Dems to give bush $70B more for war

also some DR's need to be sued. All are not good.

Agreed, but many doctors are being driven out of practice by skyrocketing malpractice insurance costs, which means less supply and higher prices for healthcare - which is what we got.

Trial lawyers are one of the very few areas that need regulation, because there is no free market with them, what decides how mega a millionaire they are is just finding the right place in America to launch a lawsuit where the jury has the biggest hate towards companies.
Things need to go the other way, and the trial lawyers need to embrace that too, because if/when government takes over with universal healthcare, good luck to them in suing government.

I'm gonna get flamed for this, but if it's Rudy/Hillary, I vote for Bloomberg in a heartbeat if he's running 3rd party.

Truth is, pulling the lever for any of those 3 would be brutal. I sincerely hope the primary voters can give us better options in the next few months.

And you're right, Cypress - I am gloomy! The American electorate has given me very little reason for optimism with their choices in recent history...

Get yourself a big bottle of Baileys, they have the larger ones in the stores now, and start drinking. That’s how I’ve decided to handle the whole mess, through the holidays anyway. Between being afraid to add up receipts, trying to get everywhere I have to be, and who the idiotic dems are going to nominate, possibly before January is over, there really was no other way to enjoy the Christmas season.

Get yourself a big bottle of Baileys, they have the larger ones in the stores now, and start drinking. That’s how I’ve decided to handle the whole mess, through the holidays anyway. Between being afraid to add up receipts, trying to get everywhere I have to be, and who the idiotic dems are going to nominate, possibly before January is over, there really was no other way to enjoy the Christmas season.

Best advice of the day! Coolest thing about Baileys is that you can mix it with the morning coffee, and no one is the wiser...

The baby boomers and senior Democrats are supporting Hillary, so based on the demographics of this site, your only hope of conversion is topspin.

Agreed, but many doctors are being driven out of practice by skyrocketing malpractice insurance costs, which means less supply and higher prices for healthcare - which is what we got.

Trial lawyers are one of the very few areas that need regulation, because there is no free market with them, what decides how mega a millionaire they are is just finding the right place in America to launch a lawsuit where the jury has the biggest hate towards companies.
Things need to go the other way, and the trial lawyers need to embrace that too, because if/when government takes over with universal healthcare, good luck to them in suing government.

oh that old tired myth.
Medical costs are rising because the medical industry is making more money.

total medical malpractice costs are under 5%, so why are the costs going up 10% or so a year.

Last edited:
oh that old tired myth.
Medical costs are rising because the medical industry is making more money.

total medical malpractice costs are under 5%, so why are the costs going up 10% or so a year.
You mean costs as in recorded costs like payouts? They still have to have lawyers to pay even when they successfully defend themselves or if the lawsuit is dropped.
They still have more money to pay to documentation and litigation teams to ensure that they word their agreements well enough to avoid ridiculous lawsuits.
With government more involved they have PR, lobbying and other BS they now have to pay for to defend themselves.

I've heard the long-running simplistic argument that they are just raising malpractice insurance because they are after profit, if that were true why is it we have not seen any rises in life insurance, why don't they fleece people there?
And this is besides the obvious point that with natural competition prices go downward away from mega-profit.

One big solution is to regulate lawsuits, another though is to reduce regulations so that healthcare insurance provider's can compete in different states thereby increasing competition.

I'm gonna get flamed for this, but if it's Rudy/Hillary, I vote for Bloomberg in a heartbeat if he's running 3rd party.

Truth is, pulling the lever for any of those 3 would be brutal. I sincerely hope the primary voters can give us better options in the next few months.

And you're right, Cypress - I am gloomy! The American electorate has given me very little reason for optimism with their choices in recent history...

Must be that brutal east coast winter weather! Cheer up, I don't think Hillary's going to win. And I think the tide has turned on the conservatives. :)

You mean costs as in recorded costs like payouts? They still have to have lawyers to pay even when they successfully defend themselves or if the lawsuit is dropped.
They still have more money to pay to documentation and litigation teams to ensure that they word their agreements well enough to avoid ridiculous lawsuits.
With government more involved they have PR, lobbying and other BS they now have to pay for to defend themselves.

I've heard the long-running simplistic argument that they are just raising malpractice insurance because they are after profit, if that were true why is it we have not seen any rises in life insurance, why don't they fleece people there?
And this is besides the obvious point that with natural competition prices go downward away from mega-profit.

One big solution is to regulate lawsuits, another though is to reduce regulations so that healthcare insurance provider's can compete in different states thereby increasing competition.

or another soloution, the healthcare industry can clean up it's act and kick out the bad Doctors.
And we all know how well self regualting industries do their self regulation.

Back