Desh

gonzojournals

Better than You
Perhaps I missed the memo, but what part of you not paying taxes means you get to dictate how our taxes are used (for those of us that do pay)?

desh has exactly the same amount of say in how taxes are spent as you do gonzo.
1 person 1 vote.
unless you are a felon or something.

How does Desh dictate how our taxes are used?

I was referring to the other thread where she started yelling at me for not wanting my taxes to go to welfare folks.

Apparently her opinion on taxation is valid, since she has probably never paid taxes in her life.

I guess ol' gonz is doing a reverse of the old battle cry. "No representation without taxation!"

And who says Desh doesn't pay taxes, anyway?

He says that because Im a stay at home.

Yes I pay taxes and have worked in the past and will work ihn the future.

So much for family friendly politics huh?

BTW gonzo my job in my family is as a property manager. I am in charge of our rental. I pay taxes on that income.

She is a house wife, and has admitted to being a house wife...no job, no taxes.

How ignorant of you. Aside from the fact that she is part of a household that pays taxes, she also pays plenty in assorted sales taxes, mortgage tax & a variety of government fees.

She has as much say in how our tax money is spent as you, I or any other American.

Grow up.

"My issue comes from her acting as if I don't have a say in where my money goes, not in whether or not she has a say."

You have a funny way of wording that in the 1st post...

"My issue comes from her acting as if I don't have a say in where my money goes, not in whether or not she has a say."

You have a funny way of wording that in the 1st post...

Well, since you weren't present in the other thread or the conversation that went on over here, you obviously have a good handle on what we are arguing about.

How ignorant of you. Aside from the fact that she is part of a household that pays taxes, she also pays plenty in assorted sales taxes, mortgage tax & a variety of government fees.

She has as much say in how our tax money is spent as you, I or any other American.

Grow up.

First of all Gonzo is still reeling from my coming out of the closet coup – he was going to do it tomorrow. Second of all, he’s jealous of Desh being a stay at home mom…but this is America and I have little doubt that someday, Gonzo will fulfill his dream and be a stay at home mom too.

First of all Gonzo is still reeling from my coming out of the closet coup
I came out of the closet years ago, you have not shocked me (although that is a long story).

Second of all, he’s jealous of Desh being a stay at home mom
I just don't like people telling me that my money is not my own.

…but this is America and I have little doubt that someday, Gonzo will fulfill his dream and be a stay at home mom too.
Unfortunately, I am a white male...I will be doomed to working for the rest of my life.

First of all Gonzo is still reeling from my coming out of the closet coup – he was going to do it tomorrow. Second of all, he’s jealous of Desh being a stay at home mom…but this is America and I have little doubt that someday, Gonzo will fulfill his dream and be a stay at home mom too.

Day late & a dollar short, eh?

Just desserts for calling 150,000 dead Iraqi civilians "the enemy," I say...

Back