Deep Cuts

• Thread starter Thread starter Cancel5
  • Start date Start date
C

Cancel5

Gates is truly going to make drastic changes to the DoD!

He is scraping the F-22 program, 187 planes is enough of that loser!

Congress is going to yell and scream at some of his decisions, but I back Gates all the way on this!

He has turned out to be a real asset to this country!

And Bush appointed him!

The F-22 was just a bad idea.

Congress likes to show off things like new ships and unnecessarily large fleets, but we already have way more than necessary than to deter even the second nation on the list, or any conceivable combination of them. The Joint Strike Fighter was a better idea, and we should put our money into that, because it's much more flexible.

The F-22 was just a bad idea.

Congress likes to show off things like new ships and unnecessarily large fleets, but we already have way more than necessary than to deter even the second nation on the list, or any conceivable combination of them. The Joint Strike Fighter was a better idea, and we should put our money into that, because it's much more flexible.

In addition to his various other job titles, Watermark is a aerospace weapons expert.

As a sidenote, I think this is the first time I have ever seen a liberal post "Deep Cuts!" and mean that it was a good thing.

Gates is truly going to make drastic changes to the DoD!

He is scraping the F-22 program, 187 planes is enough of that loser!

Congress is going to yell and scream at some of his decisions, but I back Gates all the way on this!

He has turned out to be a real asset to this country!

And Bush appointed him!

Indeed. Get rid of jets, nukes, star wars. A better dawn!

You know what? Why stop at those, just throw defense budget out and bring the troops home. How many trillions of trillions would we save?

You know what? Why stop at those, just throw defense budget out and bring the troops home. How many trillions of trillions would we save?

Just think how well our borders would be protected and how well we would be able to respond to emergencies once again.

We have focused too long on others and not enough on ourselves.
I am not a total isolationist, but I do think we need to step back and heal ourselves.

Just think how well our borders would be protected and how well we would be able to respond to emergencies once again.

We have focused too long on others and not enough on ourselves.
I am not a total isolationist, but I do think we need to step back and heal ourselves.

I am myself an isolationist at heart, but without US military presence, the Mideast, Balkans, and Southeast Asia would likely all meltdown...

Also, the reason for the F-22 project is that the F-15 and F-16 are 1970s era designs, and the DoD wants to upgrade them to the 21st Century. Consider that on 9/11, the Air Defense Sectors of NORAD (I work at one) were using a radar system that was technologically equivilent to 1950s radar technology and had been installed at the sectors in 1983. It was also designed exclusively for Cold War scenarios. Since 9/11, the technology has exploded into the new age, and my unit is currently having its third replacement operating system developed.

Why do we have to be the only ones? It is my problem with it. i understand the ME being a pressure cooker, but come on, don't other countries have an interest?

Why do we have to be the only ones? It is my problem with it. i understand the ME being a pressure cooker, but come on, don't other countries have an interest?

Actually, Europe and Asia both have a HUGE interest in Mideast stability. You see, we import 70% of our oil from Canada and an additional 20-25% from Venezuela. It is just the richest and finest grade of oil that is left over which comes from Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, etc. However, we are indirectly reliant on Mideast stability/oil, because the world market is tied to it, and it would collapse our distributers if it fell apart.

But Europe sucks. You know that they did nothing in response to the Balkans during the 90s, and so you can expect them to be just as worthless in containing the Mideast and protecting countries such as Kuwait, and stabilizing other such as Syria and Saudi Arabia, and so forth... Which pisses me off, and adds to the reasons why I hate Europe.

Actually, Europe and Asia both have a HUGE interest in Mideast stability. You see, we import 70% of our oil from Canada and an additional 20-25% from Venezuela. It is just the richest and finest grade of oil that is left over which comes from Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, etc. However, we are indirectly reliant on Mideast stability/oil, because the world market is tied to it, and it would collapse our distributers if it fell apart.

But Europe sucks. You know that they did nothing in response to the Balkans during the 90s, and so you can expect them to be just as worthless in containing the Mideast and protecting countries such as Kuwait, and stabilizing other such as Syria and Saudi Arabia, and so forth... Which pisses me off, and adds to the reasons why I hate Europe.

A load of dead British soldiers say "Thanks".

You guys shouldn't ever fight in any war involving America again, IMHO, with the load of respect you get from these morons.

If it were up to me, or if we had some degree of democratic decision making, we'd have at least questioned why we keep following American Presidents into an endless procession of wars which are, at best, disadvantageous to our own interests and at worse mindlessly self-destructive.

Back