Did anybody hear what Dan Rathers said about Obama on Matthew's show?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2342gRGd-b0"]YouTube- Dan Rather "Obama couldn't sell watermelons"[/ame]

It got cut off at the end. Was he trying to make some 'he can sell ice to an eskimo' type comment?

It got cut off at the end. Was he trying to make some 'he can sell ice to an eskimo' type comment?
He supposedly finished with "If the state troopers were flagging down cars for him."

But it seems Matthews got a bit upset over the usage and cut the mic.

His point is valid. I'm quite dissapointed in Obama's ability to sell his own initiatives. What the hell good is it to have a bully pulpit if you don't use it to advantage.

Ya know...it's worth it to vote for Obama just to make GED traior trash bigots like Bravo and Dweebway squirm.

What's the matter Dweebway? You mad cause they let a nigger into Harvard law school and not you?

Ya know...it's worth it to vote for Obama just to make GED traior trash bigots like Bravo and Dweebway squirm.

What's the matter Dweebway? You mad cause they let a nigger into Harvard law school and not you?

Ummm Dan Rather made the comment that opened up the dialogue.

In fact it continues to be leftist democrats who make these stereo-typical comments and try to blame conservatives for mocking it! Fucking hypocrisy!

Damo, you are the best at explaining things like this to me...

Whats racist or offensive about what Rather said?

:pke:
Not in the least, we always needed good janitors, busboys and maids to clean up after us, when I was in college.

Ummm Dan Rather made the comment that opened up the dialogue.

In fact it continues to be leftist democrats who make these stereo-typical comments and try to blame conservatives for mocking it! Fucking hypocrisy!

Gimme a break. If you've paid any attention to webbway you know he is a racist. His comments above are FAR more racist than what Rather said which I don't see as being racist at all. I have never heard any stereotype about blacks selling watermelon. Eating it, yes.

Gimme a break. If you've paid any attention to webbway you know he is a racist. His comments above are FAR more racist than what Rather said which I don't see as being racist at all. I have never heard any stereotype about blacks selling watermelon. Eating it, yes.

web uses shock value on purpose and he is no famous media head...give me a break with your dumb comparison. Think Biden, Reed, Rev Wright and Farikan to see the effects of real racism.

Rather tried his own inuendo for shock value no diff then what web does. So like I said, his, Rather's, own comment opened the dialogue.

I honestly don't see how anyone can say with a straight face that making a white guy watermellon analogy about a black man is anything but racist. Even if you are personality not offended, you should have the ability to intuit the overt racism in the comment.

Back