Dems Run From Intel Report

toby

The dems are running for cover after Bush announces that he will release the intel report, NOW they want it behind closed doors.

>House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi asked her colleagues Tuesday to close the House's doors for a highly unusual secret session to discuss a classified intelligence analysis on global terrorism

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/09/26/D8KCM0E80.html

The dems are running for cover after Bush announces that he will release the intel report, NOW they want it behind closed doors.

>House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi asked her colleagues Tuesday to close the House's doors for a highly unusual secret session to discuss a classified intelligence analysis on global terrorism

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/09/26/D8KCM0E80.html

didnt rread the other artical did you

"Both the chairman and the top Democrat on the Senate Intelligence Committee have urged the White House to release the material"

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/09/26/D8KCL1PG0.html

Once again they leaked their October surprise too early and now they have to bury it fast.

actually, the TRUTH is that Pelosi has had this meeting scheduled for a few days now....heard that on the news yesterday....BEFORE president bush's announcement and decision to do such.....this morning....

did politics change bush's mind about having this document classified as top secret....

i'd venture to say YES.

pretty sad that ''things'' can so easily be ''dismissed'' as TOP SECRET/CLASSIFIED, when it is to the BENEFIT of the administration....huh?

Why were only the parts supporting anti Bush leaked? Guess that was not partisan. Now the dems want it behind closed doors. Could it be that the real report says something else? LOL We have got to stop this partisanship BS and get to the point of the conflict. The dems have to get off the hate Bush more than they love the country track.

actually, the TRUTH is that Pelosi has had this meeting scheduled for a few days now....heard that on the news yesterday....BEFORE president bush's announcement and decision to do such.....this morning....

did politics change bush's mind about having this document classified as top secret....

i'd venture to say YES.

pretty sad that ''things'' can so easily be ''dismissed'' as TOP SECRET/CLASSIFIED, when it is to the BENEFIT of the administration....huh?

pretty sad that ''things'' can so easily be ''dismissed'' as TOP SECRET/CLASSIFIED, when it is to the BENEFIT of the administration....huh

and vise versa, its pretty scarry also when people decide too leek top secret info for political reason's aginst the admin. if they leeked it for our safty they would have leeked the whole thing, but they didnt.. makes it political, dose it not ?

Pelosi looses bid to see entire report to see if it can ALL be declassified.

Pelosi looses bid to see entire report to see if it can ALL be declassified.
Some of it must pertain to actual field agents who would be in danger if released. It is playing politics with people's lives.

The dems now want it behind closed doors, they didn't mind the half leaks, they just don't want it all put out. Wonder why? Could it be that it doesn't support the line they want to go with? LOL

Some of it must pertain to actual field agents who would be in danger if released. It is playing politics with people's lives.

The reason to have a closed door session would be to look at the report and discuss what parts should remain classified for such reasons, instead of just trusting the Bush administration to redact only the sensative materal.

The dems now want it behind closed doors, they didn't mind the half leaks, they just don't want it all put out. Wonder why? Could it be that it doesn't support the line they want to go with? LOL

No, they just dont trust Bush to release only PART of the report.

They dont trust him that the part that would remain classified would be only the parts that are too sensative. They fear he would only declassify the part that is good for him.

The report shoudl be declassified/edited by a trustworthy bi partisan group. Only problem is I am not sure one exists ;)

Fair enought Bush releases the report and they can have the closed door meeting. I have no problem with that. To bad they didn't do that first.

The report shoudl be declassified/edited by a trustworthy bi partisan group. Only problem is I am not sure one exists ;)

You question the existence of such a group as well. I think we should give a copy to O'Reilly and a copy to Olberman and let the Cherie-"O" boys tell us what it says.........at the same time.:)

Yeah I think both sides suck. but I do lean a bit to the left. That is only to lean against the greater suction generated by the right.

Just block everything out but names...

WAY too often national secutiry is used to hide politically damaging reports.

Often the information itself can point to an agent in the field. If, as in Terrorist groups, they are careful to disseminate information to few it can become apparent just by releasing information without names who the agent is. People can lose their lives. Humint isn't a game.

Often the information itself can point to an agent in the field. If, as in Terrorist groups, they are careful to disseminate information to few it can become apparent just by releasing information without names who the agent is. People can lose their lives. Humint isn't a game.

good point

Back