Does America love War?

That is true. Good call. Costa Rica and Switzerland aren't invading anyone. And haven't for centuries.

They don't have to they benefit from the others warfare.

I think we have plenty of Costa Ricans in our military though. Or is that Puerto ricans, well some kind of ricans anyway.

I am far from a pyschologist or whatever it is called. I'm not trying to make excuses I'm trying to understand. Hasn't there been fighting since man has been on the planet? And based on all the fighting in the 20th Century it doesn't look like we've evolved all that much. So if it is not man's quest for power and control then what is it?

Yes. But the reasons for violence have become quite different. Some violence will always be in the mix when it comes to perceived threats to survival. The sculptors of our society, however, use fear and or identity manipulation to exagerrate threats or duties and make them appear as threats to our survival, or a duty owed to god's chosen people, when in fact neither of them may be.

And by saying that I think it is genetic does not mean I approve of it. That is the problem most of the time with people hearing this. They think that by positing an explanation, particularly a gentic one, that it some how justifies it or gives it legitimacy. IT does not, and I am not saying that it can't be overcome. I just seek to try to give my 2 pennies worth.

No, I know. I don't think you approve of it.

Right, how come? Exactly, good examples. So in Switzerland, they've advanced beyond the monkey stage. I wonder why.

Of course. They don't have military industrial complexes.

Costa Rica has never had an army. Switzerland uses citizen militias for defense.

There is no monied, and powerful constituency for military spending and war.

Of course. They don't have military industrial complexes.

Costa Rica has never had an army. Switzerland uses citizen militias for defense.

There is no monied, and powerful constituency for military spending and war.

They use the military industrial complexes of other nations. Their power is banking and money.

It's for a few men's quest for power and control. YOU are not benefitting from this quest Cawacko, but you've been convinced that you are. And that's how it continues.

What quest? Man's quest to fight? I'm not getting your point.

What quest? Man's quest to fight? I'm not getting your point.

$$$$$$$$$$$

General Smedly Butler, USMC:

"I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers.

In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism. I helped make Mexico and especially Tampico safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefit of Wall Street. I helped purify Nicaragua for the International Banking House of Brown Brothers in 1902-1912. I brought light to the Dominican Republic for the American sugar interests in 1916. I helped make Honduras right for the American fruit companies in 1903. In China in 1927 I helped see to it that Standard Oil went on its way unmolested. Looking back on it, I might have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three districts. I operated on three continents."

Some info on Costa Rica:

Since the late nineteenth century, however, Costa Rica has experienced two significant periods of violence. In 1917-19, Federico Tinoco Granados ruled as a dictator until he was overthrown and forced into exile. Again in 1948, José Figueres Ferrer led an armed uprising in the wake of a disputed presidential election. With more than 2,000 dead, the resulting 44-day Costa Rica Civil War was the bloodiest event in Costa Rican history during the twentieth-century. Afterwards, the new, victorious government junta, led by the opposition, abolished the military and oversaw the drafting of a new constitution by a democratically-elected assembly. Having enacted these reforms, the regime finally relinquished its power in 8 November of 1949 to the new democratic government. After the coup d'etat, Figueres became a national hero, winning the country's first democratic election under the new constitution in 1953.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Costa_Rica"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Costa_Rica[/ame]

all in all seems a pretty nice place though.

Some info on Costa Rica:

Since the late nineteenth century, however, Costa Rica has experienced two significant periods of violence. In 1917-19, Federico Tinoco Granados ruled as a dictator until he was overthrown and forced into exile. Again in 1948, José Figueres Ferrer led an armed uprising in the wake of a disputed presidential election. With more than 2,000 dead, the resulting 44-day Costa Rica Civil War was the bloodiest event in Costa Rican history during the twentieth-century. Afterwards, the new, victorious government junta, led by the opposition, abolished the military and oversaw the drafting of a new constitution by a democratically-elected assembly. Having enacted these reforms, the regime finally relinquished its power in 8 November of 1949 to the new democratic government. After the coup d'etat, Figueres became a national hero, winning the country's first democratic election under the new constitution in 1953.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Costa_Rica

It is. Though it can be a bit entertaining driving over some of their bridges.

Darla, small bands of chimps go to war with other groups of chimps. We and chimps are genetically 98% the same. Chimps are not indoctrinated. Early man was not indoctrinated. Man has warred with man for 13,000 years.

Bonobos have orgies to settle their disputes.

Some info on Costa Rica:

Its supposed to be awesome. I need to get down there. The closest I ever got, was Panama. And that was for work, not pleasure. I wouldn't recommend Panama anyway. Unless your on one of those Rush Limbaugh sex vacations.

Its supposed to be awesome. I need to get down there. The closest I ever got, was Panama. And that was for work, not pleasure. I wouldn't recommend Panama anyway. Unless your on one of those Rush Limbaugh sex vacations.

Uggh, why did you have to bring that up this close to suppertime ?

Back