Deon is Getting His Butt Kicked

What I would ultimately care about is job performance, and as far as that goes, Deion has already improved Colorado from the prior year, so I say he's doing fine so far. Personality is just what it is; some will like it, others will hate it.

He has completely turned that program around.

Your disdain for a successful black man is noted.

My brother in law coached his oldest son in pewee legal football. I have been to a few of the games. Deon is a total ass.

I did tell my brother in law he ruined the oldest brother's future in football :laugh:

Now admittedly Sanders isn't everyone's cup of tea, but not surprising in the least you don't like him. The irony is he's a man of God and preaches dedication, commitment and hard work. He's basically old school in his values. But because he's a confident black man who wears a gold cross that offends someone such as yourself.

I've gotten into discussions/arguments on the USC board with a couple of black posters who claim leading SEC schools would never hire Deion because they can't control him and basically share your attitude. I think they would hire him because he's a winner. But if there folks in power who share your (racial) attitudes then he won't.

I love Deion. He’s a former Cowboy…and what you said. Sometimes I’d like a little more humility but I get that’s not part of his make-up … and he’s probably more successful because it isn’t. But everything else…old school coaching, values, etc. I applaud. I was even ok with the purge. I mean, I feel for some of the young men who were left looking for a college at which to play football, but I’m guessing they didn’t have the “right” answers to his questions.

I wish him all the success in the world … except if he ever plays my Sooners…lol.

And … I also think there are SEC teams who would hire him. Hope he stays at Colorado for a spell though.

Back