Desantis on tariffs? (real maga), culture war distraction

Cheaper does not mean the same thing as better. If it did we would not need different words for them.

Flash used 'cheaper' to mean 'better'...in other words, that we NEED China because it's products are cheaper.

He completely failed to consider OTHER cheaper sources (including domestic ones!). He is just lumping ALL products are cheaper from China. That is essentially saying that China is better.

Tarriffs are money, and they cost every American who uses a particular product. They have no benefit to any American.

Blatant lie. If I buy a product that is under tariff from China, I can also buy that same product from a different country or even from here (domestically). You are making the same mistake Flash does.

Flash used 'cheaper' to mean 'better'...in other words, that we NEED China because it's products are cheaper.

He completely failed to consider OTHER cheaper sources (including domestic ones!). He is just lumping ALL products are cheaper from China. That is essentially saying that China is better.

I would say that we need choices, because China's products are cheap, you can interchange that with "crap" if you'd like.

DeSantis allowed room for Trump to use tariffs to convince China to lower theirs. Basically saying that it would be a good thing if we use it to get China to allow more of our stuff into China, it would be junk if all we're doing is tariffs and we get nothing out of it...

You can pretend that it meant "better" if you want. I just will continue to point out that "Better" and "Cheaper" are not synonymous words.

^argument of a moron fallacy

these things are not mutually exclusive - they are laws that concern economic policy

There is no such thing as 'economic policy'. Only laws like tariffs, CPSC laws, etc.
The economy is not a 'policy'. Only fascists and communists believe that.

Blatant lie. If I buy a product that is under tariff from China, I can also buy that same product from a different country or even from here (domestically). You are making the same mistake Flash does.

Yes you may, just may, be able to buy a similar product domestically but will pay a higher price.

I would say that we need choices, because China's products are cheap, you can interchange that with "crap" if you'd like.
This is a compositional error fallacy. Not all of China's products are 'crap' (though a lot of it is).
DeSantis allowed room for Trump to use tariffs to convince China to lower theirs.
Meh.
Basically saying that it would be a good thing if we use it to get China to allow more of our stuff into China, it would be junk if all we're doing is tariffs and we get nothing out of it...
Every tariff has a reason behind it (even if it's a bad reason).
You can pretend that it meant "better" if you want.
Contextomy fallacy. It is Flash (and others) that want to make that relation. Not me.
I just will continue to point out that "Better" and "Cheaper" are not synonymous words.
Never said they were. You are, however, pointing out the same fallacy that Flash (and others) are making that I already noted. I also pointed out that domestic products are quite often cheaper, as well as importing from other nations besides China.

Do not lump ALL products under the same conclusion. That's a compositional error fallacy. It's what Flash and others are doing, and what you are trying to point out yourself in your own fashion.

This is a compositional error fallacy. Not all of China's products are 'crap' (though a lot of it is).

bwahahaha. you have zero understanding of economics or commerce

you don't decide for us what is crap. That decision is an individual one. We each individually decide what values we look for.

You use terms that someone that has no understanding of economics would use :laugh:

Back