Eminent Domain Abuse

Yeah right, and if no developer wanted to take peoples homes thru eminent domain and make a profit ?

Easy problem to solve ban all projects on land taken by iminent domain from turning a profit.

that would limit it to true public works projects. highways and such.

because other things are built that government would need to hire someone to do and a no profit clause prohibits that. It is the City that is at fault. Many laws have been passed since this ruling stating government cannot take private proerty and pass it on to another private entity and that's how it should be.

because other things are built that government would need to hire someone to do and a no profit clause prohibits that. It is the City that is at fault. Many laws have been passed since this ruling stating government cannot take private proerty and pass it on to another private entity and that's how it should be.

I could not participate in such a deal regardless of the legality. Morals you know.

Yeah right, and if no developer wanted to take peoples homes thru eminent domain and make a profit ?

Easy problem to solve ban all projects on land taken by iminent domain from turning a profit.

that would limit it to true public works projects. highways and such.

so the government was a victim here? the developers forced them to do this?

More people like me would make America a much better place to live.

i wouldn't do it either but that's not the discussion. I don't need to announce how great I think I am because of it.

With that type of ego you ought to run for President.

i wouldn't do it either but that's not the discussion. I don't need to announce how great I think I am because of it.

With that type of ego you ought to run for President.

that job is too far beneath my morals.

heck I am about up there with Olberman :clink:

Back