Does JPP have a dedicated music thread? If not, could this be it?

Drummie123

Verified User
Listening to music is my hobby.

The Pretenders - My City Was Gone (with Lyrics)

Pretenders – My City Was Gone Lyrics
Songwriters: HYNDE, CHRISTINE

I went back to Ohio
But my city was gone
There was no train station
There was no downtown
South Howard had disappeared
All my favorite places
My city had been pulled down
Reduced to parking spaces
A, o, way to go Ohio

Well I went back to Ohio
But my family was gone
I stood on the back porch
There was nobody home
I was stunned and amazed
My childhood memories
Slowly swirled past
Like the wind through the trees
A, o, oh way to go Ohio

I went back to Ohio
But my pretty countryside
Had been paved down the middle
By a government that had no pride
The farms of Ohio
Had been replaced by shopping malls
And Muzak filled the air
From Seneca to Cuyahoga falls
Said, a, o, oh way to go Ohio

My City Was Gone lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC

This should not be construed as a racist post. The song rocks out. Period.

Billy Idol - Rebel Yell (Official Music Video)

Though this song was featured in the high school themed, "Breakfast Club," there is no pedophilic message to be inferred by it's being posted here.

It has 194 million views.

Simple Minds - Don't You (Forget About Me)

archives has failed this city.....
FrenchShabbyGnatcatcher-small.gif

Is it telling that you think Rush Limbaugh's theme song should be the theme song for this platform?

Coincidence.

The song rocks out and I would hate for half of the music lovers in America to be deprived of enjoying the song because Leftists have chosen to carve us up into sub groups in order to weaken us and turn us against each other.

I reject that.

Every patriotic American of every gender, race, religion and birthplace should reject that, too.

America is an indivisible entity when it works best.

We should not allow it to be divided by those who don't like or respect us.

Coincidence.

The song rocks out and I would hate for half of the music lovers in America to be deprived of enjoying the song because Leftists have chosen to carve us up into sub groups in order to weaken us and turn us against each other.

I reject that.

Every patriotic American of every gender, race, religion and birthplace should reject that, too.

America is an indivisible entity when it works best.

We should not allow it to be divided by those who don't like or respect us.

It was a question, but I'd have to add it is a hell of a coincidence, especially since you listed it first, and the lyrics are classic new wave cynicism

It was a question, but I'd have to add it is a hell of a coincidence, especially since you listed it first, and the lyrics are classic new wave cynicism

America was founded with the idea and expectation of freedom of expression.

With that as part of our Constitutionally protected rights, America went from being a brand new country to being the leader of the free world in about 250 years.

America was founded with the idea and expectation of freedom of expression.

With that as part of our Constitutionally protected rights, America went from being a brand new country to being the leader of the free world in about 250 years.

Who's repressing your expression? Just asking questions

Who's repressing your expression? Just asking questions

And without knowing your politics or your religion, I must proceed as though you might use your powers to ban me or influence those with more power at JPP to ban me.

So, that is an answer to my other thread question asking what you want to know about someone upon meeting them?

I said that if the first thing you want to know is their religion or politics, it is because of things the Democrats did to bring America down.

And without knowing your politics or your religion, I must proceed as though you might use your powers to ban me or influence those with more power at JPP to ban me.

So, that is an answer to my other thread question asking what you want to know about someone upon meeting them?

I said that if the first thing you want to know is their religion or politics, it is because of things the Democrats did to bring America down.

Whew, all this from just asking a simple question

Back