Dear Patriot!

You keep declaring yourself the winner but the truth speaks otherwise.
negative, ghost rider. I've soundly trounced you on it 7 out of 10 times, or thereabouts.

War hasn't officially been formally declared since WW2. Why are you complaining about it now? Besides, the WOT was authorized by Congress: "Joint resolution to authorize the use of United States Armed Forces against those responsible for the recent attacks launched against the United States." http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/PLAW-107publ40/content-detail.html
I'm pretty sure that somewhere there was a ruling about vague laws were unconstitutional. that declaration is pretty damned vague.

The Constitution guarantees the rights of American citizens, not the rights of those we are at war with.
The constitution charges the government with protecting the rights of 'we the people' and does not say 'american citizens'. The constitution also is a limiation on the governments powers. It does not authorize them to declare who is an enemy combatant or a domestic terrorist. If it did, then the TEA party members in Pennsylvania have been declared terrorists.

negative, ghost rider. I've soundly trounced you on it 7 out of 10 times, or thereabouts.

I'm pretty sure that somewhere there was a ruling about vague laws were unconstitutional. that declaration is pretty damned vague.

The constitution charges the government with protecting the rights of 'we the people' and does not say 'american citizens'. The constitution also is a limiation on the governments powers. It does not authorize them to declare who is an enemy combatant or a domestic terrorist. If it did, then the TEA party members in Pennsylvania have been declared terrorists.
Wow how pitiful: repeat your claim ad nauseum; claim a joint act of Congress is vague but not how or if it matters; top it off with a ridiculous claim that an American Constitutional Convention can make laws for citizens of the world. :palm:

Wow how pitiful: repeat your claim ad nauseum; claim a joint act of Congress is vague but not how or if it matters; top it off with a ridiculous claim that an American Constitutional Convention can make laws for citizens of the world. :palm:

this is why you lose the constitutional debates. you still don't get that the constitution was written to limit the federal governments actions and powers. You still seem to think that it was written to define what we the people can and cannot do. you lose. again.

I'm all for Congress having to make an official declaration of war, but does anyone honestly think our postwar conflicts would have gone any differently had Congress gone by the book?

Back