Democrat Congresswoman Defaults On Home

True. Which, again, doesn't change my opinion. It isn't like she couldn't afford to pay what she agreed to pay no a Congressional salary. And if the house wasn't worth that much she shouldn't have agreed to pay that much.

It is true that she may have bankrupted herself while running for congress. I could see that. There might be a reason for it other than what we are surmising here.

I think the likely reason for her to quit paying the mortgage is that she likely took out loans against her other home in Long Beach to pay for her congressional campaign and had to decide which house she was going to keep.

I think the likely reason for her to quit paying the mortgage is that she likely took out loans against her other home in Long Beach to pay for her congressional campaign and had to decide which house she was going to keep.
Probably. That just makes it sad to me for a different reason. Too bad she couldn't rent it out and make an income on it...

She bought this house in jan 2007. Her boss then died and someone was needed to fill the seat. She had a small business and probably has never run for office before. She ran and the economy tanked at the same time.

Not really. There was a time that people's word meant something. Even without the contract that they sign.

Yes, many do this. It is still sad.

Yeah like the pension promises of the big corps ?

Or the tales of WMD's and a short victorious war in Iraq, thei oil money paying for rebuilding, etc ?

Yep it is sad that a persons/corporations word means little now.

how about "pathetic" over sad?

Once again, you have someone spending beyond their means to the detriment of their home. What's equally pathetic is that this person has votes on how federal monies are appropiated. And what pisses me (and actually touches a nerve believe or not) is that everyone else who takes out a mortgage is going to have to make up for this as banks continue to widen their interest rate margins.

I'm sorry but if you're gainfully employed and just chose to spend your money elsewhere in the absense of a medical condition or some other life threatening situation, you are pathetic and deserve no help, no aid, no sympathy, and certainly not a fvcking tax break.

Once again, you have someone spending beyond their means to the detriment of their home. What's equally pathetic is that this person has votes on how federal monies are appropiated. And what pisses me (and actually touches a nerve believe or not) is that everyone else who takes out a mortgage is going to have to make up for this as banks continue to widen their interest rate margins.

I'm sorry but if you're gainfully employed and just chose to spend your money elsewhere in the absense of a medical condition or some other life threatening situation, you are pathetic and deserve no help, no aid, no sympathy, and certainly not a fvcking tax break.
QFT. Thank you.

That's harsh.

I think I want to take that back.

It's smart. That's how you get ahead in life.

It's smart. That's how you get ahead in life.

True. Defaulting on your obligations and then passing legislation so that the rest us will eventually have to pick up the slack for her upscale foreclosure.

Back