Does Biden anticipate losing???

Again, his being AG does not make it implausible. His potential serving in Iraq is what makes it implausible which is exactly what I stated to begin with. Thanks for agreeing.

My point is this... why should Minner (or whomever is the buddy of choice of the governor) be SELECTED to serve a SIX year term? At a minimum they should have a special election if Obama/Biden win and Biden also retains his Senate seat.

Because that's the law. The state legislature could change it if it saw fit to do so.

And Minner is the current governor. She's not running for re-election. My theory is that Carney (the current Lt. Gov.) wins the governor's race, Biden wins the Senate race, and if Obama wins, he waits until Carney is sworn in to resign, Carney then appoints Minner to the Senate as a placeholder, keeping the seat warm for Beau Biden.

Last edited:
Again, his being AG does not make it implausible. His potential serving in Iraq is what makes it implausible which is exactly what I stated to begin with. Thanks for agreeing.

My point is this... why should Minner (or whomever is the buddy of choice of the governor) be SELECTED to serve a SIX year term? At a minimum they should have a special election if Obama/Biden win and Biden also retains his Senate seat.
Like I said in my first post. It will not be an appointment for the whole six years. It will be an appointment until the next election cycle which will be two years from this November. Each state decides how it chooses the replacement of a resigning or dead Senator. Some states REQUIRE that the replacement be from the same party as the outgoing member, others say that the governor may choose whomsoever they wish. You should move to Delaware SF and push for a change in their law.

Back