Does natural selection explain human behavior?

Self preservation is an instinct, but I bet the people who literally "fear" death are the ones who look back retrospectively and realize their life didn't mean anything and they completely wasted the gift of life they were provided. In other words, the losers, the Incels, the morally corrupt, the socially offensive and the social outcasts
So you fear death.
Proving, once again, you only have a 9th grade level of intellect. If you stopped playing with yourself and bothered to actually read what Cypress posted, you'd see that's not what he wrote, son.

As Cypress wrote, self-preservation is an instinct. A reaction that doesn't necessarily result in fear. It can get the adrenaline going to fight off the threat or combat the problem. The "fight or flight instinct".

Cypress also commented upon a previous discussion we had about the nature of MAGAts. How they think, how they react and why they are often demented old geezers on JPP. They are sitting in their rooms venting their spleens to JPP which means they have a lot of internal pain that they are selfishly taking out on others. In your case, you're simply a schizo, not demented...yet.

Okay, then you agree with me that just pointing to Charles Darwin is not an adequate explanation for all of human custom, behavior, and subjective mental experience.

I don’t think evolution can explain all human behavior. There are probably some concepts that have come into existence with development of complex language. I think it explains our feelings and some other tendencies, like why we are inclined to eat sugary foods or why we tend toward constantly chasing immediate, but short term, gratification.

I don’t think evolution can explain all human behavior. There are probably some concepts that have come into existence with development of complex language. I think it explains our feelings and some other tendencies, like why we are inclined to eat sugary foods or why we tend toward constantly chasing immediate, but short term, gratification.

You're probably right.

I think the reason people are still studying philosophy, existentialism, ethics, art history, music appreciation, anthropology, Taoism, transcendentalism is because it's self evident that Charles Darwin does not have all the answers for everything about being human

Animals have feelings. They just don't engage in navel gazing to ponder those feelings. They simply react to them. Truly Zen.

Sugar and fat both contain a lot of calories, a very important factor to avoid starvation in the wild. Sugar and fat are both rare in the wild. Most hunters know their prey is very lean. People who favor sugar and fat in the wild are more likely to survive. The industrial age has created a situation where fat and sugar are both cheap and common. This obviously creates a problem for creatures wired to like sugar and fat.

Most animals are also wired to like salt. As this link notes, too little salt creates problems. Again, the industrial age has created a situation where most of our problems are too much salt, not too little.

https://food.ndtv.com/food-drinks/signs-you-are-not-getting-enough-salt-keep-a-check-1770606
Have you ever wondered what happens when your body is short of salt? How much salt do you really need in a day? And finally, how can you find out if your body is salt deficient? We have got all the answers for you.

Signs You Are Not Getting Enough Salt; Keep A Check!
Highlights Our body is a complex system nourished by various nutrients Your body needs a certain amount of sodium to function properly Too much or too little salt in the body can have bad effects on health

Our body is a complex system nourished by various nutrients and minerals; an excess or deficiency of any essential element can take a toll on our health. Sodium is one such essential nutrient. Your body needs a certain amount of sodium in order to function well; it forms an integral part of your circulatory system and ensures a sufficient tissue perfusion. It also allows nutrients and minerals to move into your cells from the blood vessels. We get most of the Sodium the body needs from everyday salt. Too much or too little salt in the body can have adverse effects on your well-being. Have you ever wondered what happens when your body is short of salt? How much salt do you really need in a day? And finally, how can you find out if your body is salt deficient? We have got all the answers for you.According to Neha Shetty, Senior Dietician, Reduce Talwalkar's, "Salt is 40% sodium and 60% chloride. So when we discuss about the salt recommendation, it is majorly due to the sodium intake. Sodium is an important electrolyte in the body and is essential for life. In fact, no mineral is more important than sodium; it is a nutrient that cannot be produced naturally by the body. Many foods like eggs, meat, milk etc. contain sodium but the major amount comes from our daily salt."Major health organisations including World Health Organisation (WHO) recommend not more than 2300 mg of sodium per day which roughly comes to one teaspoon of salt per day.(Also read: How to Cut Down on Salt and Choose the Right Foods)
sugar or salt
Salt is 40% sodium and 60% chlorideDietitian Neha shares, "We always worry about high intake of salt but on the contrary, even low salt intake can serious implications. Some of these implications include depression, weakness, nausea, vomiting, cramps, headache, irritability, confusion etc. Serious deficiency can even lead to seizures, coma and in some cases it may be fatal too.Some of the signs of salt deficiency may include

1. Headaches Your nervous system requires sodium to function and when the levels of sodium drop, it can lead to severe headaches

2. Nausea and vomiting This is your body's way of getting rid of the excess water which is causing an imbalance in the sodium level.

3. Confusion Your nervous system is quite dependent on the sodium levels in order to send messages through its neurons. If you are deficient, chances are your brain will not be able to receive the message and further cause confusion.

4. Fatigue If your body is short of sodium, then your blood's ability to deliver nutrients and flush the waste may get hampered, which may further cause fatigue.

5. Muscle weakness and cramps If your muscles do not get rid of the waste products, like excess lactic acid because of your low blood sodium levels, there is chance that the waste products may cause cramps and spasms in the various parts of the body.While it is good to keep a balance, you should also ensure that you are not loading up on processed foods that contain a good amount of sodium. So considering the current lifestyle of any adult these days, salt intake needs to be taken care of as it could have a direct impact on our health.

I don't think human behavior is totally explainable.
I think that it's totally random.
It's all based on how one's sub-atomic particles are colliding on a particular day.

If these assumptions are wrong, however, it doesn't matter
because they explain things well enough for me.

It's all based on how one's sub-atomic particles are colliding on a particular day.

There's got to be more than that. Rocks, earthworms, and salamanders are made of quarks and electrons too.

I don't think we know what causes abstract reasoning, aesthetic appreciation, rational thought, and we might not even have the correct scientific approach or methods yet to understand, assuming we ever will

There's got to be more than that. Rocks, earthworms, and salamanders are made of quarks and electrons too.

I don't think we know what causes abstract reasoning, aesthetic appreciation, rational thought, and we might not even have the correct scientific approach or methods yet to understand, assuming we ever will

I think that there could be more to it that that.
I'm just not sure why there has to be.

If our behavior was truly random, our behavior would be much, much different. Truly "random". There would be no rhyme or reason for the things we do.

We have all said "that's just how he is" or "it's totally like him to do.....". We all know people who are consistently trustworthy, bad tempered, etc.

Randomness would circumvent all "norms" in peoples' behaviors, wouldn't it?

Last edited:
I think that there could be more to it that that.
I'm just not sure why there has to be.

I don't see anything about quarks that logically and necessarily lead to Beethoven's ninth symphony. Rocks and ice are composed of quarks too.

I think we humans are quick to assume we have achieved omniscience, and there are no further intellectual or scientific mysteries beyond our current horizons left to be discovered.

I don't see anything about quarks that logically and necessarily lead to Beethoven's ninth symphony. Rocks and ice are composed of quarks too.

I think we humans are quick to assume we have achieved omniscience, and there are no further intellectual or scientific mysteries beyond our current horizons left to be discovered.

No omniscient person would have taken the hits I've taken over 77 years,
any more than an omnipotent person would
I'm absolutely sure that there's more out there to learn if the species survives long enough to learn it.

I make my guesses as to what's going on
based on what I know now,
fully aware that I don't know nearly everything that human science knows already,
never mind what's to be learned in the future.

Then again, nobody depends on my vision for anything important; these conclusions are only
to come up with quick answers for me
so that I can go on to other concerns like donuts.

Much purely abstract thought seems to serve no evolutionary purpose.

Substantial resources are squandered in the development of artifacts of aesthetic beauty, not seemingly necessary for evolutionary ends.

We intentionally sacrifice our most important interests for the charitable benefit of strangers and people unrelated to us.

What is abstract thought? Facts are intellectually created thinking life isn't self evident every generation gap pretending genetics hasn't been sustaining eternal separation of biological results reproduced so far. Evolving is an ongoing process that cycles reproductions apart as adapting in space now one species governs tomorrows like life isn't self continued to numbers adapting as displaced since conceived.

any ancestral lineages works biologically from original arrivals become 1 of 16 great great grandparents, adding a second generation gap of 8 great grandparents, bringing forth a 3rd generation gap of 4 grandparents, reduced to 2 parenting the arrivals of each great great grandchild in the 5th wave of ever changing population left alive so far as the 6th generation became the 2nd 5th still alive replacing previous ancestors making ancestry work as it has since inception of this species and each ancestral lineage of the numbers here now.

Intellectual minds invent reasonable doubt and ancestral brains simply navigate the moment as unique reproductions never duplicating form shaped since a fertilized cell. Learn thermodynamic principles from molecular characteristics to ancestral chromosomes of each of the 8 billion humans alive in series parallel space adapting specifically here, inside out without imagining time changes everything outside in by some supernatural entities without form or shape governing all shapes formed reproductively native to this atmosphere in series parallel time evolving spontaneously here, simultaneously as conceived to replace previous generations.
r
Why is compounding chromosomes treated differently than compounding interest in hypothetical currency being the foundation of government revenues collected taxing people to adapt as displaced ancestrally here so far?

Money isn't the root of all evil live practiced within this species that isn't respecting evolving living as reproductively here now.

Hope, faith, charity, promising better tomorrows than ancestry changed population living here now where power, wealth, fame are achieved by misleading generations forward to repeat history completed so far. Means, motives, methods, opportunities, come from sustaining reasonable doubt, social consensus of what truth means, laws directing every generation to always question self evident results like tomorrow is factually all anyone needs to honor cradle to grave and living is a constant adapt or become extinct situation conceived to dead no exceptions of current lifetimes occupying space now.

Last edited:

Those people are idiots and often science deniers. There's a lot more to be learned beyond our little rock circling a mediocre yellow dwarf star in the galactic backyard.

Much purely abstract thought seems to serve no evolutionary purpose.

Substantial resources are squandered in the development of artifacts of aesthetic beauty, not seemingly necessary for evolutionary ends.

We intentionally sacrifice our most important interests for the charitable benefit of strangers and people unrelated to us.

What is abstract thought? Facts are intellectually created thinking life isn't self evident every generation gap pretending genetics hasn't been sustaining eternal separation of biological results reproduced so far. Evolving is an ongoing process that cycles reproductions apart as adapting in space now one species governs tomorrows life life isn't self continued to numbers adapting as displaced since conceived.

Why is compounding chromosomes treated differently than compounding interest in hypothetical currency being the foundation of government revenues collected taxing people to adapt as displaced ancestrally here so far?

Money isn't the root of all evil live practiced within this species that isn't respecting evolving living as reproductively here now.

Hope, faith, charity, promising better tomorrows than ancestry changed population living here now where power, wealth, fame are achieved by misleading generations forward to repeat history completed so far. Means, motives, methods, opportunities, come from sustaining reasonable doubt, social consensus of what truth means, laws directing every generation to always question self evident results like tomorrow is factually all anyone needs to honor cradle to grave and living is a constant adapt or become extinct situation conceived to dead no exceptions of current lifetimes occupying space now.

Ancestors perform as who they rather have been since conceived pretending to be anything other than self evidently unique as eternally separated now equally alive as chromosomes define each reproduction present. Adapting to the moment everyone experiences never same form as arrived their specific fertilized cell the nucleus became the brain of their body at birth.

Central nervous system organ a body developed around never same shape as conceived to replace previous generation gaps naturally changing population left alive now still works the same before and after dawn of civilization typecasting people into stereotypical behaviors protecting concepts life is factually more than actually adapting forward now.

All corruption centers from the idea of thinking outside a box some dead cat was stuffed into.

Back