Democrats convicted of election fraud

it wont be an issue if they all have id's..if anything the absentee (republican) votes will become more of a pain as u will have to pre-register with an id somehow.

But it is an issue because they don't have IDs. That's the point. In Indiana, only 83% of Democrats had IDs that would allow them to vote.

I'd also point out, again, that there is little evidence of voter fraud of the type that voter ID laws are designed to stop. Why disenfranchise 17% of Democrats if there is no real reason to do so? Because disenfranchising Democrats is the whole point.

Mindfuck for superfiscal thinkers.

American elections need to give away door prizes to get Americans to the polls as it is.

But it is an issue because they don't have IDs. That's the point. In Indiana, only 83% of Democrats had IDs that would allow them to vote.

I'd also point out, again, that there is little evidence of voter fraud of the type that voter ID laws are designed to stop. Why disenfranchise 17% of Democrats if there is no real reason to do so? Because disenfranchising Democrats is the whole point.

As he stated, we foot the bill for those that do not currently have an ID. Why is that so hard for you to understand? GET them the ID. Then you don't have 17% of Dems without an ID.

Now I shall await the 3000 excuses as to why they would be unable to get the ID even if it is free to them....

well it doesn't have to be intense.. kind of like a rolling set up.. next election if u dont have an id you have pic taken and one is sent to you for the next time. You are still allowed to vote during that election.. Make it ongoing for like 8years or something.

what issue do u have with this if it doesn't effect there ability to vote that day.. and they are provided with an id without having to do aditional work.

As he stated, we foot the bill for those that do not currently have an ID. Why is that so hard for you to understand? GET them the ID. Then you don't have 17% of Dems without an ID.

Now I shall await the 3000 excuses as to why they would be unable to get the ID even if it is free to them....

No need to come up with 3,000 excuses, the fact of the matter is that the Indiana law provides for free IDs but the real world results show that people still don't have them.

Again, I ask the fundamental question: why require IDs when there is little evidence of the types of fraud that IDs are designed to prevent when we know that it will disproportionately disenfranchise Democratic voters?

well it doesn't have to be intense.. kind of like a rolling set up.. next election if u dont have an id you have pic taken and one is sent to you for the next time. You are still allowed to vote during that election.. Make it ongoing for like 8years or something.

what issue do u have with this if it doesn't effect there ability to vote that day.. and they are provided with an id without having to do aditional work.

Chap - No one anywhere in the United States is proposing a law like that. No one. So the choice isn't between your perfect-everyone-gets-to-vote law and no voter ID requirement. The present choice is between restrictive voter ID laws that disproportionately disenfranchise democratic voters and no stringent ID laws.

No need to come up with 3,000 excuses, the fact of the matter is that the Indiana law provides for free IDs but the real world results show that people still don't have them.

Again, I ask the fundamental question: why require IDs when there is little evidence of the types of fraud that IDs are designed to prevent when we know that it will disproportionately disenfranchise Democratic voters?

If the state provides the IDs for free and people don't have them, then whom shall we blame for them not having the IDs?

So it is not the state or the laws that disenfranchise the Dems....it is the voters that are not getting the free IDs.... WHY? Why do they not get the free IDs when they know they will need them to vote? That is apathy on their part, not disenfranchising.

Also, you are correct that the ID will not solve the problems of intimidation etc... that both parties use, but it will help solve the issue of fraud... which does indeed occur.

So take step one... mandatory that a photo ID be presented to vote.

Then go to step two.... make the penalty (if convicted) for intimidation etc... so severe that it either deters many from practicing it or puts them away for a long time.

at a bare bones minimum they should require signature upon presenting self with no id at the polls and then conformation be sent to address of the voter.

If the state provides the IDs for free and people don't have them, then whom shall we blame for them not having the IDs?

So it is not the state or the laws that disenfranchise the Dems....it is the voters that are not getting the free IDs.... WHY? Why do they not get the free IDs when they know they will need them to vote? That is apathy on their part, not disenfranchising.

Also, you are correct that the ID will not solve the problems of intimidation etc... that both parties use, but it will help solve the issue of fraud... which does indeed occur.

So take step one... mandatory that a photo ID be presented to vote.

Then go to step two.... make the penalty (if convicted) for intimidation etc... so severe that it either deters many from practicing it or puts them away for a long time.

I can't answer the question of why they don't have the IDs. The bottom line is that they don't have them and therefore cannot vote. There are any number of reason why they don't have them.

Again, though, voter fraud of the type the ID laws are designed to prevent seldom occurs. It is exceedingly rare. Look it up. Claims of voter fraud are always vastly overstated and rarely amount to any fraud at all.

Lets go one step further on the election stuff.
Make knowingly misleading the public on a political rival a felony.

im not saying its a major or minor problem in terms of voter fraud. but there is something wrong with being able to vote without proving yourself a citizen.

are other democratic countries like this? i walk into my voting precinct and say im Chapdog and they check my name off and i vote. thats crazy.

im not saying its a major or minor problem in terms of voter fraud. but there is something wrong with being able to vote without proving yourself a citizen.

are other democratic countries like this? i walk into my voting precinct and say im Chapdog and they check my name off and i vote. thats crazy.

Chap - The requirements come at registration time. You first have to register to be eligible to vote.

Then how sane is it to be able to mail your vote in?

Chappy - A study was done in Indiana, the state with the most stringent voter ID laws in the country, which found that the folks most likely to be adversely impacted by the voter ID law were 1) minorities, 2) low-income folks and 3) the elderly. Those three categories just happen to be the three most likely to vote Democratic. The folks most likely to have ID sufficient for use at the polls were 1) whites, 2) middle aged and 3) high-income folks. These three categories just so happen to be the three groups most likely to vote Republican.

Coincidence?

See the study here (pdf warning):

http://depts.washington.edu/uwiser/documents/Indiana_voter.pdf

As an aside how is it middle aged voters have ID but the elderly don't? Do people lose their ID when they get old? My grandma is 85 and is having to move into a old folk community. It would be harder for her to get to the DMV or somewhere else to get an ID than someone younger but she could still do it.

Back