Did John Kerry enlist in the navy to avoid ground combat?

Hasan Akbar.

So you judge an entire group of people, our military and veterans, over the actions of one man? Really? Using that twisted logic, perhaps we should take all the guns away from everyone because one person killed another. Right?

He got out after four months by using a little-used 'three Purple Hearts and out' rule, and at least two of the Purple Hearts were for self-inflicted or injuries requiring nothing more than a band-aid. That doesn't quite meet your definition of honor and heroism. Wouldn't you agree?

Get your head out of Breitbart's gladly dead ass.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/kerry/service.asp

I've decided that when you use the straw man logical fallacy, which is by far your most common tactic, instead of pointing it out to you, from now on I simply won't respond at all.

Since you seem to be so quick to call the Navy "wimpy"....

Have you ever seen anything about the SEALs? Or about the Seabees? Or the UDT divers? Or the actual missions of the Swift boat crews you denigrated?

Your ignorance is astounding.

I've decided that when you use the straw man logical fallacy, which is by far your most common tactic, instead of pointing it out to you, from now on I simply won't respond at all.

You don't respond anyway. What would be the difference?

But you called the US Navy a "safe" branch of the military. Perhaps you should tell that to the SEALs, Seabees, swift boat crews, UDT divers ect ect. I am sure they would be interested in your opinion. Like us, they like to have a good laugh.

BTW, your comment about the US Navy "I know that its a transportation service for real warriors: Marines" is certainly not accurate. How do you think the marines know where to go? The SEALs leave them a trail to follow and take out the most dangerous defenses.

Did Bush duck combat?
Is Cheney too dangerous to own a gun?
Are aliens reading our thoughts and will aluminum foil hats stop them?

Any other questions we should ask?

This thread is one of the more stupid ones I have ever seen. Anyone that thinks going up and down the rivers in wartime Viet Nam was a party cruse needs a brain transplant.

You delusional neo-fascists just can't get over the fact that Kerry had the gall to criticize the US military. In '04 and now it's just a petty, baseless assassination of character.

Two of the biggest and brightest stars in the SBVT pantheon are certainly Larry Thurlow and George Elliott.

Thurlow claimed that he was with Kerry in another boat in the formation the night that Kerry was awarded his bronze star. In the swiftie book, Thurlow claims that Kerry LIED and that there was no enemy fire from the shore that night. Oddly enough, Thurlow was awarded a bronze star for the very same incident, and HIS Bronze Star citation specifically mentions enemy fire from both sides of the river. Thurlow still proudly wears his bronze star.

Elliott is an even more egregious liar. He was Kerry's CO in Nam.... During the '04 campaign, he called Kerry a horrible officer and unfit for command. Thirty five years earlier, in Nam, he ranked Kerry as the best LTJG in his group. Only ten years earlier, he had come to Boston to appear with Kerry during a Senate campaign where he called him a hero.

Liars. But, unlike DY, even THEY had the balls to put themselves in harm's way.

Back