Early Death Forced on Terminal patients...

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/6127514/Sentenced-to-death-on-the-NHS.html

Sentenced to death on the NHS
Patients with terminal illnesses are being made to die prematurely under an NHS scheme to help end their lives, leading doctors have warned.

In a letter to The Daily Telegraph, a group of experts who care for the terminally ill claim that some patients are being wrongly judged as close to death.

Under NHS guidance introduced across England to help doctors and medical staff deal with dying patients, they can then have fluid and drugs withdrawn and many are put on continuous sedation until they pass away.

But this approach can also mask the signs that their condition is improving, the experts warn.

As a result the scheme is causing a “national crisis” in patient care, the letter states. It has been signed palliative care experts including Professor Peter Millard, Emeritus Professor of Geriatrics, University of London, Dr Peter Hargreaves, a consultant in Palliative Medicine at St Luke’s cancer centre in Guildford, and four others.

“Forecasting death is an inexact science,”they say. Patients are being diagnosed as being close to death “without regard to the fact that the diagnosis could be wrong.

More at link...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/6127514/Sentenced-to-death-on-the-NHS.html

Patients with terminal illnesses are being made to die prematurely under an NHS scheme to help end their lives, leading doctors have warned.

In a letter to The Daily Telegraph, a group of experts who care for the terminally ill claim that some patients are being wrongly judged as close to death.

Under NHS guidance introduced across England to help doctors and medical staff deal with dying patients, they can then have fluid and drugs withdrawn and many are put on continuous sedation until they pass away.

But this approach can also mask the signs that their condition is improving, the experts warn.

As a result the scheme is causing a “national crisis” in patient care, the letter states. It has been signed palliative care experts including Professor Peter Millard, Emeritus Professor of Geriatrics, University of London, Dr Peter Hargreaves, a consultant in Palliative Medicine at St Luke’s cancer centre in Guildford, and four others.

“Forecasting death is an inexact science,”they say. Patients are being diagnosed as being close to death “without regard to the fact that the diagnosis could be wrong.

More at link...

Yep and it will happen here. Anyone who can't see that is brain-dead.

Voluntary Euthanasia

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/euthanasia-voluntary/

More at link...

Are you saying that if they can't see this they should be diagnosed as "close to death?"

You're both retarded.

Damo makes a post clearly meant to imply that Obama's plan will result in a similar travesty, despite the fact that Obama's suggested plan bares no similarity to the English NHS. Then if you call him on it, he'll be like, "What what what??? I didn't say anything about this having to do with Obama's plan!!!"

This is Damo's recent MO.

DAMO. These people deserve better by you. The least you owe them is some honesty, for Chirst's sake.

Nice troll, Damo.

And you hooked one, too. Tutu - I'd suggest you read up on current insurance industry practices.

What is it about the government option that you support?

To start with, it's an OPTION, and I'm all for choice. It would be a lower cost option, which would help struggling families, and might have the added benefit of putting pressure on private insurers to lower their costs. Some also think it could lower healthcare costs in general, because lower rates could be negotiated with suppliers & equipment companies.

You're both retarded.

Damo makes a post clearly meant to imply that Obama's plan will result in a similar travesty, despite the fact that Obama's suggested plan bares no similarity to the English NHS. Then if you call him on it, he'll be like, "What what what??? I didn't say anything about this having to do with Obama's plan!!!"

This is Damo's recent MO.

DAMO. These people deserve better by you. The least you owe them is some honesty, for Chirst's sake.
Sarcasm is again lost into the void that is ib1"yy"sguy.

Riiiiiiiiiight.

So misleading evryone as to what the truth is, now gets a pass under the guise of "sarcasm".

You're a funny guy Damo.

Now see, that was sarcasm...
Seriously inane.

I made a dark humor sarcastic remark about people who "can't see this" based on another post. The original post is simply a link to a story in a newspaper. You are beyond redemption as an apologist, you attack the "source" and miss the target.

Nice troll, Damo.

And you hooked one, too. Tutu - I'd suggest you read up on current insurance industry practices.
Hacktacular. I post a link to a newspaper article and you start attacking me as if I wrote the article... I suggest you stop getting all bent about newspaper articles, especially when they aren't about what you are trying to protect.

What I do is simply use the Get News link I created and select stories that I think will net some conversation, I thought I was wrong on this one when only one person answered after a very long pause. Now it seems to be picking up a bit, too bad it is only for people to try to insult me for posting a story that they think attacks something they want to protect. Maybe I should log in as "newsboy" before I drop articles on the site so the personality thing might be given a miss.

Hacktacular. I post a link to a newspaper article and you start attacking me as if I wrote the article... I suggest you stop getting all bent about newspaper articles, especially when they aren't about what you are trying to protect.

What I do is simply use the Get News link I created and select stories that I think will net some conversation, I thought I was wrong on this one when only one person answered after a very long pause. Now it seems to be picking up a bit, too bad it is only for people to try to insult me for posting a story that they think attacks something they want to protect. Maybe I should log in as "newsboy" before I drop articles on the site so the personality thing might be given a miss.

Now that is as close to an I was wrong statement from damo as you are likely to get. He is more stubborn than I am.

Well, I'm certainly not afraid to shout out the truth....THIS IS AN Obamacare Preview....
The bootlicking Dems, insist on keeping the heads up their rectums to be sure they don't inadvertently see what going on...

Back