I think you may be betting on a ghost, but at least you got them cheaply.

digdave....

Didn't you buy when it was at $4 and tell us to hold long term as well???

LOL a lot of stock investors on here time things perfectly i noticed. I for one dont and thats why i still work and not in the investment side of finance.

LOL a lot of stock investors on here time things perfectly i noticed. I for one dont and thats why i still work and not in the investment side of finance.

Don't fight the trend. Good policy, but even I get caught up in the ....'no friggin way it goes lower as it has disconnected from fundamentals' type of sentiment.

UNG was at 63, plunged to 41.... as nat gas prices came down almost 35%.... so naturally... I buy. UNG proceeds to 32. Oops. Though I did buy some calls at 34 to help on the upswing.... which means of course that UNG will be at 12 here shortly. :)

Don't fight the trend. Good policy, but even I get caught up in the ....'no friggin way it goes lower as it has disconnected from fundamentals' type of sentiment.

UNG was at 63, plunged to 41.... as nat gas prices came down almost 35%.... so naturally... I buy. UNG proceeds to 32. Oops. Though I did buy some calls at 34 to help on the upswing.... which means of course that UNG will be at 12 here shortly. :)

tho i am averaged down to the 8's in ESLR i have WAY to much money in it and its down in 5's and dropping like a rock.. all because they got financing deal from Lehman and tho I know for certain LEA failer doesn't effect the deal.. people are confused.. and confusion/uncertainty is a sell.

Guess i really am LONG TERM on eslr now.

But on the good side perhaps people can affor to heat their homes with natgas this winter.

I was told by a poster that buy low sell hi, is what the hi-IQ people are doing? Do you know anything about that? It sounds like daring advice, I am not sure what to make of it?

I was told by a poster that buy low sell hi, is what the hi-IQ people are doing? Do you know anything about that? It sounds like daring advice, I am not sure what to make of it?

It is daring and you must live like a gambler prepared to lose what you put in. Natgas will be impacted by more production from more drilling. Also when Palins pipeline comes into play it will tend to keep the price down.

Natgas was artificially inflated by speculation just like oil .

Back