Dow down 220 at momment

Right now it looks like Chap is correct and that it has bottomed.... but if it tests and breaks 10725, then Trog is right... it could easily break down to the 7800 level and test the 2002 lows.

Gold, silver, cash.... good holdings to consider.

CEF invests directly in gold and silver bullion.

I believe it will break under 10725; thus, 7500.

Ok. All very interesting. I picked up a hedge fund as a client, I was kind of hoping to really get into the financial markets. Read Top’s posts if you want to know why I think there is a mint to be made by me there! I know this sounds selfish, but I’m really excited by how good this idea of mine is doing, and I was hoping to really build it over the next year. Damn.

Ok. All very interesting. I picked up a hedge fund as a client, I was kind of hoping to really get into the financial markets. Read Top’s posts if you want to know why I think there is a mint to be made by me there! I know this sounds selfish, but I’m really excited by how good this idea of mine is doing, and I was hoping to really build it over the next year. Damn.

Not damn! History shows that fortunes are made when people panic and throw out the good with the bad.

Just hold until it hits bottom then do it. You can, and will, make a mint if you do this right. I'm a holder, I'm going to have to ride some out.

ROFLMAO... you expect me to read Tops posts and actually be able to decipher them???

Actually most of the coal producers have been turning downward. I don't know if it's a pause or consolidation of the run up or a turning point.

I think they turned upwards last week. Coal will do pretty well. It makes a lot of our electricity and is domestically produced.

Plus it is an export item.

The best I can recall ARCH coal took a good jump up.

I apologize I have not been following the market much lately, but do have the Nightly business Report on in the background most evenings.

Last edited:
ROFLMAO... you expect me to read Tops posts and actually be able to decipher them???

LOL. That is the point! He has a Masters degree in economics! Think of all of the illiterates on Wall Street I can be cleaning up on. I got this hedge fund totally by chance. One of the things I do is send my, rather well-written and gripping sales pitch to email addresses I get out of the NY Times help wanted section. Of course, I also do networking meetings and such. But I got the hedge fund via the email, which is often dismissed as spam. Imagine how desperate they must be down there Sf. None of them can write a coherent sentence, and the few who can, can’t decipher their co-workers emails! It is hog heaven for me.

And some price increase due to increased oil and othe input prices. Prices are getting ready to jump up accross the board. Those in the middle have absorbed all they can.

LOL. That is the point! He has a Masters degree in economics! Think of all of the illiterates on Wall Street I can be cleaning up on. I got this hedge fund totally by chance. One of the things I do is send my, rather well-written and gripping sales pitch to email addresses I get out of the NY Times help wanted section. Of course, I also do networking meetings and such. But I got the hedge fund via the email, which is often dismissed as spam. Imagine how desperate they must be down there Sf. None of them can write a coherent sentence, and the few who can, can’t decipher their co-workers emails! It is hog heaven for me.

What exactly are you writing for them? You can PM me if need be...

Side note: toppy has an MBA, he does not have an Masters in Economics. He can't. His comprehension of economics is that of a rock. He still tries to equate his investing with economics.

supertool you and your pissant lowely bachelors degree buddies can giggle inestimg is not economics. Understanding economics is very beneficial to high net worth investors. You woldnt know about this as you are stuck cold calling and robbing seniors.

We just hired a new technical writer. I have 8 going on 9 working for me now. My guess is Darla is doing similar for the hedgefunds. darla - what do they send there sloppy writing to her to clean up for money?

supertool you and your pissant lowely bachelors degree buddies can giggle inestimg is not economics. Understanding economics is very beneficial to high net worth investors. You woldnt know about this as you are stuck cold calling and robbing seniors.

Yes, understanding economics is indeed beneficial to investing. The problem toppy is you have never, not once, given ANY indication that you understand economics. You run around calling people GEDers, coldcallers, ambulance chasers and dubble digiters and act like that gives you credibility.

Yes, you understand investing when it comes to a couple of sectors. But you have little comprehension of economics. Damn. Sorry toppy, that word was probably too big for you. It meant you don't have a fucking clue.

Back