Did anybody hear what Dan Rathers said about Obama on Matthew's show?

web uses shock value on purpose and he is no famous media head...give me a break with your dumb comparison. Think Biden, Reed, Rev Wright and Farikan to see the effects of real racism.

Rather tried his own inuendo for shock value no diff then what web does. So like I said, his, Rather's, own comment opened the dialogue.

Again, what webbway posted is FAR more racist than simply mentioning watermelon and a black person in the same sentence. Again, I have never heard any stereotype about them selling watermelons. And no, I do not believe Rather's intent was shock value. What purpose would he have in that?

If Obama had been white it would have been a very good analogy. Being southern, I find the imagery very effective. He should have known what the response of the spin machine would be, though.

Again, what webbway posted is FAR more racist than simply mentioning watermelon and a black person in the same sentence. Again, I have never heard any stereotype about them selling watermelons. And no, I do not believe Rather's intent was shock value. What purpose would he have in that?

If Obama had been white it would have been a very good analogy. Being southern, I find the imagery very effective. He should have known what the response of the spin machine would be, though.

Just because you fall into a minority category that does not understand the racial implications of association with black's and watermelon does not mean squat. Most people do know what it implies.

Web is a chain yanker if you have not caught on to that it is again your problem.

Rather was cut-off by the host because he, the host, knew EXACTLY what was being implied by Rather!

Just because you fall into a minority category that does not understand the racial implications of association with black's and watermelon does not mean squat. Most people do know what it implies.

Rather was cut-off by the host because he, the host, knew EXACTLY what was being implied by Rather!

I understand the racial stereotype. Again, it has nothing to do with selling watermelons. I also understand that it was a bad choice because of the ACTUAL stereotype.

Now you are going to tell us Matthews intent in cutting him off, as if that is not very common on these shows.

I don't share your ability to read minds or, rather, your delusion that you have such an ability. Rather's point is clear. Obama failed to sale his health care bill. He's not one to use shock as you claimed before. He is one to use these folksy (often colloquial) metaphors.

The image of a guy selling watermelons on the roadside is relatable to anyone from the south. The race of the salesman has nothing at all to do with that image.

Gimme a break. If you've paid any attention to webbway you know he is a racist. His comments above are FAR more racist than what Rather said which I don't see as being racist at all. I have never heard any stereotype about blacks selling watermelon. Eating it, yes.
I don't think Rather intended a racial slur but his comment could be misunderstood to be so. There's no doubting Dweebway's racism.

I honestly don't see how anyone can say with a straight face that making a white guy watermellon analogy about a black man is anything but racist. Even if you are personality not offended, you should have the ability to intuit the overt racism in the comment.
Exactly! Thank you 3D.

Oh come on SM. Dweebway and Pale Rider are overtly racist and admit it.
I've known both for several years and I would say no. Pale uses the N bomb to describe a certain type of behavior that is of course independent of skin color. I haven't seen Web say anything that can be considered racist unless you're being intentionally hyper-sensitive.

Here's something that I wrote in another forum a while back that is very appropriate:

For Black activists, its not enough that you ignore the issue of race, You must be racially sensitive and expend huge effort to ensure equal outcomes.

This is the standard that has been developed by black activists to enable them to define nearly anyone as racist. Its obviously done to advance a political agenda as well as shut down debate.

I'm disappointed that you seem to have bought into it.

Back