Dr. King

So we have a token black as the President of the United States?

Do you have any idea how stupid that statement is?

If by token, you mean an individual chosen to represent a meaningful change in race relations then yes, he is token. And you guys are gasping with joy at being taken in by the show.

Token is the correct word.

If by token, you mean an individual chosen to represent a meaningful change in race relations then yes, he is token. And you guys are gasping with joy at being taken in by the show.

Token is the correct word.

Like I said before, you are an idiot. This election did not change everything, but to say it means nothing is simply you being ignorant.

Which is par for the course.

And when the word "token" was used in race relations, it was used to represent an individual put in a position to pacify people wanting meaningful change in race relations. A "token" never represented actual meaningful change in race relations.

Tomorrow we can tackle another word, if you would like.

Like I said before, you are an idiot. This election did not change everything, but to say it means nothing is simply you being ignorant.

Which is par for the course.

And when the word "token" was used in race relations, it was used to represent an individual put in a position to pacify people wanting meaningful change in race relations. A "token" never represented actual meaningful change in race relations.

Tomorrow we can tackle another word, if you would like.

We disagree on whether it's actual meaningful change. You're taken in by the show like a fool. I haven't been. Token applies, as he was put in place to pacify idiots like yourself. Get it? Me = smart, you = dumb.

We disagree on whether it's actual meaningful change. You're taken in by the show like a fool. I haven't been. Token applies, as he was put in place to pacify idiots like yourself. Get it? Me = smart, you = dumb.

So a president was elected just to pacify people looking for meaningful changes in race relations?

LMAO!

You do realize that meaningful changes would have been easier?

So a president was elected just to pacify people looking for meaningful changes in race relations?
yes.
Your idiocy is amusing.
You do realize that meaningful changes would have been easier?

No. I don't believe so. The power elite is too obsessed with fanning racial divisiveness for their own purposes.

Taking race check boxes of applications would be real meaningful change.

Sorry asshat, you are an idiot.

I am celebrating the milestone. You can try and deny it is a milestone if you want.

But the facts are simple. 40 years ago he wouldn't have been able to drink from the same water fountain and could have been arrested for being at the lunch counter. Now he has been elected president.

That is called a milestone.

I am celebrating the milestone. You can try and deny it is a milestone if you want.
You are taken in by the show. Don't be so proud of idiocy.
But the facts are simple. 40 years ago he wouldn't have been able to drink from the same water fountain and could have been arrested for being at the lunch counter. Now he has been elected president.

It's called a new level of tokenism.

You reminded me -- I couldn't help wishing last night that Rosa Parks had lived to see this day. She died three years ago.

You reminded me -- I couldn't help wishing last night that Rosa Parks had lived to see this day. She died three years ago.

I met her several years ago when my daughter was involved in a project commemorating her.

She was a vry nice lady who still seemed surprised at her part in the civil rights movement.

I agree with you, Thorn. Its a shame she didn't see this.

That would indeed have been pretty cool.

Side note to Solitary... remember who you are arguing with. It will save you vast quantities of time.

That would indeed have been pretty cool.

Side note to Solitary... remember who you are arguing with. It will save you vast quantities of time.

Yeah, I have remembered. Perhaps too late, because I will never get that 10 mins back. But I understand what you mean.

Hopefully, the families of all the civil rights heros that are gone are savoring this as much as we are.

It must be gratifying to know their efforts were not in vain.

Back