Drop the D!

This is becoming the common rule of journalism in America. When a story of political corruption moves across the wires to the journalistic news desks, the written version will almost always bury the fact the corrupt politician is a Democrat, while playing up the fact they are Republican, if that is the case.

In the recent scandal involving Illinois governor Blagojevich, the New York Times doesn't mention he is a Democrat until the fourth paragraph. While the scandal involving Minnesota Senator Coleman, mentions he is a Republican in the second sentence. We see this pattern time and time again, yet we are supposed to believe the media is unbiased and fair?

This is part of a greater campaign to paint the Republican party as the party of corruption and scandal, while maintaining the illusion of the Democrat party as the party of hope, change, and a new era in American politics. We sheeple in the general public, are supposed to believe any scandal involving a Republican, is a direct reflection on the Republican party and Conservative movement, while the same kind of scandal and corruption involving Democrats is swept under the rug, played down, and NEVER connected to the party in any way. In most cases, it was the poor Democrat who was the victim of circumstance, or worse yet, the victim of the vast right-wing conspiracy. Watch and see, this latest Blago scandal will be 'spun' into a right-wing witch hunt, perpetrated completely by neocons who want to tarnish the image of Obama!

Democrats have learned, in a profoundly stupid society, perception is everything! As long as they can 'spin' these scandals and corruption into the fault of Republicans, and connect all scandal to Republicans, while minimizing the fault of Democrats involved in scandal, they will do so! It is apparent this has become the standard in print media, and we wonder why newspapers across the country are in such financial trouble?

You're crying because the Democrat got mentioned two paragraphs further down? Did you also notice that the story about Blago was the A1 centerpiece and the story about the Senator from Minnesota wasn't? How does that fit into your theory?

you all know he's right. The MSM is NOT and has not for years mentioned the party of Democrats in compromising positions. It's now a given.

you all know he's right. The MSM is NOT and has not for years mentioned the party of Democrats in compromising positions. It's now a given.

Whatever. That's not the MSM I've been reading or watching, but you all basically live on your own planet, anyway.

You're crying because the Democrat got mentioned two paragraphs further down? Did you also notice that the story about Blago was the A1 centerpiece and the story about the Senator from Minnesota wasn't? How does that fit into your theory?

Yes, I am literally in tears over this, it has completely traumatized me and I am thinking of bringing a lawsuit against the NYT for pain and suffering... that's what I said, wasn't it?

There is no "theory" here, Einstein... there is a FACT OF THE MATTER, print media ALWAYS manages to not tell us when someone is a Democrat, until WAyyyy into the story, in this case, the fourth paragraph. Amazingly enough, when the culprit is Republican, it is clearly indicated in the first couple of sentences, if it's not in the fucking headline!

Of course, I did indeed notice that the story of a Governor being arrested and led away in handcuffs, was given prominence over a story about a Senator under investigation. Did you have a fucking point? Maybe your point is, if the NYT printed the Coleman investigation story A1 and the Blogo arrest story on the inside, that would prove to you that they were being biased? Is that how profoundly retarded you are? Thanks for admitting it, that's half the battle!

Whatever. That's not the MSM I've been reading or watching, but you all basically live on your own planet, anyway.

Well CBS News didn't even mention Blago being a Democrat in their story, so don't get me started on the broadcast media. My thread is about the 'journalistic integrity' of the print media, and how they will seemingly cover up or 'bury' the fact some crooked politician is a Democrat... When it's a Republican, it's a different story.

Well CBS News didn't even mention Blago being a Democrat in their story, so don't get me started on the broadcast media. My thread is about the 'journalistic integrity' of the print media, and how they will seemingly cover up or 'bury' the fact some crooked politician is a Democrat... When it's a Republican, it's a different story.

Let’s check the front pages of some major news organizations. The hated NY Times:

In a sequence of events that neatly captures the contradictions of Barack Obama’s rise through Illinois politics, a phone call he made three months ago to urge passage of a state ethics bill indirectly contributed to the downfall of a fellow Democrat he twice supported, Gov. Rod R. Blagojevich.

The LA Times:

Blagojevich, a Democrat who ran as a reformer eager to clean up corruption at the statehouse, spoke explicitly about the alleged bribes in profanity-laced conversations captured on FBI wiretaps in the governor’s home and campaign office, authorities said.

The WaPo:

Federal prosecutors charged Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich (D) yesterday with engaging in a series of illegal schemes intended to enrich himself, including an attempt to sell the Senate seat recently vacated by President-elect Barack Obama.

The WSJ:

The arrests of Mr. Blagojevich, a Democrat, and his chief of staff, John Harris, opened a new chapter in a state with a long history of wrongdoing by elected officials. Mr. Blagojevich (Blah-GOY-uh-vitch), 51 years old, and chief of staff John Harris, 46, were each charged with conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud and solicitation of bribery.

AJC:

At the same time, Blagojevich egged on investigators, saying he didn’t care whether his conversations were being recorded, a flash of the sort of antagonistic style the two-term Illinois Democrat has become known for.

The Christian Science Monitor:

The arrest makes Governor Blagojevich, a Democrat, the second Illinois chief executive in a row to face charges of pay-to-play politics, a dispiriting event for residents weary of the state’s reputation for seamy politics. His predecessor, Republican George Ryan, is serving a 6-1/2-year sentence for a corruption conviction two years ago.

The Boston Globe:

In conversations riddled with coarse language and blunt threats that the FBI recorded with telephone wiretaps and listening devices planted in his campaign office, the Democratic governor laid bare a “pay-for-play” culture that, according to prosecutors, began shortly after he took office in 2002 and continued until before sunrise yesterday, when FBI agents arrested him and John Harris, his chief of staff.

Let’s try the major television networks. ABC:

What the stunning charges leveled against Gov. Rod Blagojevich, D-Ill., mean for the heretofore flawless transition…

CBS:

Federal prosecutors said flatly that there is no evidence of involvement by the president-elect in allegations that Blagojevich (D) attempted to sell Obama’s vacant Senate seat to the highest bidder.

Fair enough. But I bet the dastardly cable networks are covering up Blagojevich’s political affiliation. CNN:

Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich reportedly is planning to return to work Wednesday, a day after his indictment on federal corruption charges.

Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich, a Democrat, was arrested Tuesday on federal corruption charges.

The Democrat appeared in court Tuesday afternoon to hear federal corruption charges against him and was released on $4,500 bail.

Fox News:

The federal corruption allegations against Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich cast an embarrassing glare on the world of Chicago politics he shares with President-elect Barack Obama, even though the two Democrats aren’t close and there is no suggestion Obama did anything inappropriate.

MSNBC:

Drama and suspicion have long surrounded Mr. Blagojevich, a 51-year-old Democrat known locally for his quirky love of Elvis and a big black signature hairstyle of his own. Though he ran for office as a reformer, he has been embroiled for years in a federal investigation into hiring fraud that included multiple departments under his purview.

Guess not. Maybe the international papers are not covering his political affiliation? The UK Guardian:

Blagojevich, a Democrat, also thought about making his own run for the White House in 2016.

The China Daily:

A 76-page FBI affidavit said the 51-year-old Democratic governor was intercepted on court-authorized wiretaps over the last month conspiring to sell or trade the vacant Senate seat for personal benefits for himself and his wife, Patti.

Die Welt:

Der Gouverneur des US-Bundesstaates Illinois, Rod Blagojevich, ist unter Korruptionsverdacht verhaftet worden. Ermittler werfen dem 51-jährigen Demokraten unter anderem vor, dass er den frei werdenden Senatssitz des künftigen US-Präsidenten Barack Obama verschachern wollte.

http://www.balloon-juice.com/?p=14481

Let’s check the front pages of some major news organizations. The hated NY Times:

In a sequence of events that neatly captures the contradictions of Barack Obama’s rise through Illinois politics, a phone call he made three months ago to urge passage of a state ethics bill indirectly contributed to the downfall of a fellow Democrat he twice supported, Gov. Rod R. Blagojevich.

The LA Times:

Blagojevich, a Democrat who ran as a reformer eager to clean up corruption at the statehouse, spoke explicitly about the alleged bribes in profanity-laced conversations captured on FBI wiretaps in the governor’s home and campaign office, authorities said.

The WaPo:

Federal prosecutors charged Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich (D) yesterday with engaging in a series of illegal schemes intended to enrich himself, including an attempt to sell the Senate seat recently vacated by President-elect Barack Obama.

The WSJ:

The arrests of Mr. Blagojevich, a Democrat, and his chief of staff, John Harris, opened a new chapter in a state with a long history of wrongdoing by elected officials. Mr. Blagojevich (Blah-GOY-uh-vitch), 51 years old, and chief of staff John Harris, 46, were each charged with conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud and solicitation of bribery.

AJC:

At the same time, Blagojevich egged on investigators, saying he didn’t care whether his conversations were being recorded, a flash of the sort of antagonistic style the two-term Illinois Democrat has become known for.

The arrest makes Governor Blagojevich, a Democrat, the second Illinois chief executive in a row to face charges of pay-to-play politics, a dispiriting event for residents weary of the state’s reputation for seamy politics. His predecessor, Republican George Ryan, is serving a 6-1/2-year sentence for a corruption conviction two years ago.

The Boston Globe:

In conversations riddled with coarse language and blunt threats that the FBI recorded with telephone wiretaps and listening devices planted in his campaign office, the Democratic governor laid bare a “pay-for-play” culture that, according to prosecutors, began shortly after he took office in 2002 and continued until before sunrise yesterday, when FBI agents arrested him and John Harris, his chief of staff.

What the stunning charges leveled against Gov. Rod Blagojevich, D-Ill., mean for the heretofore flawless transition…

CBS:

Federal prosecutors said flatly that there is no evidence of involvement by the president-elect in allegations that Blagojevich (D) attempted to sell Obama’s vacant Senate seat to the highest bidder.

Fair enough. But I bet the dastardly cable networks are covering up Blagojevich’s political affiliation. CNN:

Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich reportedly is planning to return to work Wednesday, a day after his indictment on federal corruption charges.

Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich, a Democrat, was arrested Tuesday on federal corruption charges.

The Democrat appeared in court Tuesday afternoon to hear federal corruption charges against him and was released on $4,500 bail.

Fox News:

The federal corruption allegations against Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich cast an embarrassing glare on the world of Chicago politics he shares with President-elect Barack Obama, even though the two Democrats aren’t close and there is no suggestion Obama did anything inappropriate.

MSNBC:

Drama and suspicion have long surrounded Mr. Blagojevich, a 51-year-old Democrat known locally for his quirky love of Elvis and a big black signature hairstyle of his own. Though he ran for office as a reformer, he has been embroiled for years in a federal investigation into hiring fraud that included multiple departments under his purview.

Guess not. Maybe the international papers are not covering his political affiliation? The UK Guardian:

Blagojevich, a Democrat, also thought about making his own run for the White House in 2016.

The China Daily:

A 76-page FBI affidavit said the 51-year-old Democratic governor was intercepted on court-authorized wiretaps over the last month conspiring to sell or trade the vacant Senate seat for personal benefits for himself and his wife, Patti.

Die Welt:

Der Gouverneur des US-Bundesstaates Illinois, Rod Blagojevich, ist unter Korruptionsverdacht verhaftet worden. Ermittler werfen dem 51-jährigen Demokraten unter anderem vor, dass er den frei werdenden Senatssitz des künftigen US-Präsidenten Barack Obama verschachern wollte.

I don't know...I still feel as if the media is trying to cover up his party affiliation. It's just how I feel. I don't feel good about this. They're not doing enough. I felt better when Republicans were being arrested, and some news stations were running their names with a (D) next to them.

But thanks for trying.

I don't know...I still feel as if the media is trying to cover up his party affiliation. It's just how I feel. I don't feel good about this. They're not doing enough. I felt better when Republicans were being arrested, and some news stations were running their names with a (D) next to them.

But thanks for trying.

Click the link. This is right there for you:

foley.jpg

Hey steamy heap, it's funny, all of that shit you posted, doesn't really sound like the "lead-in" to the story, sounds a lot like what was said in the second, third, or fourth paragraph to me. Which pretty much demonstrates my point. Thanks!

Dixie truly enjoys happening upon a random irrelevance that frustrated him, and proceeding to write a novel about it, casting it as the greatest evil that had ever occurred to anyone or anything on the earth or in the universe, in grand dramatic form, because he knows deep down that we at JPP care about him and love him the way his momma didn't.

The LA Times:

The WaPo:

The WSJ:

AJC:

The Boston Globe:

CBS:

Fox News:

MSNBC:

The China Daily:

Die Welt:

looks like that's one pet hypothesis that just got shot down! LOL

the msnbc article never mentioned he was a democrat once. I was only able to assume from the context. Whenever shit goes down for republicans though, they will always say

"Republican Governor did ___"

"X, a controversial republican, did _____ "

"X, a staunch conservative, did _____"

looks like that's one pet hypothesis that just got shot down! LOL

Not at all. The snippets posted were pulled from within the reports, not the lead-in. It actually proves my point. Go back and re-read what I posted to begin the thread, and perhaps you will fully understand, I never stated that the MSM didn't mention Blago was a Democrat, that is absurd. However, Grind is correct, MSNBC didn't mention it, and neither did CBS on their report during the nightly news.

Not at all. The snippets posted were pulled from within the reports, not the lead-in. It actually proves my point. Go back and re-read what I posted to begin the thread, and perhaps you will fully understand, I never stated that the MSM didn't mention Blago was a Democrat, that is absurd. However, Grind is correct, MSNBC didn't mention it, and neither did CBS on their report during the nightly news.

No; you were completely embarassed, once again. This thread has been hilarious.

Back