Dereliction of Duty

The super hypocrite surfaces again.....imagine if a Republican said he voted or didn't vote for something because a committee told him to...or maybe his aides told him how to vote or his wife....its all the same thing...
only a lazy idiot votes the way someone tells him how to vote...or a democrat...

and only a fellow Dem is hypocrite enough to defend it....

I would have absolutely ZERO problem with ANY senator from either party who said that he made up his mind about a judicial appointee based upon briefings from senators from his party who serve on the judiciary committee. I KNOW that is how it works and has always worked. For anyone to suggest otherwise is absolutely silly. Expecting senators with NO training in the law to read nearly 200 decisions written by Sotomayor is idiotic. They have important work in their OWN committees to deal with.

bravo never took civics, I guess.

too bad.

I would have absolutely ZERO problem with ANY senator from either party who said that he made up his mind about a judicial appointee based upon briefings from senators from his party who serve on the judiciary committee. I KNOW that is how it works and has always worked. For anyone to suggest otherwise is absolutely silly. Expecting senators with NO training in the law to read nearly 200 decisions written by Sotomayor is idiotic. They have important work in their OWN committees to deal with.

bravo never took civics, I guess.

too bad.

Bullshit..no one has to read 200 decisions....just some of the ones she was overturned on....well, maybe not all of them, (thats 0ver 60% of her decisions)....how about only 5 of the contraversial ones...might take a whole hour or two....
Too much to ask of a useless pinhead that makes up their minds by way of the D beside her name....same as you .... a hack

Bullshit..no one has to read 200 decisions....just some of the ones she was overturned on....well, maybe not all of them, (thats 0ver 60% of her decisions)....how about only 5 of the contraversial ones...might take a whole hour or two....
Too much to ask of a useless pinhead that makes up their minds by way of the D beside her name....same as you .... a hack

like I said, that's not how it works...on either side. Both sides will get in-depth briefings from their committee members.

whine all you like, but that is just the way it is done...by BOTH parties.

like I said, that's not how it works...on either side. Both sides will get in-depth briefings from their committee members.

whine all you like, but that is just the way it is done...by BOTH parties.

Democrat Briefing on Sotomeyor:
* She is liberal and breathing.
* She is Latino and female.
* Obama picked her.
* Nothing else matters.
* Who's buying the drinks?

No, that wasn't the way it was when Bush was being obstructed on his picks. The Judiciary Committee wouldn't even allow an up or down vote!

WINNING elections justifies governing the way YOU want to and not worrying too much what the LOSERS have to say about it.

sorry....better luck next election cycle.

until then, whine in the wilderness.
Stop whining that I expose your hypocrisy.

False. Apparently it's too much for conservatives to spend five minutes checking rush's claims.

Q: What percentage of Sonia Sotomayor's opinions have been overturned by the U.S. Supreme Court? Have Judge Sotomayor's decisions really been overturned 80 percent of the time as Rush Limbaugh stated on May 26?

A:Three of her appellate opinions have been overturned, which is 1.3 percent of all that she has written and 60 percent of those reviewed by the Supreme Court.

Of the majority opinions that Judge Sonia Sotomayor has authored since becoming an appellate judge in 1998, three of them have been overturned by the Supreme Court.

Our search for appellate opinions by Sotomayor on the LexisNexis database returned 232 cases. That's a reversal rate of 1.3 percent.

But only five of her decisions have been reviewed by the justices. Using five as a denominator, the rate comes out to 60 percent.

http://www.factcheck.org/askfactcheck/what_percentage_of_sonia_sotomayors_opinions_have.html

Stop whining that I expose your hypocrisy.

I'm not whining...I'm laughing my ass off. My party kicked the snot out of your party and that fills me with happiness.

I have worked for the legislature... I know how committees and caucuses work... and democrats and republicans alike will deal with the Sotamayor nomination in identical fashion: the caucuses will be briefed by committee members after the committee hearings and then senators will be free to decide then, or do further research as they chose... and then they'll vote... and then she'll be confirmed.

My guess is that Obama will get two more opportunities this first term to replace SCOTUS judges with young liberals which will go a long ways toward countering the youth of the Roberts/Scalia/Alito/Thomas crowd...

What makes me happy is the incredible failure of your Party's leadership and your spin on it. :)

if you are happy with democrats leading both houses of congress and the executive branch, trust me.... so am I.

I'd bet you some money about the midterms, but given the fact that you have lied your ass off about sending me harassing emails at work, GLOCKMAIL, I realize that you'd never pay up when you lost.

if you are happy with democrats leading both houses of congress and the executive branch, trust me.... so am I.....
I am on record saying that "I hope the Democrats go as hard and fat left as possible' and have not been disappointed. The record unemployment, massive bankruptcies and the impending hyperinflation will destroy the US economy, ensuring a long term the demise of your party. :)

I am on record saying that "I hope the Democrats go as hard and fat left as possible' and have not been disappointed. The record unemployment, massive bankruptcies and the impending hyperinflation will destroy the US economy, ensuring a long term the demise of your party. :)

in your opinion.

enjoy holding onto it... out there in the political wilderness with the rest of the irrelevant republicans.

I agree with souther if that happens to the economy.
But, I think we the American people are better than the harm Obama can do.
we will rock the fuck out of this economy before 2012 and Obama will Obviously get too much credit.

No one's going to rock the fuck out of the economy with massive unemployment, government run car companies, crippling national debt, $2700/ month welfare apartments and hyperinflation. I'm going to check on my garden and to see if my ammunition is still dry after all that rain last night. :)

No one's going to rock the fuck out of the economy with massive unemployment, government run car companies, crippling national debt, $2700/ month welfare apartments and hyperinflation. I'm going to check on my garden and to see if my ammunition is still dry after all that rain last night. :)

That reminds me of a joke:

An old Italian lived alone in New Jersey. He wanted to plant his annual tomato garden, but it was very difficult work, as the ground was hard.

His only son, Vincent, who used to help him, was in prison. The old man wrote a letter to his son and described his predicament:

Dear Vincent,
I am feeling pretty sad, because it looks like I won't be able to plant my tomato garden this year. I'm just getting too old to be digging up a garden plot. I know if you were here my troubles would be over. I know you would be happy to dig the plot for me, like in the old days.
Love,
Papa

A few days later he received a letter from his son.

Dear Pop,
Don't dig up that garden. That's where the bodies are buried.
Love,
Vinnie

At 4 a.m. the next morning, FBI agents and local police arrived and dug up the entire area without finding any bodies. They apologized to the old man and left.

That same day the old man received another letter from his son.

Dear Pop,
Go ahead and plant the tomatoes now. That's the best I could do under the circumstances.

Love you,
Vinnie

A:Three of her appellate opinions have been overturned, which is 1.3 percent of all that she has written and 60 percent of those reviewed by the Supreme Court.

Of the majority opinions that Judge Sonia Sotomayor has authored since becoming an appellate judge in 1998, three of them have been overturned by the Supreme Court.

Our search for appellate opinions by Sotomayor on the LexisNexis database returned 232 cases. That's a reversal rate of 1.3 percent.

But only five of her decisions have been reviewed by the justices. Using five as a denominator, the rate comes out to 60 percent.

Here's the thing, if she were a truly FAIR AND IMPARTIAL judge, and appropriate to represent the views of most Americans, she wouldn't have had ANY decisions overturned, or ANY reviewed! Her decisions would be sound and reasonable and there would be no purpose for review. A truly GREAT justice, would be someone who followed the rule of law and Constitution so vigorously, it couldn't be challenged with review.

So what you have presented is.... Sotomayor has so botched Constitutional interpretations as to cause a review five times and had been found incompetent three times. Yet, she is somehow "qualified" to sit on the highest court in all the land?

Here's the thing, if she were a truly FAIR AND IMPARTIAL judge, and appropriate to represent the views of most Americans, she wouldn't have had ANY decisions overturned, or ANY reviewed! Her decisions would be sound and reasonable and there would be no purpose for review. A truly GREAT justice, would be someone who followed the rule of law and Constitution so vigorously, it couldn't be challenged with review.

So what you have presented is.... Sotomayor has so botched Constitutional interpretations as to cause a review five times and had been found incompetent three times. Yet, she is somehow "qualified" to sit on the highest court in all the land?

that's hilarious. are you willing to use that same standard and examine the appelate decisions of all the conservative judges on SCOTUS?

that's hilarious. are you willing to use that same standard and examine the appelate decisions of all the conservative judges on SCOTUS?

I am sure that is precisely the reason the Democrat-run Judicial Committee didn't even allow an up or down vote on Bush's nominees. And we can go even further back and check Judge Bork's appellate record against Sotomayor, and I'll bet he had fewer cases reviewed and overturned.

You guys have become the Party of Double Standard, whatever applies to Republicans, simply doesn't apply if we're talking about Democrats. Democrats can excuse and get away with not paying taxes, affairs, sex scandals, racist comments, etc. and it's all swept under the rug, unimportant and insignificant to even attempt to discuss it... but let a Republican get caught, and oh... there is hell to pay!

That reminds me of a joke:

An old Italian lived alone in New Jersey. He wanted to plant his annual tomato garden, but it was very difficult work, as the ground was hard.

His only son, Vincent, who used to help him, was in prison. The old man wrote a letter to his son and described his predicament:

Dear Vincent,
I am feeling pretty sad, because it looks like I won't be able to plant my tomato garden this year. I'm just getting too old to be digging up a garden plot. I know if you were here my troubles would be over. I know you would be happy to dig the plot for me, like in the old days.
Love,
Papa

A few days later he received a letter from his son.

Dear Pop,
Don't dig up that garden. That's where the bodies are buried.
Love,
Vinnie

At 4 a.m. the next morning, FBI agents and local police arrived and dug up the entire area without finding any bodies. They apologized to the old man and left.

That same day the old man received another letter from his son.

Dear Pop,
Go ahead and plant the tomatoes now. That's the best I could do under the circumstances.

Love you,
Vinnie

That's what you call plotting a garden!

prove it or retract it.

I just made the casual comment that I bet Bork had fewer cases reviewed and overturned. I didn't state that as a fact, I don't know what the fact is. But since you want to challenge what I said, I did some research, and I can't find a single case where the SCOTUS overturned a Bork decision, so he had ZERO to Sotomayor's THREE. I don't know how many of his decisions have been reviewed and upheld.

So here's what you need to do, if you want to challenge what I said, go find where Bork had at least 3 decisions overturned and at least 5 reviewed, that will prove I was incorrect and I will apologize. If you can't produce that, I will be expecting an apology from you for making the challenge.

Back