Do Right and Wrong Even Exist....

NiftyNiblick

1960s Chick Magnet
Do right and wrong even exist
when two huge, equally-sized factions,
can't agree on what's right and what's wrong?

What makes something right or wrong under that circumstance?
There's no consensus. There are no stipulations.

At this point, does it even make any sense to consider "right and wrong" when striving for survival?
Shouldn't all decisions be made entirely on an "us and them" basis?

I loathe MAGA as a philosophy, and so do more than half the Americans.
Our very poorly composed Constitution, however, make the smaller-than-half other side politically equal in power to us.

We're in a fight for survival, and we on the left should no longer be concerned with "rules."
We must crush MAGA by any means possible, morality not even existing to be a consideration,
because they're already proceeding under those "rules."

We can try to re-establish democracy after they're gone,
but there can be no restrictions as to what's required to bring them down.

We've nearly lost Ukraine to fascism already.
Are we ready to lose New York?

Yes, there is a natural law inherent in human nature which stands above civil law, political authority, peer pressure, or arbitrary dictates.

It's the moral law Harriet Tubman followed in rescuing slaves, even though doing so was against state and national laws, as well as southern social convention.

It's the law the Dutch family followed in hiding the family of Ann Frank in defiance of Nazi law and the orders of local occupation authorities

Yes, there is a natural law inherent in human nature which stands above civil law, political authority, peer pressure, or arbitrary dictates.

It's the moral law Harriet Tubman followed in rescuing slaves, even though doing so was against state and national laws, as well as southern social convention.

It's the law the Dutch family followed in hiding the family of Ann Frank in defiance of Nazi law and the orders of local occupation authorities

It sounds inspirational, C, and even so, I see your point,
but doesn't the survival instinct override it?

I think that to survive, people will find right and wrong to be situational.

I think that the MAGA vs. the decency in humanity struggle
has now become one of survival.

How do you prove nature has a law for humans?

This is funny.

BP was supposed to be banned from this thread,
but "auto-fill" banned Biden4Prison instead.

Another fuckup of modern technology.

I ban Earl, BidenPresident, and Space Monkey from my threads.

I don't have any idea who Space Monkey is,
but I want to give Earl and BidenPresident a frame of reference for their relevance. :laugh:

It sounds inspirational, C, and even so, I see your point,
but doesn't the survival instinct override it?

I think that to survive, people will find right and wrong to be situational.

I think that the MAGA vs. the decency in humanity struggle
has now become one of survival.

According to the thread title, you asked if it existed, not whether it ever gets trumped by the survival instinct, greed, or ignorance.

The natural law gets trumped all the time. That doesn't make it any less real

I'm sure Hitler thought the survival of the German nation depended on the liquidation of the Jews.

You asked if it existed, not whether it ever gets trumped by the survival instinct, greed, or ignorance.

Interesting that you lump survival instinct in with greed and ignorance.

You're obviously an absolutist.

I admit to often have trouble finding the valid justification for absolutism.

Interesting that you lump survival instinct in with greed and ignorance.

You're obviously an absolutist.

I admit to often have trouble finding the valid justification for absolutism.

Not an absolutist

I would lie my ass off to a gang of Neonazis asking me where they could find Jews.

Not an absolutist

I would lie my ass off to a gang of Neonazis asking me where they could find Jews.

Depends on the situation, of course.

If it were an option,
I would send them directly to an enclave of Jews
who were better armed than they were.

Depends on the situation, of course.

If it were an option,
I would send them directly to an enclave of Jews
who were better armed than they were.

When you talk about survival it depends what you mean.

Self defense against marauding zombies is one thing.
On the other hand, I'm sure Stalin thought the survival of Soviet Russia depended on the slave labor of the Gulag to ensure Soviet military and industrial capacity rapidly reached levels comparable to European rivals.

So, you just made it up.

No.
If you want a philosophical proof, I liked the insight of the Chinese philosopher Zhu Xi, who wrote that the proof humans have an immutable moral law in them is that anyone who sees a child accidentally fall into a well feels a primal momentary sense of panic, even if they don't know the child and nothing about their life requires concern for the child

At this point, does it even make any sense to consider "right and wrong" when striving for survival?

Our very poorly composed Constitution, however, make the smaller-than-half other side politically equal in power to us.

We're in a fight for survival, and we on the left should no longer be concerned with "rules."
We must crush MAGA by any means possible, morality not even existing to be a consideration,

They used to exist but not anymore. The only wrong you can do these days is misgender someone or say there are only 2 genders. That really seems to piss some people off.

"natural law"......Ezekiel 36
I will cleanse you. 26 And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules.

If you believe in Democracy, you believe in the rule of law, you believe in the Constitution, you believe in the OATH OF OFFICE, you believe in Truth, you believe in Goodwill Towards all men, women, and every child born on this EARTH, you believe in Reality- IT BECOMES A Simple choice for the 2024 election!

And I believe the majority of Americans all do believe in these things, and that all of these things mean more to most of us than any ONE PERSON, ANY LIE, ANY MISCONCEPTION, ANY CONSPIRACY THEORY, OR ANY SIDE SHOW!

Does Donald Trump believe in Democracy? Does Donald Trump Believe in the Rule Of Law, Does Donald Trump believe in the Constitution? Does Donald Trump believe in the OATH OF OFFICE? Does Donald Trump believe in the Truth? Does Donald Trump believe in the Goodwill Towards all Men, Women, and CHILD ever born on this Earth, Does Donald Trump believe in reality?

The choice couldn't be any clearer folks!

Last edited:

It can be easily be described as pain and suffering. But then again some do enjoy that.

Back